1914 racing yardlong limited copies now available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1914 racing yardlong limited copies now available

AFTER MUCH THOUGHT AND CAJOLING I AM OFFERING 10 ONLY 16" X 66" ULTRA HIGH QUALITY PRINTS ON SPECIAL GERMAN PHOTOGRAPHIC PAPER. THEY ARE NUMBERED AND SIGNED . NUMBERS 1 AND 2 ARE ALREADY SOLD. TENTATIVE PRICE WILL BE $1500 WHICH INCLUDES WORLDWIDE EXPEDITED DELIVERY. THIS IS THE BEST YARDLONG I HAVE EVER SEEN. IT SHOWS HARLEY RACER LACY CROILIUS SNOOPING AROUND AMONGST THE FACTORY EXCELSIORS WITH GOUDY AND PERRY AND CREW AS WELL AS GENE WALKER ON HIS 8 VALVE INDIAN AND NON OTHER THAN A CYCLONE ON THE STARTING LINE. BELIEVED TO BE JUNE 1914 MILWAUKEE.
    EMAIL ME TO RESERVE YOURS oldmill@kingston.net thanks, Barry
    [img]P1200572[/img]

[img]P1200573[/img]

[img]P1200574[/img]
    Last edited by Barry Brown; 10-12-2010, 08:05 AM.

Cool stuff Barry,
    You gotta come out West and visit the SFMC, where we have a bunch of 4 footers. We just re-inacted one from a 1914 outing on Pismo Beach with the Pismo Club (who are still in existance also). We had 1000 people on the beach for another 4 footer, just a few weeks ago!!!!!!!!!! I think we may even have a 6 footer. I'll have to measure it on Thursday, as we hold meetings open to the public every Thursday.
    We gotta real live V-Twin Curtiss in captivity also. Hell, I'll even buy you a drink!
    Yers, RF.

Comment

sounds great Fred. Maybe I'll ride my 27 Hen out there in next years Cannonball

Comment

why wait until then? You could ride it out now, and fly home. I'll tend to it here for ya, and you'll always have a bike on the left Coast! Frees up some storage on your end too! Honest! Think about it. It's what I do. Saves a lot of time in your travels also. We call it the fly & ride program.
        Then you could see all the neat stuff we have in the SFMC clubhouse, not to mention all the wierdos that end up in SF here (from all parts East of us).
        RF.

Comment

that is a great idea Fred. The only stumbling block is that I have been waiting a few years now for the Hen mains to be line bored. maybe another bike would be better. what is the "ideal California bike" ?
          if there is such a thing. the vision that always springs to my brain is that twisty highway along the coast, maybe one of my cammy Nortons would be a good candidate, do you allow Limeys on the Indian reservation?

Comment

barry what is the bike with sideways crank case in the photo above?
            rob ronky #10507
            www.diamondhorsevalley.com

Comment

the picture shows both professional and the amateurs. I believe the bike you are referring to next to the Cyclone is a two stroke Cleveland but I could be wrong as the lettering is illegible. There are 2 of these shown in between the two stroke Indians and Excelsiors.

Comment

Its a Cleveland indeed, tough I wonder whatever a guy trying to compete in racing with a Cleveland was up to? I know them as some really slow little machines with some odd engineering inside the engine to get the power from the cranck to the gearbox. As Cleveland started with motorbikes in 1915 I would rather think the photo is from 16 or 17?

Sverre
                AMcN
                http://AmericanMotorcyclesNorway.blogspot.com
                And then there is the idea that we are here on earth to get a certain amount of things done before we die.
                This is a great theory.
                If it is true, I am so far behind that I will never die...

AMCA-3489

Comment

Being as you have no commas and decimal points in your price, is it a great price of $15.00, a fair price of $150.00 or a ripoff of $1,500.00?
                  Be sure to visit;
                  http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
                  Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
                  Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

Thanks Chris, I thought I was the only one.....
                    47 WL
                    51 Ls Sidecar
                    03 FLHT
                    http://www.gouldingsidecars.com

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Haynes View Post
                      Being as you have no commas and decimal points in your price, is it a great price of $15.00, a fair price of $150.00 or a ripoff of $1,500.00?
                      Chris, Thanks for your astute commentary. You must have gone to grammar school. Since you appear to be impecunious I'll let you have one for $1,499.00 The way the US dollar is going I may have to change the asking price to yuan. By the way , Walmart does not sell these.

Comment

What actually is "SPECIAL GERMAN PHOTOGRAPHIC PAPER " as opposed to Kodak Special Photographic Paper ?

Comment

"Impecunious"? Now THAT is a 1500 dollar word if I ever saw one.......
                          47 WL
                          51 Ls Sidecar
                          03 FLHT
                          http://www.gouldingsidecars.com

Comment

killer photo!!!!!!!

Comment

I had what is probably the best photographic house in Canada do these prints. The guy told me he can only get the top quality paper from Germany . He has an amazing setup and I was duly impressed so I entrusted the job to him. The results are impressive.
                              I know it probably seems outrageous but I have sold 2 already at that price and the last time I checked we were still in a capitalist system. I have plenty of other yardlongs I would be happy to copy and sell for considerably less but none of them hold a candle to this one. If you are a student of motorcycling history ( I thought we all were here) show me another more interesting race photo with such clarity and intrigue and details never before seen. I showed this to Dan Statnekov and he was blown away.
                              For those of you who are flummoxed by big words like Mr Big ( great name, easy to spell) I first encountered the word impecunious in a famous motorcycling history book written by a famous Californian motorcycling history authority . He would have loved this yardlong but he is sadly not with us anymore.

Comment

Working...
                              X