No announcement yet.

!914 Twin HD Cannon ball request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home from work and voila photobucket works!!!

Cory Othen
    Membership#10953

Comment

• Joe
      How does the 1914 one differ ?
      I've got one that measures 5mm wide above the slot and 10mm from the bottom of the slot to the pinching screw hole. If thats any good to you, you're welcome to it.
      Peter Thomson, a.k.a. Tommo
      A.M.C.A. # 2777
      Palmerston North, New Zealand.

Comment

• hi joe,could you cnc me up a new keyboard these recent pics made me over salivatate and shorted out mine..... looking quite phenominal joe hats off to ya..

Comment

• Rods

Those pesky OIsens Carl and Matt along with kid Ryan have nothing in the way of safety over my operation. Meet my best friend Tailer (following photos)

Rods are nearing completion. Yes the Mirror Y axis button work fine. To cut out the center of the female rod I was given an Idea from another competent machinist. He offered I should put the rod in the lathe! How did I miss that concept? It worked excellent. Remove one of the six jaws and align the rod beam in place of the missing jaw, check to make sure it will swing and clear everything in the path of rotation.

Its way late, more tomorrow.
          Joe
          Last edited by Slojo; 08-05-2010, 12:19 AM.

Comment

• Now that's one cool pooch!!

There's more pics to come.....
            Cory Othen
            Membership#10953

Comment

• Originally posted by gary.h View Post
              these recent pics made me over salivatate and shorted out mine..... ..
              Tell me about it..... I turn my keyboard upside down every night over a drip pan to make sure it's good to go the next day....
              Cory Othen
              Membership#10953

Comment

• a bit of trivia Original Crocker rods were milled out of solid as well. The Crocker Mafia always told me to put them on the shelf and use forged Harley rods which "coincidentally" are exactly the same dimensions.

Comment

• You fella's are to funny.
                  The rods consumed my entire evening yesterday and turned out good. Not exactly what I had in mind. If I could do them over a few revisions would be in order although I am happy with what I have. Today should complete the primary machining of the rods and then off to the shot blaster. Afterwards races and bushings will be pushed in finish honed ends.
                  Joe

Comment

• Cory Othen
                    Membership#10953

Comment

• "Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day"

Wow nothing dull here, another day machining connecting rods, time is flying. Tomorrow the rods should make it to the shot blaster and processed through a Sunnen hone for finish sizing of race and bushing bores.

I worked on reducing weight and finishing the rods bringing them to a point of satisfaction. The rods are about an inch longer than originals and have a larger big end for a 1.25" crank pin. They currently weigh a considerable amount less than originals but do not have bushing or races in them. Once finished they should still weigh less than the originals.

The chassis received a front fender mud flap and original Knuckle/Pan vintage Zirk fittings in the fork rockers, this will ease maintenance The seat is causing a little trouble with paint lifting but may be ready to mount tomorrow. N.O.S. front fork brake shackle bushings are due tomorrow installation of these should about finish the front end.

I sure could use some talented help now, where is that Olsen Kid?
                      Joe

Comment

• I love that dog!
                        George Greer
                        AMCA # 3370

Comment

• Sorry about the delay with the photos.... I made a big boo boo and deleted Joe's e-mail by accident!!! He was kind enought to give me a second chance........

Cory Othen
                          Membership#10953

Comment

• Focus Flywheel Assembly Preparation.

Cory slipped up and lost yesterdays photos so I resent them, he can post next time he is on line.

Tailer, my best friend is old and feeble, he is the official greeter for all who visit and is always a crowd pleaser at parties, He is good natured entertaining but, hates raccoons, possums, wood chucks and chipmunks. Needless to say we are not bothered much by those varmints ask Rick Wolfe.

Today a trip to the shot blaster on the east side of the D. These guys are great they shot blast my parts while I wait, it takes about five minutes and they are finished.

On the work front a spindle drive unit and a spindle both under repair (still have to make a living).

I rectified some loose ends on the chassis and then got the call from Mark the spark. Mark was on his way to do some shopping and turned over his shop for me to get as much grinding done as I could in his absence. Upon his return he pushed me out of the way to show how an ole pro does it. I did finish grind the connecting rod thrust sides to width and the separate races to length. Mark then set up the machine to grind O.D's, he ground one sprocket shaft O.D. that's where we called it quits for the night.

Joe

Comment

• Its all becoming a blur

The weekend has come a gone and all I have done is work on this bike (still having fun). Things are progressing and the chassis is near finished. Recent items added to the chassis are control linkages, floor board items, front axle nuts, handle bar end nuts, miscellaneous hardware and a front mud flaps. Most everything plated refuses to fit together until reworked.

Mark the spark is loaded up with hot work and could not take in my important projects. Until,,, he had some reoccurring health issues (bad back). Mark called today while I was preparing a work area and parts for motor building. I dropped everything, ran over to his shop to grind sprocket and pinion main shafts. Mark is in bad shape right now so he left me alone most of the evening to run his shop without adult supervision. I had a blast using his tooling, he has many interesting devices to perform his trade.

Grinding a .030" wide undercut was interesting, I think Mark was challenging my abilities with this paper thin grinding wheel. I did not break his wheel and finished all five undercuts successfully to his surprise.

The shafts are now complete, rods and flywheels near finished, cylinders honed, everything is coming together. I took the time to lighten the cam, idler and magneto gear set by drilling some holes. Technically this is not a performance issue, more of a durability issue. I am concerned with the weak link, the pinion gear. The pinion gear is the smallest gear and does the most work. Lightening up the gear train will reduce the pinion gear's work load.

Joe
                              Last edited by Slojo; 08-09-2010, 12:45 AM.

Comment

• Cory Othen
                                Membership#10953

Comment

Working...
                                X