1914 racing yardlong limited copies now available

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Chris Haynes
    replied
    Originally posted by silentgreyfello View Post
    If you work an avg of 70 hours per week, and make $30 per hour in LA, then with overtime, you are making $2500+ per week, $130K per year. How come you don't have the money to finish your supposed 36 knuck? And if you work that hard, and blog this much, (2800 posts this site, 5400 on CAIMG for starters) just WHEN do you sleep? Unless you are blogging at work, then you wouldn't be working vey hard, would you? Guys have been buying/selling for profit forever, and you have too, so get over it. Until OneBigAssMistakeAmerica changes us to a socialistic state, it is legal to profit. Have you ever sold something for more than what you paid, Chris? Of course you have. BTW, if you aren't making $30 per hour in LA, you are really lazy, or never armed yourself with any skills to speak of.
    On the job I am working at this time I am working 60 hour weeks. I earn $30.13 and hour. After deductions I take home $1,207.17 a week. My mortgage is $2,950.00 a month. Utilities, phone, INTERNET, ETC is another $500.00 a month. Add Gas, food, clothes, union dues, and and bunch of other crap and there isn't much left. Also the doctor bills for my Ole Lady's cancer surgery, medications, chemotherapy, ETC. are another big expense. Also on this job I work two weeks on and one week off. I have periods of unemployment during the year due to the nature of the business. I wish I made $130,000.00 but that is a long way from my actual earnings.
    As for THEONEBIGASSMISTAKE he is already in office.

    Leave a comment:


  • 45OZ
    replied
    Why are you guy's Bashing Chris, & why would anyone care how much money he makes & what he decides to do with it ???
    Barry asked what the members opinions were on his overpriced Photo copies that's why it was posted here & not For sale. If you don't like a persons opion that's cool , but do you really need to attack someone because they honestly state how they feel after being asked ???
    Also who cares how many post a person makes Just because a person dosen't open his mouth don't mean he ain't got something to say.
    Have a Nice Day & keep the rubber side down !!!

    Leave a comment:


  • aka HAWG
    replied
    silentgreyfello - if you have time go back and read chris's posts, most of them are a complete waste of form space as it seems he is posting just to see himself post. but yes some are of importance ie factory photo's he post

    point in case I posted looking for topper parts and his reply was to use golf cart parts (- in his mind as long as not in judging wrong parts are ok). at no time did I ask if golf cart parts were acceptable or useable - irrelevant information

    aka HAWG

    Leave a comment:


  • Barry Brown
    Guest replied
    HA HA ! Great comment , my thoughts exactly!

    Leave a comment:


  • silentgreyfello
    replied
    Originally posted by Chris Haynes View Post
    I work 50-90 hours a week. Am I not working my ass off? I have been working my job for 46 years. Am I jealous that someone will pay a highly inflated $1,500.00 price for a photo that would cost less than 50 bucks to make? No. I am pissed off at PROFITERS that buy something then resell it, or a copy of it, at exorbitantly high prices. That is gouging. Practices like this are what drives the cost of out hobby out of the reach of people who work their butts off at low paying jobs.
    If you work an avg of 70 hours per week, and make $30 per hour in LA, then with overtime, you are making $2500+ per week, $130K per year. How come you don't have the money to finish your supposed 36 knuck? And if you work that hard, and blog this much, (2800 posts this site, 5400 on CAIMG for starters) just WHEN do you sleep? Unless you are blogging at work, then you wouldn't be working vey hard, would you? Guys have been buying/selling for profit forever, and you have too, so get over it. Until OneBigAssMistakeAmerica changes us to a socialistic state, it is legal to profit. Have you ever sold something for more than what you paid, Chris? Of course you have. BTW, if you aren't making $30 per hour in LA, you are really lazy, or never armed yourself with any skills to speak of.

    Leave a comment:


  • 45OZ
    replied
    Originally posted by silentgreyfello View Post
    You socialist bastards. If you don't like his price, don't buy it! Who gives you the authority to dictate what someone can sell something for? What I see this coming down to is some poor MF'ers that don't have the ambition to go out and work their a$$es off, and are now jealous that they can't buy one, or that someone is going to PROFIT. I don't give a rat's a$$ what someone paid for a motorcycle or a part when they go to sell it; I will pay what it is worth to me. Free market will dictate whether it sells.

    We all make choices in life, some good, some bad. I think the whiners here have made bad economic choices in their life, and want everything handed to them, as they moan in their own pitty. If I owned that yardlong, I would be so greedy, I wouldn't make copies at all... so, thank you Barry for offering them up! That is the coolest yardlong ever, and I have seen a lot of them. In fact, I saw one at Davenport two years ago change hands for $20G. I would rather have a copy of Barry's than that particular photo, and save $18,500. Have a good evening.
    I have been reading this thread for some time now & I believe that Barry gave EVERYONE who is a member on this forum the " authority to dictate what someone can sell something for " When he decided to list this thread in "PARKING LOT CHATTER " instead of "FOR SALE" All Barry is doing is seeing what others think about his pricing & selling of a phot copy of a picture. If he truley felt that his price was fair & justified foir a photo copy picture he would have listed it in the "FOR SALE " section & noone would have the authority to dictate their opinion on what someone can sell something for, but since Barry has chosen to Solicit the opions of members this is what he has requested, by posting in this section of the forum that's all.
    Oz

    Leave a comment:


  • Chris Haynes
    replied
    Originally posted by Barry Brown View Post
    Hmmmm.... is there money to be made in bottle caps?
    Only if they are German.

    Leave a comment:


  • T. Cotten
    replied
    Originally posted by Barry Brown View Post
    Hmmmm.... is there money to be made in bottle caps?
    It better become a glory market soon, because I've got a serious coffee can full of 'church keys' to cash in.

    Wanna see my Schlitz?

    ....Cotten

    Leave a comment:


  • Barry Brown
    Guest replied
    Hmmmm.... is there money to be made in bottle caps?

    Leave a comment:


  • Chris Haynes
    replied
    Originally posted by silentgreyfello View Post
    You socialist bastards. If you don't like his price, don't buy it! Who gives you the authority to dictate what someone can sell something for? What I see this coming down to is some poor MF'ers that don't have the ambition to go out and work their a$$es off, and are now jealous that they can't buy one, or that someone is going to PROFIT. I don't give a rat's a$$ what someone paid for a motorcycle or a part when they go to sell it; I will pay what it is worth to me. Free market will dictate whether it sells.

    We all make choices in life, some good, some bad. I think the whiners here have made bad economic choices in their life, and want everything handed to them, as they moan in their own pitty. If I owned that yardlong, I would be so greedy, I wouldn't make copies at all... so, thank you Barry for offering them up! That is the coolest yardlong ever, and I have seen a lot of them. In fact, I saw one at Davenport two years ago change hands for $20G. I would rather have a copy of Barry's than that particular photo, and save $18,500. Have a good evening.
    I work 50-90 hours a week. Am I not working my ass off? I have been working my job for 46 years. Am I jealous that someone will pay a highly inflated $1,500.00 price for a photo that would cost less than 50 bucks to make? No. I am pissed off at PROFITERS that buy something then resell it, or a copy of it, at exorbitantly high prices. That is gouging. Practices like this are what drives the cost of out hobby out of the reach of people who work their butts off at low paying jobs. I am sure we all know a young man with a wife and baby who would love to own an old bike. But 15-30 grand isn't in their bank account. Some peoples attitude is, Oh well. Who gives a **** about them. Let them collect bottle caps. I have mine and thats all I care about.

    Leave a comment:


  • silentgreyfello
    replied
    Originally posted by Rub View Post
    Seems to be a little schizophrenia at work here!
    Robbie
    LOL! Yeah, I knew right after I posted about the overpriced seat that it goes against my capitalistic ideals. I guess I was secretly wishing that it was only $300 so that I could buy it. Call me a hypocrite, I deserve it!

    Leave a comment:


  • Rubone
    replied
    Default World's highest priced seat!

