No announcement yet.

!914 Twin HD Cannon ball request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking good Joe. It would be great to see some of the other bikes from the event posted here. So far all I've seen is yours and Buzz'es. Come on fella's lets see em while they are still clean.
    ------------
    Steve
    AMCA #7300

Comment

• That is an Absolutely BEAUTIFUL Motorcycle and from one Tool Maker to another your work is Outstanding! That being said, the rectangular mirror looks even more out of place on the'14 than it would on a Pan or Chief! Good Luck to ALL on the Run!! If it were up to 1928 I would be there with you. I have done it on my '37 Chief so I know how much fun ya'll are gonna have! Danny
      http://laughingindian.com/
      http://flatheadownersgroup.com/
      A.M.C.A. Member Since 1986

Comment

• Joe, I saw you riding around in Davenport, gave you a thumbs up. Was unable to find your resting place so I could take a few photos. Hope to see you in Maggie Valley on Sunday.

I have enjoyed immensely seeing this build on the forum. If only we had more of the same from others (myself included).

Regards,
        Lonnie Campbell
        Lonnie Campbell #9908
        South Cackalackey, U.S. of A.

Come see us at the Tenth Annual AMCA Southern National Meet - May 17-19, 2019 at Denton FarmPark, Denton, N.C.

Visit the website for vendor and visitor information at www.amcasouthernnationalmeet.com

Comment

• Joe - this has been a fantastic thread! Thank you very much for taking the time to photograph and post your progress. Your skills are truly awe inspiring. All the very best in the cannonball run ... Perry

Comment

• Lonnie
            I got to hear the bike run, and get a good look at it. he should have no trouble making the trip
            good to see you at D'Port

P.S. Joe you are catching the kid!!!
            Kevin Valentine 13
            EX-Chief Judge

Comment

• Cannonball Report #1

My pit crew and I are in Kitty Hawk, we arrived yesterday afternoon. Bikes are showing up and most of them are 1915 twin three speed Harleys. The weather is perfect and the hotel is first class.

Michael L. from Easy Rider is photographing all the bikes for publication prior to the run. I will try to get some photos posted prior to the run.

The best looking bike here, the Pebble Beach California award winning Steve Huntzinger with his brand X 14 twin.

It is difficult striking up conversation pertaining to my bike, most everybody has been reading this article,,,(humbling) and know the bike inside and out already.

Joe

Comment

• A Real Beauty!

Good luck to Joe and the Gray Ghost! I'll bet that Bill Harley, the Davidson brothers, and the rest of the gang are watching from above and grinning from ear to ear.

That revised '14 twin is pure genius and no mistake. Best of all it's a safe and practical road machine. May the immortal spirit of Harley-Davidson ride with you!

This build proves the old motorcycle axiom that nothing is finished until the last moment or day of the contest or event.

Those are mighty fine looking tall riding boots. Almost like Herter's snake bite boots but not quite. Trust the rest of your riding outfit is just as cool.

Good luck to everyone else embarking on this great epic adventure! May the sun shine and the road smooth and pothole free. Ride safe and watch out for deer!
                Herbert Wagner
                AMCA 4634
                =======
                The TRUE beginnings of the Harley-Davidson Motor Co.

Comment

• Good luck Joe, You've put in countless hours and taught us a lot. I hope your preparation pays off! Have a safe trip!
                  David Morrill
                  Sylacauga, AL. USA.
                  AMCA #15284

Deadly Dave's Blog
                  Sharing the Lost Stories of Early American Motorcycling.

http://dlmracing.blogspot.com/

1921 Harley-Davidson Model J Racer

It will break a hundred, if you drop it from a plane!

Comment

• September 9, 1904

On this date 106 years ago the Harley-Davidson motorcycle first appeared in the historical record. That was at a race on Sept. 9, 1904, in Milwaukee, Wis.

I'd say that's a pretty good send-off for the Cannonball Riders tomorrow.
                    Herbert Wagner
                    AMCA 4634
                    =======

Comment

• Kitty Hawk

Got to Kitty Hawk after lunch today. Talked to Joe & a few others then heard the Grey Ghost run. It sure sounds sweet. A lot of wrenching going on in the parking lot. Looks like it might be day 15 instead of the eve of the start. Sorry Joe but I have to pull for the other brand(Jim Petty on a 15 Indian!!!)

Comment

• This is so cool, gosh I wish I was there to see it all, hear it all. Come on guy's, give us an awesome dvd of the whole event. Cause that's as close as some of us can git, dang it. Truely wish all the best of luck!

Comment

• Had a chance to see Joe's bike at Davenport and it's a marvel. Joe, hope you enjoyed the Manitoba Goldeye. I wish I were you this month.
                          Ross

Comment

• Does anyone know why Joe missed about 8 miles?
                            Jim

Comment

• Jim, Joe's bike is a single speed, it probably need a "lift" to the top of the mountain. I'll see all the guys maybe tomorrow, Friday for sure, if we don't have an answer by then I'll post it.
                              Mike

Comment

• On the other thread Bill Wood reported that Joe's lost miles was due to the Gray Ghost suffering magneto failure.
                                Last edited by HarleyCreation; 09-16-2010, 04:50 PM.
                                Herbert Wagner
                                AMCA 4634
                                =======

Comment

Working...
                                X