No announcement yet.

AMCA Verification of Member Data??????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mine hit the shredder at work first thing yesterday morning.
    AMCA # 3233

Comment

I was hoping the plug would have been pulled on this project after the initial round of complaints. With my previous experience noted earlier, I saw no good that would come of it. We on the forum are a small fraction of the membership. There surely is other member dissatisfaction being brought forward. I appreciate the Board's efforts and all the good work they do and am sure they had good intentions here but made a mistake on this - Humans aren't perfect. The key now is acceptance of that error and swift corrective action.
      Jason Zerbini
      Near Pittsburgh PA (Farm Country)
      Allegheny Mountain Chapter http://amcaamc.com/

Comment

I agree with all of the negative comments posted on this and wonder why it hasn't been stopped too!! This is not the kind of roster I wanted or expected. My guess is that it is a contract thing and once they signed they felt they were stuck. Contracts can always be gotten out of it is just at what cost! Like I said I will be bringing this up along with a couple of other issues at the Wauseon Presidents meeting.

Tom (Rollo) Hardy
        AMCA #12766

Comment

If I want something I'll ask for it and if I don't want to play along I won't.

Comment

I called in trying to give my info but they kept putting me off trying to sell me the roster and other crap, finally hung up as they were only trying to make money, not get the info straight
            Tim

Comment

Same thing here, when I said I wouldn't buy the book he hung up! They obviously already have your info.

Comment

Got my third notice today even after I updated my info with them on the first go around. Why is the club wasting money sending this crap out even after they have our updated information? What a waste of time and money!
                20scout

Comment

I just got electronic notice to call the 877 number to update. I'm taking it's not mandatory to call this number in order to renew membership for 2018......?
                  Steve Swan

27JD 11090 Restored
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClUPIOo7-o8
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtuptEAlU30

27JD 13514 aka "Frank"
                  https://forum.antiquemotorcycle.org/...n-Project-SWAN
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNRB...nnel=steveswan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSDeuTqD9Ks
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwlIsZKmsTY

Comment

Originally posted by 20scout View Post
                    Got my third notice today even after I updated my info with them on the first go around. Why is the club wasting money sending this crap out even after they have our updated information? What a waste of time and money!
                    I think the incentive is the Amca could make some money with no real effort on their part.If the objective was an updated roster better ways have been suggested.
                    Tom

Comment

Steve B
                      4 months ago
                      Do not do business with this Company, it is at best, a scam. They do not answers phone inquiries or emails. Customer service is non-existent. I ordered something 9 months ago, have not received it but they have my money.

Just one of many negative reviews-the employees give themselves 5 stars!

I don't think I want PCI to have my information.

Rich Inmate #7084

Comment

I keep getting cards, they keep going in the trash.
                        (sigh)
                        If "updating information" is mandatory for renewal, the club will lose at least one member- me.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Swan View Post
                          I just got electronic notice to call the 877 number to update. I'm taking it's not mandatory to call this number in order to renew membership for 2018......?
                          Being a Canadian AMCA member, I did not receive any mailed card. But to-day I received an E-mail asking me to telephone a toll-free number - apparently in Texas - to discuss my membership information.?
                          As the AMCA has my correct address information from when I last renewed membership in January, no more discussion is needed and I simply hit the "unsubscribe" button on their Email.
                          Hopefully that ends any further involvement with this company.

Now back to the garage to work on the old bikes.

AFJ
                          AMCA member since 1978.
                          Last edited by AFJ; 07-06-2017, 04:50 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

I've been out of commission for a while, but just caught up on it best as I could.
                            The retro-grade roster that was fine yesterday would be good today and for tomorrow. But know that the young are going to expect online information that they can access on their smart phones.
                            Gene, my collection of mags is only since '90, half at home, half in the office. It's a lot of space, and a lot of weight (cd's would fit a smaller space), but it's golden when you find something special from Doug Strange's Topic Index. I've been wishing that our Library could assist in tasks like this, as our Topic Index is long overdue for an update.
                            Seems the Foundation has adopted the Library into its (stumped for the word... help!). That is encouraging, I think. .. Wonder how many Foundation members have filled out their card, and have ordered their new rosters. ... just curious.
                            One more thought: 10,000 members x $100 each = 1 mil .... Have to wonder if there's already a sizable investment in that yellow card, and a critical need to break as even as possible.

Comment

I do what I am told so I called the number. The woman was very nice but was obviously reading from a script. All she wanted to do is sell something. Wasted my time. I ended up hanging up. As Popeye would have said." I am very diskapointed"

Comment

Or...as Terence Aloysius "Slip" Mahoney would have said---"SHUDDUP"!!! *M.A.D.*

Comment

Working...
                                X