!914 Twin HD Cannon ball request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trouble in Cyber space

What has happened to the edit function of posted material? I have lost this ability, the button has disappeared. Simultaneously the ability for the AMCA web forum to remember my pass word has also failed. I must re-sign in every move I make. Previously I checked the box "remember me" and never had to sign afterward. Any help will be appreciated. I just had to sign in five times to post this comment.
    Joe

Comment

• The edit button just made a cameo visit. Did I get a virus? I am not feeling well.
      Joe
      Last edited by Slojo; 03-13-2010, 06:04 PM.

Comment

• cyber space is fine jo
        rob ronky #10507
        www.diamondhorsevalley.com

Comment

• cyber space is fine joe
          rob ronky #10507
          www.diamondhorsevalley.com

Comment

• The edit function mystery is now solved. This feature is only available while properly signed on. The problem could be the AMCA web "remember me" functions fault. It appears it has amnesia and refuses to recognize and hold my information when first opening the home page and any consecutive pages. Some times I must sign in two or three times for it to accept me into the fold. What gives?
            Joe

Comment

• My mistake
              I changed a cookies filter on my machine a couple days ago and this prohibited the ability for my oatmeal raison, ginger snaps, peanut butter and lemon drop cookies to be properly stored and or consumed. All is back to normal, what ever normal is.
              Joe
              Last edited by Slojo; 03-13-2010, 12:59 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slojo View Post
                The edit function mystery is now solved. This feature is only available while properly signed on. The problem could be the AMCA web "remember me" functions fault. It appears it has amnesia and refuses to recognize and hold my information when first opening the home page and any consecutive pages. Some times I must sign in two or three times for it to accept me into the fold. What gives?
                Joe
                Joe,

For me the "edit" button is only there for about 24 hours, and then disappears forever.

The Gray Ghost is shaping up beautifully. That will be a great machine.
                Herbert Wagner
                AMCA 4634
                =======
                The TRUE beginnings of the Harley-Davidson Motor Co.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slojo View Post
                  My mistake
                  I changed a cookies filter on my machine a couple days ago and this prohibited the ability for my oatmeal raison, ginger snaps, peanut butter and lemon drop cookies to be properly stored and or consumed. All is back to normal, what ever normal is.
                  Joe
                  I know where you're coming from. I tend to mow through the cookies and find myself hounding the Mrs. to make more..........
                  Cory Othen
                  Membership#10953

Comment

• Geometry its what bikes are built with.

Success with the front fork alignments, chalk up today as both satisfying and productive. The trick was not measuring but measuring with a proper set up and then making adjustments without creating new problems. In the following photos you will see what a simple task this turned out to be. Most important is the need for a qualified set up to be devised for measuring and adjusting. Notice the lever set up to pull the rocker stud end of the front spring fork into a square shape from a parallelogram. The 2-4-6-blocks clamped to the table held the fork rails stable while leverage was applied to one leg and not the other in order to bring the two legs in line with each other. The fender brace is what you are working against here and it also must be where you anchor the stationary fork against while force is applied.
                    Measurements on the top end of the legs, the fork rockers and the square condition of the legs to both of the above confirmed the alignments were proper. When assembled to the main fork a smooth and bind free operation resulted with all inspections less than .010" through out the travel range of the fork.
                    With the fork in alignment it became time to set up the front wheel. I have been told this wheel is off a 1981/82 Honda XR500R and or a XR250R. It has a double leading shoe brake and a small, light installation package making it just right for this application, remember safety first.
                    Centering of the hub and rim a six inch scale measurement is fine for now. A hollow axle will be made from chrome molly tubing, this will reduce the Honda wheel's axle size down so the original Harley front axle can be used. The ability to anchor the brake backing plate required some deliberation prior to a solution presented itself. Photos below will demonstrate what I fabricated for the application. This devise takes place of the nut that holds the spring fork rocker stud to the fork and then anchors the brake plate just as Honda did for it's originaly intended application.
                    Joe 3-15-2010
                    Last edited by Slojo; 03-15-2010, 10:35 PM.

Comment

• Cory Othen
                      Membership#10953

Comment

• Front wheel progress

An attempt to finish the wheel mounting project of yesterday left me just short of completion tonight. A sight revision of the brake anchor allows the anchor the ability to articulate around the axis motion off the fork rocker. This motion was overlooked in the original design. A new stud nut attaches the rocker stud to the fork and the anchor will pivot on the stud nut. Also a grease fitting hole was drilled and taped 5/16X32 for an early Zirk fitting.
                        On to the axle. I found an old car axle and had an idea, since it was already case hardened it would make a durable hollow axle sleeve. Getting through the hardest area, the spline rolled area was no walk in the park. Once past the case depth of the spline the rest of the material machined tuff but good. Drilling and reaming a hole straight concentric and through 5.5 inches was a challenge once finished the axle sleeve was complete and in beautiful condition. A simple spacer will be made tomorrow along with cutting the late model axle shorter and re-threading one end to complete the wheel mounting.
                        Joe 3-16-2010

Comment

• Cory Othen
                          Membership#10953

Comment

• What! No disc brake?
                            Be sure to visit;
                            http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
                            Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
                            Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris Haynes View Post
                              What! No disc brake?
                              have you not been following the post - he told us pages ago he was using a foreign drum brake - get with the game
                              aka HAWG
                              1914 EXCELSIOR BELT DRIVE SINGLE
                              1914 excelsior belt drive single carcuss
                              1940 indian chief military
                              1965 sportster xlch
                              1969 sportster xlch bobber
                              1971 bsa A65 chopper
                              1969 harley ss350 sprint
                              1960 harley topper
                              1963 harley topper
                              H model whizzer on cheiftain bicycle
                              H model whizzer on schwinn bicycle
                              1949 harley model 125 bobber project
                              1959 harley model 165
                              1960 harley super 10
                              1974 indian 70cc dirt bike
                              EXCELSIOR - ALWAYS MAKES GOOD

Comment

• Joe, what kind of brake linings are you using? Will that brake lock up when a deer jumps out in front of you coming down a mountain pass? Can the fork handle the extra power of the brake? Just curious as I am thinking of putting a twin leading shoe Norton Manx brake on a Norton girder fork.

Comment

Working...
                                X