• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brad won the !!!!
    rob ronky #10507
    www.diamondhorsevalley.com

Comment

• What an amazing ride and an even more amazing group of serious, dedicated riders and wrenches. After 11 days of riding with a perfect score it was a very tough decision for me to trailer for a day. My bike was knocking so hard and so underpowered I was amazed to be able to ride in to the hotel that night under my own power. One thing led to another and it was too much to try and fix so I pulled out with 3 days left in the run. I went home to tend to a very sick family member.
      This is ride I will never forget. Rode with some old friends and made a lot of new ones.
      Congrats to all who rode on this epic ride and thanks to Lonnie and everyone involved in creating and running the Motorcycle Cannonball.
      Buzz Kanter
      Classic-Harley.Info Classic Harley History
      [Classic American Iron Forum Classic Harley Forum
      [American Iron Magazine Harley Magazine

Comment

• No change to the standings on the final day. Brad Wilmarth wins the overall Cannonball championship and Class II (for multi-cylinder, single-speed bikes) on his 1913 Excelsior. Rick McMaken wins Class III (for multi-cylinder, multi-speed bikes) on his 1915 Harley-Davidson. Katrin Boehner wins Class I (for single-cylinder, single-speed bikes) on her 1907 J.A.P.

The impressive part is that of the 45 bikes that started the competition 16 days ago in Kitty Hawk, NC, 37 ran today as a large crowd greeted the riders on the Santa Monica Pier outside Los Angeles.

I'll have more details in a post on the News page as soon as I can wrap it up.

Bill Wood

Comment

• EXCELSIOR ! Always makes good ! Congratulations Brad.
          Eric Smith
          AMCA #886

Comment

• Excelsior !
            Eric Smith
            AMCA #886

Comment

• Yes.... congrats Brad!!! That Excelsior performed flawlessly.. I guess Excelsior does "Always Make Good"....

Katrin and her little J A P deserve a pat on the back too!!!
              Cory Othen
              Membership#10953

Comment

• i talked to brads crew yesterday and they said not a spot of carbon in that motor. they pulled the plugs brushed them off , checked the clutch nightly and the bike was ready for the next day.if 45 2010 harley's left the show room in myrtle beach s.c. how many would make ca in 16 days?
                rob ronky #10507
                www.diamondhorsevalley.com

Comment

• if 45 2010 harley's left the show room in myrtle beach s.c. how many would make ca in 16 days?
                  All of them as long as they didn't get a flat on their trailers!
                  Robbie
                  Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

• Just back from the pier and it was awesome. Several of those machines and even the riders, sounded and looked like they were ready for more - amazing! Some looked like they were on their last leg's and completely worn out, it was hard to believe what they had just accomplished. A real elite bunch of folk's. Got to talk with Slo Joe and see and hear his machine, talked with Allan Travis - his machine still looked all but new and sounded just as good, as did Steve Huntzinger's. Several said they would do it again tomorrow if they could, amazing. It was a beautiful day and a good crowd showed late, just in time to cheer them in. It really was quite the sight, folk's came from quite far to see the end. It was impressive to hear, but still for such an event - I was amazed their was not more attention given to it. I saw lot's of motorcycle rider's out and I just kept thinking, your going the wrong way dont you know what's happenning here. I guess we are really quite a small nich in the whole big picture of thing's funny. But for those of us into it, it did not git any better that what we just witnessed, congratulation's Cannonballer's!!

Comment

• Condratultaions to all the cannonballers from me as well. What an adventure and feat to accomplish. My hat goes to them all including those who could not finish. I havent heard yet but I hope no one had any mishaps with any of those odd idiot drivers in cages in the last 30 miles thru the streets and so many traffic lites to stop whenever and get restarted as some had to do. All the best to them all...Joe
                      Joe AMCA# 3435

Comment

• Here's a few clips from the pier..... I'm just itchin' for the full report..........

Cory Othen
                        Membership#10953

Comment

• and another one.........

Cory Othen
                          Membership#10953

Comment

• New post now up at: http://www.antiquemotorcycle.org/ind...t01returnid=97

Updated with the events at tonight's awards dinner. Besides the applause for the winners, there was a huge hand for Lonnie Isam for organizing the whole thing. He said: "Everybody talked about us making history, and I think we did."

I'm trying to figure out how I'll find my way to the airport tomorrow without a route sheet.

Bill Wood

Comment

• Undoubtedly one of the best antique mc events ever. Thanks to everyone who made it happen. Congratulations to the all the winners and all the riders. It is great to see an Excelsior win first and second. Where were those Harley three speeds everyone was crowing about a week or two ago?

Damn, with the cannonball over, now I got to figure out what am going to do first thing tomorrow morning.

I would love to see smaller events like two or three days long showcasing the older bikes, not quite so epoch, but more members could enjoy without taking a month off work.

Thanks again!
                              Louie
                              FaceBook >>>Modern Antique Cycle
                              Blog Site >>> http://louiemcman.blogspot.com/
                              YouTube >>> LouieMCman

Comment

• I have alot of respect for all involved. Congratulations everyone!!

Comment

Working...
                                X