H model whizzer on cheiftain bicycle
      H model whizzer on schwinn bicycle
      1949 harley model 125 bobber project
      1959 harley model 165
      1960 harley super 10
      1974 indian 70cc dirt bike
      EXCELSIOR - ALWAYS MAKES GOOD

Comment

• any other word on vince's continuing on - can the axle be fixed for him to continue????

vince is my favorite for the class one winner - go vinnie go

aka HAWG
        1914 EXCELSIOR BELT DRIVE SINGLE
        1914 excelsior belt drive single carcuss
        1940 indian chief military
        1965 sportster xlch
        1969 sportster xlch bobber
        1971 bsa A65 chopper
        1969 harley ss350 sprint
        1960 harley topper
        1963 harley topper
        H model whizzer on cheiftain bicycle
        H model whizzer on schwinn bicycle
        1949 harley model 125 bobber project
        1959 harley model 165
        1960 harley super 10
        1974 indian 70cc dirt bike
        EXCELSIOR - ALWAYS MAKES GOOD

Comment

• Originally posted by aka HAWG View Post
          here is vince's pope on the pier in kitty hawk
          What a sweet little OHV machine. One of the choicest bikes on this run. I like the orange striping too. I wonder if that was the stock paint job color? Pope's were mighty nice machines. The mystery is whether or not Perry E. Mack had a hand in that motor.
          Herbert Wagner
          AMCA 4634
          =======
          The TRUE beginnings of the Harley-Davidson Motor Co.

Comment

• Sounds like salzay(?) had a spare Pope in his support trailer and offered him the axle, how cool is that?

Comment

• Following the Cannonballers

Seeing the Cannonballers arriving in Hot Springs on Thursday evening(16th)and observing extensive repairs being done at several locations(Landers H-D, Convention Center, Friday) made me aware of how amazing this trek across the USA really is. Reading each daily internet posting tells the hardships they are encountering and the group effort to keep these ancient fabulous machines rolling west.

All the participants we encountered were so enthusiastic about the Cannonball and gladly gave information to onlookers on their respective machines, all with the determination to go all the way to the finish!

Having read (Bert Wilson's Twin Cylinder Racer) early boys adventure series, isued in 1914, of such a cross country adventure I thought it was somewhat exaggerated with chapters like "runaway locomotive,broken dams,racing an air ship,flaming forest" that our hero encountered on his trip westward!! I think he has nothing on our Cannonballers!!
              Steve
              Steve Cornish AMCA 6971
              TO MANY CLEVER PEOPLE NOT ENOUGH WISDOM

Comment

• New post up now at: http://www.antiquemotorcycle.org/ind...t01returnid=97

This should have been a tough day for bikes and riders. It started in 37-degree cold at 7,000 feet and ended at about 100 degrees at 500 feet, with a difficult pass in between. But everybody made it through OK, and we still have a 10-way tie for the lead.

Bill Wood

Comment

• I don't know how I missed this earlier but at the end of this clip is some good footage of Katrin and Dieter getting their bikes going.

I have to agree that Vince's Pope is one great little bike but I'm still rooting for that little J A P single!!!

It's almost over folks.... now what are we going to do for excitement???
                  Cory Othen
                  Membership#10953

Comment

• Yesterday my nephew and I rode 600 miles on modern machines, to watch the Cannonballer's roar over Sitgreaves Pass - it was awesome!! I have not ridden that far in a day in more than a decade and it was hot. When we got there, we stood in the hot sun for almost 3 hour's, just watching and talking. Did alot of screaming and jumping up and down as they went by, they were awe inspirring!! Watched Henderson's, Excelsior's, Harley's, Indian's, Vince on his Pope, all roar by - it was too Cool !!
                    Got to meet Katrin and Dieter, Sean Brayton, Frank Westfall, watched Katrin start her awesome little machine. Some serious road's their riding, again awesome stuff.Got to chat with Bill Wood and just had a blast, then rode back home. Tired and burnt and very impressed with what we saw and heard, very neat folk's and gut'sy, all seemed in very good spirrit's.I got some good pictures if I can figure how to post here - that's a big if, but will try.Hope to meet alot more at the pier, but it was an awesome day! hats off to all the Cannonballer's!!!!

Comment

• Good for you Tom!!! It's good to hear that you got to soak up a piece of the event!!! If your having too much trouble posting pics shoot me a pm with your e-mail and we'll get'er done..
                      Cory Othen
                      Membership#10953

Comment

• The 3,300-mile Cannonball comes down to its final challenge tomorrow--a 115-mile stage culminating in a 30-mile run through LA traffic on roads we're told have 100 stoplights.

Today's stage saw no significant changes at the top of the standings, although Katrin Boehner had to overcome a flat tire out in the middle of the Mojave Desert.

If everything stays the way it is, Brad Wilmarth is poised to become the overall winner of the Cannonball on his 1913 Excelsior, But we'll see how these old bikes stand up to modern traffic.

Here's the latest post: http://www.antiquemotorcycle.org/inde...t01returnid=97

Bill Wood

Comment

• Let's make em ride back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• They must be over the finish line by now, I wonder who won...

Comment

• If the riders and their machines were consistent I'm guessing we already know. But then again..... things can change awfully quick!!!! I'm anxious to hear the results!!!
                              Cory Othen
                              Membership#10953

Comment

• I sure hope an Excelsior is going to take this thing. Think about the historical significance of a motorcycle that ceased production in 1931; and winning a bona-fide race in 2010. That would be the coolest thing to happen in the whole racing world of 2010.
                                Eric Smith
                                AMCA #886

Comment

Working...
                                X