1914 racing yardlong limited copies now available

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • rwm
    replied
    basiclly any photo before 1923 maybe copied.here is a link to public domain laws

    now maybe chris should get some high grade german papper and make copies of tanks. when the iphone first came out photos of it sold on ebay for $300.people never read the listing and bought the photo thinking it was the phone.now thats funny

    Leave a comment:


  • Chris Haynes
    replied
    Originally posted by silentgreyfello View Post
    Rob, are photos considered art, when it comes to copyright law? I know there is a whole cottage industry on ebay where folks are selling copies of pictures, and lots of them are from the 1950's. I would think that if you own the original, and the artist is dead, why not?
    H-D thinks they own the rights to anything they ever owned. Publised or not.

    Leave a comment:


  • Chris Haynes
    replied
    [QUOTE=indianut;103315]Chris you once again are showing what a Jackass you are. I have seen parts you put on ebay with RIDICULOUS prices, such as tanks, etc. that you probably did not pay much at all for.

    I sold some tanks on eBay a couple years ago. I listed them low and bidders bid them up to the selling price, which I felt was a more than fair price. I don't know what crystal ball you use to determine what I paid for something.
    Last edited by Chris Haynes; 11-12-2010, 05:01 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • silentgreyfello
    replied
    Rob, are photos considered art, when it comes to copyright law? I know there is a whole cottage industry on ebay where folks are selling copies of pictures, and lots of them are from the 1950's. I would think that if you own the original, and the artist is dead, why not?

    Leave a comment:


  • rwm
    replied
    Originally posted by rwm View Post
    you can't copy somebody's artwork and sell it.
    looks like you can copy and sell this one. things published before 1923 are in the public domain

    Leave a comment:


  • rwm
    replied
    you can't copy somebody's artwork and sell it.

    Leave a comment:


  • silentgreyfello
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr. Big View Post
    Man, all you guys on the Barry bandwagon need to get a grip. This isn't, at least in my opinion, about Barry making too much money. It's about his decison to make this available only to the "elite". Limited edition, signed by Barry?
    why such a socialistic attitude? Can't he sell it to whoever he wants, for whatever he can get? So are you going to set the price for him? Can I come to your garage and put price tags on your stuff? Heck no! You would want to get as much as possible for whatever you sell, so why would you hold Barry to a different standard? The whole problem with yours and Chris's argument is that you think there is a sense of entitlement, that the "common man" should be able to afford these. That is absurd. One person, and one person only, should set the price... Barry. If nobody buys it, then that is his problem, not mine or yours.

    I am not on Barry's bandwagon... I am just not on the socialist and communist argument that you can set a price of somebody else's goods.

    Leave a comment:


  • hd44knuck
    replied
    I am starting to think that the space ship did not come from PLUTO but rather from URANUS

    Leave a comment:


  • Mr. Big
    replied
    Man, all you guys on the Barry bandwagon need to get a grip. This isn't, at least in my opinion, about Barry making too much money. It's about his decison to make this available only to the "elite". Limited edition, signed by Barry?, German gold inlaid paper, bla, bla, bla. Instead of catering to the check writers, he could easily make them available to all in a nice frame for 3 - 400 bucks. Stick'em on ePay and presto, he could easily make two to three times as much as he could with his limited edition nonsense. Sharing such a wonderful piece with the vintage motorcyling community would be a great thing and he would still make a Pelosi load of coin. I would be first in line to buy one. So no my friends, this has nothing to do with money and is all about ego. And Barry, if you are not signing these things, please pray tell, who is?

    Leave a comment:


  • Barry Brown
    Guest replied
    GERMAN PAPER !! HAHNEMUHLE , FINE ART BARYTA , NOT AVAILABLE AT KINKO !

    I'll see if I can post a link or maybe Cory can as he is better at that.


    About Us
    Products
    News
    Creative & Informative
    Trade Fairs
    Contact
    HomeSitemapPrivacyImprint
    Traditional FineArt
    Digital FineArt
    Digital FineArt Collection
    Matt FineArt
    Glossy FineArt
    Canvas FineArt
    HARMAN by Hahnemühle
    InkJet Photo Albums
    Gallerie Wraps
    HP Co-Branding
    Certificate of Authenticity
    ICC Profiles
    Longevity
    Filtration/Technical Applications
    FineArt Baryta
    325 gsm · 100% α-Cellulose · bright white · high-gloss

    FineArt Baryta is a paper that sets the benchmark for high colour depth, large colour gamut and image definition. This paper gives the "wow" factor particularly to black and white prints with an extremely high dmax and the finest grey tones. Using barium sulphate in the premium inkjet coating ensures the typical gloss that makes this paper a genuine replacement for traditional Baryta papers from analogue laboratories.


