early sidecar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• s-l400-1.jpg
    Hello intresting to hear. It öooks like this and model number is like this. But is that other brandt.. ?
    Thanks Juha

Comment

• Probably just me & the angle of the pic.In the pic you posted the nose looks more angled down & more pointed in front.The door on yours has extra rib,not seen in this other pic also.I think some of the export models had Rogers bodies not HD.But they did have HD chassis & numbers on chassis,so it would be correct for an export model!To OZ anyway
      Last edited by duffeycycles; 04-10-2019, 09:24 AM.

Comment

• Juha,
        Do you have a frame no for this sidecar.
        I am not sure where to look, maybe someone can help identify where it is located.
        Cheers,

Comment

• Ken, Is your sidecar an export for Britain?

Comment

• Hi Ken I think no. Straight to Finland. IMG-20181125-WA0004.jpg
            Here is list of harley side car. My is 18 QB from the frame.
            It would be intresting to see other similar other brants side cars.
            Br Juha

Comment

• The 1918 is a different body than '15-17.I think you do have a 1918 Harley body after looking at other pics.Dale at wheels thru time museum has one just like it.The other pic you posted is '15-17 Harley body.The '18 swoops up to the rear like yours & has the extra rib on the door.My mistake!

Comment

• Originally posted by ryan View Post
                Ken, Is your sidecar an export for Britain?
                Hello Ryan , Yes I believe so but not just for us , there are many other countries that drive on the left so there was plenty of prospective buyers for left hand chairs . I am still not sure of the make of mine but know it's American made and has the same ball joint fittings I have seen on Excelsiors and Reading Standard and others . Also I thought the biggest give away to a manufacturer is the single leaf suspension on the front . Any ideas on that will be much appreciated . Fittings that came with it are for a Powerplus which it is on at
                the mo but I first had it on my 1916 Excelsior which it looks like they've been together from new . I can swap it to either bike within an hour at a liesurely pace .
                It seems very difficult to identify sidecar bodies as many were very similar , chassis are more easily distinguishable .
                Ken

Comment

• Originally posted by ryan View Post
                  You can bet it is not the great US of A going through that translator. I just looked it up and he is in Espoo, Finland.
                  What are YOU trying to say? I thought Jahu had a legitimate request.

As for the sidecar. I have a 1917 Rogers that came off a 1917 Excelsior and Jahu's sidecar is not a Rogers. The Rogers car body is round in the back, and has a very different nose. National was a big sidecar manufacturer, and actually owned Rogers and their bodies look more in line with what Jahu has. Early independent American sidecar history is very foggy, and ambiguous.
                  Eric Smith
                  AMCA #886

Comment

Working...
                  X