Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hollywood View Post
    ... catch you on the next topic...
    Getting Youngsters involved would be a good one.

....Cotten
    AMCA #776
    Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

• I have also been a member of the Vintage BMW club for many years and never seen anything like this from them. But I have been offered similar overpriced products on the names and whereabouts of everyone who went to my high school for the 50 years or different variations of it.
      Jim D

Comment

• Yellow Card #5 received Monday, lost count of the emails.
        Rich Inmate #7084

Comment

• Originally posted by frichie68 View Post
          Yellow Card #5 received Monday, lost count of the emails.
          To stop the Emails click on the place which says you don't want to receive any further Emails from them. It worked for me after doing that on the first Email they sent to me. Never did get any post cards - probably they did not put the correct postage on it for the "Great White North".
          AFJ

Comment

• I called on the phone and told them I wasn't interested and haven't received anything since.
            Be sure to visit;
            http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
            Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
            Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

Yellow Card #5 received Monday, lost count of the emails.
              I just got card #5, also.
              They keep sending, I keep shredding.
              I might have to do like Chris, call them and put an end to it.

Comment

• Received my 6th one today. I'm curious on how long it's going to continue and how much $$$ they're willing to spend to keep it up. Hopefully not on my membership due's. Imo, I think it's comical in that they must think the AMCA is a cash cow in looking to make bank on this endeavor and of course, persistence is everything. I'm waiting for my 7th.
                And who in the hell authorized these shenanigans? The national board?
                AMCA #765

Comment

• Would someone on the Board please put a stop to this nonsense?
                  VPH-D

Comment

• Now I'm really ticked about this, some members are getting more Yellow Cards than others! How does Len Dowe rate 6 Yellow Cards when I only received 5??? Discrimination, that's what it is!
                    Rich Inmate #7084

Comment

• You think your ticked now,wait until they become collectible.
                      Tom

Comment

Now I'm really ticked about this, some members are getting more Yellow Cards than others! How does Len Dowe rate 6 Yellow Cards when I only received 5??? Discrimination, that's what it is!
                        I must REALLY not rate. I have received not a one. Maybe shoulda not mentioned that. Now they may show up non-stop.....
                        D. A. Bagin #3166 AKA Panheadzz 440 48chief W/sidecar 57fl 57flh 58fl 66m-50 68flh 70xlh

Comment

• I thought that after 5 cards that I got in the mail plus all the emails, I would give it a shot and call them. OK... they ask your name, how many years you've been riding motorcycles, and then basically confirm your email, and home address. After that the guy had asked me about an offer for sweatshirt, mug, t-shirt and a few other things, and gave me a price (yes it was expensive). Being polite, I said no thanks; Then he asked if I wanted to purchase just the Membership book, and again I said no thanks, and that was it. He said "Have a nice day" and I told him the same thing and we hung up. This was a very easy thing to do. His name was either Darren, or Darrel and very pleasant and professional. So... it was no big deal "FOR ME" to make that call. On the UPSIDE, I won't get any more cards, or emails! HAHA!! I just thought I would mention this after all the stuff I have read here.

Of course... your experience may differ!
                          Last edited by Jim; 09-01-2017, 08:05 AM.
                          Jim

AMCA #6520

Comment

• Ok so just got email requesting me to call for member verification. I may give up and call but I got to head out on a job so I will probably forget. Will it ever stop? It may be wearing me down.

Comment

• Originally posted by Inchief View Post
                              Ok so just got email requesting me to call for member verification. I may give up and call but I got to head out on a job so I will probably forget. Will it ever stop? It may be wearing me down.
                              Battle of the wills. Who will give up first?
                              I feel just like you- if I just make the call and answer 'No' three times, it will probably be all over.
                              But that's not the point, is it...? Does the point even matter any more....
                              (sigh)

Comment

• Yellow Card Number 6 received yesterday, well on my way to a full set-however many that might be......
                                Rich Inmate #7084

Comment

Working...
                                X