    Data Sheet, PDF

    FineArt Pearl, 285 gsm
    Photo Rag® Satin, 310 gsm
    Photo Rag® Baryta, 315 gsm
    Photo Rag® Pearl, 320 gsm
    FineArt Baryta, 325 gsm
    Baryta FB, 350 gsm
    Certificate of Authenticity
    Hahnemühle Protective Spray
    Rate product
    View product ratings
    Average:
    type reference
    Package, 10 sheets: 10 640 369 DIN A4 10 sheets
    Package, 25 sheets: 10 641 671 DIN A4 25 sheets
    10 641 670 DIN A3 25 sheets
    10 641 669 DIN A3+ 25 sheets
    10 641 668 DIN A2 25 sheets
    Rolls: 10 643 476 3"core 17"Roll x 12m
    10 643 475 3"core 24"Roll x 12m
    10 643 474 3"core 36"Roll x 12m
    10 643 473 3"core 44"Roll x 12m
    10 643 472 3"core 60"Roll x 12m
    10 643 477 3"core 64"Roll x 12m
    Rev. 12.633 (10/11/2010)

    Leave a comment:


  • Ohio-Rider
    replied
    I agree with that, Eric. Boy oh boy, and winter has barely started. This place could turn into a punch palace by spring.

    Leave a comment:


  • exeric
    replied
    I'm stunned that this thread keeps going on and on. It's like many of you just stepped off a space ship from Pluto. Here in America, you can sell anything you own, and ask any amount of money. In turn; you can buy anything you want if you've got the wampum. I've read through this thread more than once and I can't see anything controversial about Barry's initial post. It may be in the wrong catagory but that's a petty complaint, considering some of the nonsense you see in Parking Lot Chatter.

    Leave a comment:


  • indianut
    replied
    Originally posted by Chris Haynes View Post
    I work 50-90 hours a week. Am I not working my ass off? I have been working my job for 46 years. Am I jealous that someone will pay a highly inflated $1,500.00 price for a photo that would cost less than 50 bucks to make? No. I am pissed off at PROFITERS that buy something then resell it, or a copy of it, at exorbitantly high prices. That is gouging. Practices like this are what drives the cost of out hobby out of the reach of people who work their butts off at low paying jobs. I am sure we all know a young man with a wife and baby who would love to own an old bike. But 15-30 grand isn't in their bank account. Some peoples attitude is, Oh well. Who gives a **** about them. Let them collect bottle caps. I have mine and thats all I care about.
    Chris you once again are showing what a Jackass you are. I have seen parts you put on ebay with RIDICULOUS prices, such as tanks, etc. that you probably did not pay much at all for. How much would you sell one of your Supposed Bikes that you purchased years ago for 3-700 for? If I buy something for $1.00 and market it for $1,000 that is only the business of me and whoever thinks it is something they want to have. I would like to have an Open Cockpit Vintage Airplane, but i can't afford one. Oh, well that is the way the world works. Why don't you sell me an old set of Panhead tanks for $75.00? Heck ,that's probably all you paid for them. You are just one of those clowns who thinks he has it all, until someone else has something you don't have then you start picking on them. As far as I am concerned you are just a Wanna be Sidewalk Commando. And a PROFITEER, by the way Mr. Spell Check, the word is PROFITEER, just like you are calling everyone else who has the gall to sell a vintage motorcycle part for alot more than he paid for it!
    Last edited by indianut; 11-11-2010, 09:45 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • Mr. Big
    replied
    Barry, I'm still curious as to who signs these photographs?

    Leave a comment:


  • Chris Haynes
    replied
    Originally posted by OZ View Post
    Why are you guy's Bashing Chris, & why would anyone care how much money he makes & what he decides to do with it ???
    Barry asked what the members opinions were on his overpriced Photo copies that's why it was posted here & not For sale. If you don't like a persons opine that's cool , but do you really need to attack someone because they honestly state how they feel after being asked ???
    Also who cares how many post a person makes Just because a person dosen't open his mouth don't mean he ain't got something to say.
    Have a Nice Day & keep the rubber side down !!!
    Don't worry about anything AKA Hawg says. For some reason he has made his lifes ambition to try to belittle me. I must have pissed in his canteen at one time and he can't get over it.

    Leave a comment:

Working...