Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PLEASE READ. There are two important areas that concern forum members

PLEASE READ. There are two important areas that concern forum members:

1) You need to be registered with the new AMCA Website by February 15, 2020 to be able to keep using this forum;

2) The email address you have included in your forum profile must match the email you used to register in the new AMCA Website.

What is this all about?

1) AMCA Community Forum members need to know that starting on February 15, 2020 in order for you to log into the forum you will have had to complete registration on the new AMCA Website.

When a member logs in to the forum there is a connection made with the main AMCA Website to authenticate your membership. I think of it like a handshake. If you have not yet registered in the new website your login will be denied by this website.

What to do?

1) Go to www.AntiqueMotorcycle.org. In the upper right hand corner, click on "Member Login." From the Login panel, click on the button "Forgot My Username/Password." Put in your email address and FIRST name. You will receive an email with a temporary username and password. Once you login you will be required to change your password. You can also change your username at the same time.

2) The AMCA Community Forum checks with the AMCA Website to make sure the person logging in is a current AMCA member. The AMCA Website uses the email you are registered with as a member and compares it to the one you used to register in the Forum. The two email addresses must match or you won’t be able to login to the forum. We have found that for any number of reasons people moved to new email addresses and used the new address when registering on the AMCA Website but did not change the email in their forum profile settings. Your email in your AMCA Website registry must match your email in the forum registry for login to be successful.

What to do?

If you need to change the email in your Forum profile, log into the forum. Once logged in go to the “My Profile” tab in the upper right corner of the forum home screen and click. This will bring up your user profile.

In the box on the far left of the screen and adjacent to your forum username there is a pencil image to indicate the Profile edit function. Click on the pencil.

image 1 edit.jpg

This will bring up the forum user manager form of your profile. In the far left box called Profile find the box titled email. Click in the box at the end of your email and backspace to delete the old email, then type in the email you used in the new AMCA Website.

Image 2 email.jpg

Now scroll down to the bottom of this screen and find the “Save” tab, click save.

Image 3 save.jpg

Now go to the top right of this screen with your pointer and click the tab that says “Forum Home Page”, This will take you back to the forum and you are done.

Image 4 back to forum.jpg

This is how you edit your profile information.

Feel free to contact me directly at mikelove44@gmail.com if you need any help.

Mike Love
    AMCA Forum
    Last edited by ihrescue; 01-28-2020, 07:04 AM. Reason: login, username, password,

Thanks, I've logged in to the AMCA site and to the forum, but I don't get the edit pencil in my Forum profile. Why is this? Anyone else have the same problem? Peter

Image9.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by pfindlay View Post
      Thanks, I've logged in to the AMCA site and to the forum, but I don't get the edit pencil in my Forum profile. Why is this? Anyone else have the same problem? Peter

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27179[/ATTACH]

I had the same thing, see the image. Good luck!
      settings.jpg
      Jim

AMCA #6520

Comment

I have zero faith that it will work, maybe it should be more complicated.
        Rich Inmate #7084

Comment

Oops....looks like I made it. Maybe.
          Rich Inmate #7084

Comment

Rich - Where are you with this. Everything okay? Let me know if you need any help.

Mike Love
            AMCA Forum

Comment

Me Rich? Yes, apparently I made it successfully!
              Rich Inmate #7084

Comment

I have been trying for several weeks to get my password straightened out to no avail. I can't believe this will post.

Comment

WHOOPEE I AM IN, I am terrified to change my password, can I stick with the assigned one?

Comment

Lyle -

You can stick with that password and as you get more comfortable with the forum and control panel you can go in and create your own password. If you need some help navigating through some of these processes just let me know. Communicate directly to me at mikelove44@gmail.com

Mike Love
                    AMCA Forum

Comment

Mike,
                      Thanks for the help. I am sure after you helped me the error was on my end.

Lyle

Comment

Mike,
                        You helped me a week ago with login, however, I am still having problems logging in. One second it tells me I'm logged in then out over and over again. I have a thread going with three other members and I replied this morning and now I don't see my reply so I don't know if it went through or not. Help!

Thanks
                        sieber60

Comment

Just checking in on everyone. I am in the process of moving my family to Mass or New Hampshire after staring a job in Waltham a few weeks ago. I hope all is well and I wanted to let any members in the Boston or Yankee Chapter that I am looking to connect with fellow AMCA folks to go for rides and attend events in New England. Someone said there may be a swap meet this weekend. Reach out and say hello. Call me at (262) 244-9425.
                          Thanks,
                          Steve Pan Pizza

Comment

I’m looking for wiring diagram for 38 knucklehead

Comment

Originally posted by conway7957@gmail.com View Post
                              I’m looking for wiring diagram for 38 knucklehead
                              Wrong place to ask for that. You need to ask in Knuckleheads or Electrical. And you should go to new members and do an intro as well.
                              Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Working...
                              X