• Show
Clear All

Carburetor cleaning and bushing installing/removal tools DCP_2265.JPG
    Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

45 rear axle wrench. DCP_4557.JPG
      Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

I bought this took kit years ago... but I'm not sure what year Harley it's from. Is it a WLA kit? OR did they just use a olive drab roll for all bikes? Also another picture of two "flat" wrenches... ??
        100_0430.JPG
        100_0433.JPG
        100_0431.JPG
        Last edited by Jim; 01-14-2021, 06:30 PM.
        Jim

AMCA #6520

Comment

Originally posted by Jim View Post
          I bought this took kit years ago... but I'm not sure what year Harley it's from. Is it a WLA kit? OR did they just use a olive drab roll for all bikes? Also another picture of two "flat" wrenches... ??
          100_0430.JPG
          100_0433.JPG
          100_0431.JPG
          That does not look like an H-D pouch. It could be MilSurp and repurposed by a previous owner. the tools are a bit mixed as well with a couple missing from kits I am aware of. Still cool though!

Misc toolkit tools.
          . DCP_2781.JPG
          Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

How long is the adjustable on the right, Jim?

My collection are all eight to nine inches, but yours looks shorter, which is delightful if it is.

(Note how the one in Rubone's last pic is whacked.)

The octagonal spanners suggest hose or bung fittings to me,..

....Cotten
            AMCA #776
            Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

Originally posted by T. Cotten View Post
              How long is the adjustable on the right, Jim?

My collection are all eight to nine inches, but yours looks shorter, which is delightful if it is.

(Note how the one in Rubone's last pic is whacked.)

The octagonal spanners suggest hose or bung fittings to me,..

....Cotten
              Hi Cotten, I just measured it and that adjustable wrench is 7". I wonder if Indian Motorcycles used that type of pouch? I have no clue! I just thought it was H-D because of the wrenches.
              Last edited by Jim; 01-16-2021, 09:27 AM.
              Jim

AMCA #6520

Comment

Originally posted by Jim View Post

Hi Cotten, I just measured it and that adjustable wrench is 7". I wonder if Indian Motorcycles used that type of pouch? I have no clue! I just thought it was H-D because of the wrenches.
                Awesum, Jim!

The pouch appears military. The similarity of the small chainbreaker and pliers with Rubone's las pic is poignant, no doubt.

Indian kits were hodge-podges too:

Chieftoolkit2.jpg

Fire-fighting still comes to mind.

....Cotten

AMCA #776

Comment

Thanks Cotten, none of my tools say Indian... so that would leave them out. I can't make out what the words are on my tool wrap. I searched the numbers, but that didn't show any results worth mentioning. But, it's a cool set I have nevertheless. I'll have to look closer at my pliers to see what "words" are on them.
                  Jim

AMCA #6520

Comment

About your screwdriver, Jim,..

It looks like maybe its a knob at the base of the blade, instead of a crimped collar. Does it unscrew to release the blade?

Are there two ends to the blade?

....Cotten
                    Last edited by T. Cotten; 01-16-2021, 06:06 PM.
                    AMCA #776

Comment

• Originally posted by Jim View Post
                      Thanks Cotten, none of my tools say Indian... so that would leave them out. I can't make out what the words are on my tool wrap. I searched the numbers, but that didn't show any results worth mentioning. But, it's a cool set I have nevertheless. I'll have to look closer at my pliers to see what "words" are on them.
                      Over the years I have acquired many pouches, most of which are Military for other uses repurposed to H-D. Most H-D pouches are a simple flapped bag (all oil treated OD canvas), the exceptions being some of the late WLA types, none of which have the "wings" like your pouch.
                      Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

• Cast Indian tools were made by Vlchek, along with lots of other period tools for a variety of makes. The hammer/tire spoon is for clinchers. Stamped tools by H-D and Indian both appear to have been made in house.
                        image_26904.jpgimage_26905.jpg
                        Last edited by Rubone; 01-16-2021, 07:48 PM.
                        Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

• Speaking of tire spoons, Folks,..

These are still in cosmo;

spoons.jpg

WLA issue?

Thanks in advance,

....Cotten
                          PS: Courtesy of Eric Mathieu
                          AMCA #776

Comment

• Originally posted by T. Cotten View Post
                            About your screwdriver, Jim,..

It looks like maybe its a knob at the base of the blade, instead of a crimped collar. Does it unscrew to release the blade?

Are there two ends to the blade?

....Cotten
                            Hi Cotten, no the base of the screwdriver does not unscrew. It is a slotted screwdriver only.
                            Jim

AMCA #6520

Comment

• Originally posted by Rubone View Post
                              Cast Indian tools were made by Vlchek, along with lots of other period tools for a variety of makes. The hammer/tire spoon is for clinchers. Stamped tools by H-D and Indian both appear to have been made in house.
                              Thanks Rubone!! OK, now I am a new 1946 Indian owner as of Oct. 2020. I am still 'learning' about Indians and I have to wonder when did Indian go from Motocycle to Motorcycle (added the "R"). Now I'll have to look for Vlcheck tools in those "bargain" Tool piles!
                              Jim

AMCA #6520

Comment

• Originally posted by Jim View Post

Thanks Rubone!! OK, now I am a new 1946 Indian owner as of Oct. 2020. I am still 'learning' about Indians and I have to wonder when did Indian go from Motocycle to Motorcycle (added the "R"). Now I'll have to look for Vlcheck tools in those "bargain" Tool piles!
                                Lots of different stamped ones too Jim. And various adjustables for Indian. The four on the left of the picture are all stamped Indian or Hendee but made by others. DCP_2252.JPGDCP_2254.JPG
                                Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Working...
                                X