chris
you missed the whole jist of my first post - I was returning the " somethings not correct " shot joe gave me ( made in fun joe )
the bike I have ready is too new so no I am not riding in the cannonball and the bike I have old enought i cannot find original or repop parts for it - no one wants to sell anything anymore or make for the rare breed I have maybe when joe gets back from the run I can have him make a few parts
why will you not be on the run?????
aka HAWG
!914 Twin HD Cannon ball request
Collapse
X
-
If it had been possible to buy the replacement parts from H-D would you still call it a 2010? If that same bike had been rebuilt in 1939 using available and aftermarket parts would you call it a 1939? If you put a small block Chevy engine and hydraulic brakes on a '32 Ford is it now a 2010? Reproduction parts are a fact of life. If you can't get a reproduction and you have the ability to make a new part more power to you. I think Joe has done a marvelous job on this machine. Nothing on it has been damaged. His modern upgrades for safety are bolt on. When you buy it from him take them off and put the original parts back on so you will have a correct machine. Otherwise quit badmouthing a wonderful job. I only wish I had 1/10th the talent Joe has shown on this job. He has put an unsafe, unrideable machine back on the road.Originally posted by aka HAWG View Postchris
go back through the entire thread and count the number of parts he made for the bike in the last year and then tell me I am incorrect on my thoughts
BTW. Will you be riding your bike on this run?
Leave a comment:
-
right on joe,musta been a great thrill after all the countless hours to be cooking down the road on er.....thanks for the vid.
Leave a comment:
-
Hawg,Originally posted by aka HAWG View Postnow my reply to this is nice bike but its not a 1914 its a 2010 ( in my eyes ) aka HAWG
I think your eyes need adjusting.
Leave a comment:
-
congrats joe - its alive
I see your biggest fan was watching you start the bike in the video
I remember something you said to me about my 14 "X" at wauseon a few years ago and it haunts me to this day after watching your build - you commented nice bike but pedals are incorrect they were girls bicycle- now my reply to this is nice bike but its not a 1914 its a 2010 ( in my eyes ) maybe someday you could find all the original parts to make it a 1914. like what I am doing with the "X" - someday I'll have all the right parts
aka HAWG
Leave a comment:
-
Great Job Joe! Can't wait to see you and your bike at the WTT stop in Maggie Valley.
Leave a comment:
-
Pre flight check list preparations for the first big road trip tomorrow.
Gear ratio changed from 3.422 to 4.07 outer sprocket and bellhousing alignment done....(time consuming job). 14-27-35-44 not a sexy lady just my sprocket set in sequence.
Seat hardware, strap to prevent the seat from pivoting back also done.
Mirrors mounted.
License plate mounting hardware finished.
Two screw holes in the gear chest Heli Coiled.
Quick cleaning of the bike.
The above issues were all anticipated, no surprises here I omitted completing these issues to hear the bike run and ride sooner. My primary concern is the oil leak from the cam cover. Tomorrow the proof is in the riding.
See following video for part one of First Test Road Trip.
Joe
Leave a comment:
-
Amazing effort, shear perseverance, Joe WILLED this resurrection into existence. Unrest is born!!
Leave a comment:
-
Just wonderful to see the result of all this work over the last year. I've read every posting and will be very disappointed now that they will be coming to an end. I don't know how you were able to build such a fine machine and find time to document it in "real time" for us as well. And now it's off to the races........best of luck.
Howard
Leave a comment:
-
I am mesmerized by Joe's You Tube shows. I love watching a craftsman do his thing.
Leave a comment:
-
Kinda' like my pan! Nice work Joe! This has been a very addicting thread, how will we be able to replace our SloJoe updates? Thanks for taking the time to document your project and have a great ride!...MikeOriginally posted by Chris Haynes View PostI wonder what this rear wheel is gonna like like by the time it gets to Santa Monica?
Leave a comment:
-
Way to go Joe! Third times a charm. Can't wait to see the video of the test ride.
Leave a comment:
-
Congratulations on a beautiful machine, Your talent is amazing to say the least. Best of luck on the journey of a lifetime, what an inspiration you are to what can be accomplished when one does things to the beat of their heart. Thanks Joe, I'll use you as an example for the rest of my life
) I bow to you Sensei, you are a true master.
Leave a comment:
-
Fantastic work Joe, & thanks for documenting the build on here.
Really looking forward to the CB run itself now.
Leave a comment:
Leave a comment: