1914 racing yardlong limited copies now available

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Mr. Big
    replied
    "Impecunious"? Now THAT is a 1500 dollar word if I ever saw one.......

    Leave a comment:


  • 45OZ
    replied
    What actually is "SPECIAL GERMAN PHOTOGRAPHIC PAPER " as opposed to Kodak Special Photographic Paper ?

    Leave a comment:


  • Barry Brown
    Guest replied
    Originally posted by Chris Haynes View Post
    Being as you have no commas and decimal points in your price, is it a great price of $15.00, a fair price of $150.00 or a ripoff of $1,500.00?
    Chris, Thanks for your astute commentary. You must have gone to grammar school. Since you appear to be impecunious I'll let you have one for $1,499.00 The way the US dollar is going I may have to change the asking price to yuan. By the way , Walmart does not sell these.

    Leave a comment:


  • Mr. Big
    replied
    Thanks Chris, I thought I was the only one.....

    Leave a comment:


  • Chris Haynes
    replied
    Being as you have no commas and decimal points in your price, is it a great price of $15.00, a fair price of $150.00 or a ripoff of $1,500.00?

    Leave a comment:


  • sveger
    replied
    Its a Cleveland indeed, tough I wonder whatever a guy trying to compete in racing with a Cleveland was up to? I know them as some really slow little machines with some odd engineering inside the engine to get the power from the cranck to the gearbox. As Cleveland started with motorbikes in 1915 I would rather think the photo is from 16 or 17?

    Sverre
    AMcN

    Leave a comment:


  • Barry Brown
    Guest replied
    the picture shows both professional and the amateurs. I believe the bike you are referring to next to the Cyclone is a two stroke Cleveland but I could be wrong as the lettering is illegible. There are 2 of these shown in between the two stroke Indians and Excelsiors.

    Leave a comment:


  • rwm
    replied
    barry what is the bike with sideways crank case in the photo above?

    Leave a comment:


  • Barry Brown
    Guest replied
    that is a great idea Fred. The only stumbling block is that I have been waiting a few years now for the Hen mains to be line bored. maybe another bike would be better. what is the "ideal California bike" ?
    if there is such a thing. the vision that always springs to my brain is that twisty highway along the coast, maybe one of my cammy Nortons would be a good candidate, do you allow Limeys on the Indian reservation?

    Leave a comment:


  • redfred84
    replied
    why wait until then? You could ride it out now, and fly home. I'll tend to it here for ya, and you'll always have a bike on the left Coast! Frees up some storage on your end too! Honest! Think about it. It's what I do. Saves a lot of time in your travels also. We call it the fly & ride program.
    Then you could see all the neat stuff we have in the SFMC clubhouse, not to mention all the wierdos that end up in SF here (from all parts East of us).
    RF.

    Leave a comment:


  • Barry Brown
    Guest replied
    sounds great Fred. Maybe I'll ride my 27 Hen out there in next years Cannonball

    Leave a comment:


  • redfred84
    replied
    Cool stuff Barry,
    You gotta come out West and visit the SFMC, where we have a bunch of 4 footers. We just re-inacted one from a 1914 outing on Pismo Beach with the Pismo Club (who are still in existance also). We had 1000 people on the beach for another 4 footer, just a few weeks ago!!!!!!!!!! I think we may even have a 6 footer. I'll have to measure it on Thursday, as we hold meetings open to the public every Thursday.
    We gotta real live V-Twin Curtiss in captivity also. Hell, I'll even buy you a drink!
    Yers, RF.

    Leave a comment:


  • Barry Brown
    started a topic 1914 racing yardlong limited copies now available

    1914 racing yardlong limited copies now available

    AFTER MUCH THOUGHT AND CAJOLING I AM OFFERING 10 ONLY 16" X 66" ULTRA HIGH QUALITY PRINTS ON SPECIAL GERMAN PHOTOGRAPHIC PAPER. THEY ARE NUMBERED AND SIGNED . NUMBERS 1 AND 2 ARE ALREADY SOLD. TENTATIVE PRICE WILL BE $1500 WHICH INCLUDES WORLDWIDE EXPEDITED DELIVERY. THIS IS THE BEST YARDLONG I HAVE EVER SEEN. IT SHOWS HARLEY RACER LACY CROILIUS SNOOPING AROUND AMONGST THE FACTORY EXCELSIORS WITH GOUDY AND PERRY AND CREW AS WELL AS GENE WALKER ON HIS 8 VALVE INDIAN AND NON OTHER THAN A CYCLONE ON THE STARTING LINE. BELIEVED TO BE JUNE 1914 MILWAUKEE.
    EMAIL ME TO RESERVE YOURS oldmill@kingston.net thanks, Barry
    [img]P1200572[/img]

    [img]P1200573[/img]

    [img]P1200574[/img]
    Last edited by Guest; 10-12-2010, 07:05 AM.
Working...