    The guy was offended when I told him he was crazy. Maybe I am behind the times on this one, but I bought one identical at Davenport for $300. I know one can ask whatever you want, but $3900? Maybe he meant Yen.
    You socialist bastards. If you don't like his price, don't buy it! Who gives you the authority to dictate what someone can sell something for? What I see this coming down to is some poor MF'ers that don't have the ambition to go out and work their a$$es off, and are now jealous that they can't buy one, or that someone is going to PROFIT. I don't give a rat's a$$ what someone paid for a motorcycle or a part when they go to sell it; I will pay what it is worth to me. Free market will dictate whether it sells.

    We all make choices in life, some good, some bad. I think the whiners here have made bad economic choices in their life, and want everything handed to them, as they moan in their own pitty. If I owned that yardlong, I would be so greedy, I wouldn't make copies at all... so, thank you Barry for offering them up! That is the coolest yardlong ever, and I have seen a lot of them. In fact, I saw one at Davenport two years ago change hands for $20G. I would rather have a copy of Barry's than that particular photo, and save $18,500. Have a good evening.
    Seems to be a little schizophrenia at work here!
    Robbie
    Last edited by Rubone; 11-08-2010, 10:15 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • silentgreyfello
    replied
    You socialist bastards. If you don't like his price, don't buy it! Who gives you the authority to dictate what someone can sell something for? What I see this coming down to is some poor MF'ers that don't have the ambition to go out and work their a$$es off, and are now jealous that they can't buy one, or that someone is going to PROFIT. I don't give a rat's a$$ what someone paid for a motorcycle or a part when they go to sell it; I will pay what it is worth to me. Free market will dictate whether it sells.

    We all make choices in life, some good, some bad. I think the whiners here have made bad economic choices in their life, and want everything handed to them, as they moan in their own pitty. If I owned that yardlong, I would be so greedy, I wouldn't make copies at all... so, thank you Barry for offering them up! That is the coolest yardlong ever, and I have seen a lot of them. In fact, I saw one at Davenport two years ago change hands for $20G. I would rather have a copy of Barry's than that particular photo, and save $18,500. Have a good evening.

    Leave a comment:


  • Chris Haynes
    replied
    Originally posted by Barry Brown View Post
    you have finally said something that makes sense! you hit on the difference between a professional copy and a run of the mill one. that combined with the original quality and subject matter
    and consultation with others in the business and potential buyers were what lead me to my price. the first 2 buyers are very happy with their copies and neither of them are fools
    IF I sell all 10 my profit will be substantially less than your math would imply. if you read back through the thread you will see that I purchased this from my friend only recently and believe me
    he does not need any money and did not want to let it go. my after tax profit ( Canadian taxes !) will be about $5500 IF I sell all 10 which is doubtful but I don't really care as part of the objective was to maintain
    a degree of exclusivity unlike J&P 's or Walneck's prints. If someone can't afford it well that's tough . c'est la vie.
    I am sorry to once again disagree with you Barry. It costs no more to make an excellent copy than a lousy copy. I have had many copy negs made of my 8 x 10 factory photos. About $30.00 for an 8 x 10 negative and $12.00 each for 8 X 10 contact prints. The negatives are big and the print is the same size as the negative so there is distortion or grain in it. The yard long you pictured was done poorly and the customer who had them done accepted them and passed them on to the public. I bought one even though the quality was mediocre. I have sent many prints back to the lab to have them print them correctly. They have no reservations about doing it right. I would like to see you make high quality prints and sell them at a price that most could afford. Instead of being greedy and asking $1,500.00 for 10 copies if you sold 150 of them for $100.00 each you would still have your $15,000.00 and 150 collectors would have a nice piece of wall art.
    Your statement "If someone can't afford it well that's tough . c'est la vie." shows your attitude toward your fellow collectors and that is indeed a sad thing.

    Leave a comment:


  • exeric
    replied
    It's not the discussion that's pointless, it's the initial attack that was pointless and mean. Also, you will see who threw out the first invective and did not retract. Look; if you don't like the price of something, just grunt, or nod, and move on. That's just civilized behavior in the business world. However, if the guy has a gun to your head and demands a high price; you have a valid point.

    Leave a comment:

Working...