No announcement yet.

Motorcycle Cannonball Miscellany

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, I now have a new favorite woman racer, Danica is out and Katrin is in.

Comment

• Well done to everyone involved & of course Brad & his Exelsior.
      Found this poiniant link in the Wagner thread on here, proud Exelsior twin owner pic #17

http://www.arnoldforyou.com/granddadsbikerpics.htm
      Last edited by Greg H; 09-27-2010, 10:51 AM.

Comment

• Congratulations to everyone involved, especially the riders. You have my respect & admiration.
        You've made a great story for your front porches. I 'd love to listen to every one of them.
        -Bob
        Bob

Comment

• This has been a blast to watch especially since I met some of the riders when they were in Huntsville, AL. They all, I am sure, had the time of their lives and will have many stories to pass along. Congratulations!
          Bob Selph
          1933VC/1934LT Sidecar
          1940 Sport Scout
          AMCA#15215

Comment

• Well, like Pop Schwinn said, "Ex always makes good." In this case so did J A P, Pope, and Harley-D.

Will Indian demand a rematch?
            Herbert Wagner
            AMCA 4634
            =======
            The TRUE beginnings of the Harley-Davidson Motor Co.

Comment

• Yes, the "Ex" did very well and the way I read it from Bill Woods report, some one correct me if wrong. "Ex" came in ist, 2nd and third in Class II. Harley also came in 1-2-3 in class three. I'm waiting for Indian to call for a rematch also. I do have to commend Bill Wood on such a good daily report on the the Cannonball run. A job very very well done Bill, hope you found the LA Airport, lol......Joe
              Joe AMCA# 3435

Comment

• I believe Slojoe was third in class 2 on his HD
                Louie
                FaceBook >>>Modern Antique Cycle
                Blog Site >>> http://louiemcman.blogspot.com/
                YouTube >>> LouieMCman

Comment

• It certainly looks that way Louie. Hadn't he had mag troubles we might have seen him tie for first!!! I'm surprised to hear of no speeding tickets on his part!!!
                  Cory Othen
                  Membership#10953

Comment

• I think that this has been one awsome read/ride.....incredible.

My hats off to all in the Cannonball your courage to ride these antique motorcycles, is a inspiration to me.

George
                    George Greer
                    AMCA # 3370

Comment

• Originally posted by c.o. View Post
                      It certainly looks that way Louie. Hadn't he had mag troubles we might have seen him tie for first!!! I'm surprised to hear of no speeding tickets on his part!!!
                      but his support vehicle did just outside kitty hawk on day one

aka HAWG
                      1914 EXCELSIOR BELT DRIVE SINGLE
                      1914 excelsior belt drive single carcuss
                      1940 indian chief military
                      1965 sportster xlch
                      1969 sportster xlch bobber
                      1971 bsa A65 chopper
                      1969 harley ss350 sprint
                      1960 harley topper
                      1963 harley topper
                      H model whizzer on cheiftain bicycle
                      H model whizzer on schwinn bicycle
                      1949 harley model 125 bobber project
                      1959 harley model 165
                      1960 harley super 10
                      1974 indian 70cc dirt bike
                      EXCELSIOR - ALWAYS MAKES GOOD

Comment

• I'm so bummed! No more c-ball reports. .. need a follow=up!
                        I demand interviews!
                        We need interviews with the riders so we can get "under the hood", and get those details that we know had EVERYTHING to do with the ride and the results.
                        Otherwise, I'm gonna have to beg slojo to hang out. This gig can't end! Joe! git your butt back home and check in! ... (is that begging?)

Comment

• I feel where your coming from Phil. I'm bummed too!!! Hopefully when everybody gets home and rested we can get more details!!! For now here's another pier clip.... that is if you haven't watched it on the Cannonball site already!!

Cory Othen
                          Membership#10953

Comment

• Yep I'am with you guy's, I think this event has sparked more interest and folks imagination's more than anything I can think of in 20 year's in the AMCA. How many of us were dreaming of being in that run? The machines that were built up from baskit cases to run the run. I would like to know what some of the issue's the rider's had, all must have very good stuff to tell. Sure hope they feel like telling their stories to the rest of us. From the guy's who broke down the first day and those who battled all the way through, lot's of gut's to push off at the start and go for it. With their treasured machines and the possible calamities and or thrill's that laid ahead. Let us hear about it all, please dont let it stop yet!

Comment

• Well thanks to Tom Lovejoy we don't have to let it end yet!!!! Stay tuned there's more to come!!!

Cory Othen
                              Membership#10953

Comment

• Thanks Tom & Cory, Now that puts a smile on my face. I think somebody really likes those Indians.
                                ------------
                                Steve
                                AMCA #7300

Comment

Working...
                                X