No announcement yet.

AMCA Verification of Member Data??????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Probably because of the concern, in this day and age, over the possible illegal use of the information by unlawful people.,..........more like nobody wants their address & what they own in a book or online or whatever..too many thieves & beggars..I told them I have over 400 bikes,bragging rights you know,....the lady wanted to meet me ! She would be sorely disappointed ! I never got to the part where you could buy this gold plated book,I had already told them where to go.

Comment

Originally posted by RichO View Post
      ... If you joined in the late 70's you had to be below #2000. Hope that helps.
      Golly Rich,

One of my buddies joined in the '90s, and got #187.
      Must have been because the club used his image, and his lovely wife's!

....Cotten
      Attached Files
      Last edited by T. Cotten; 06-09-2017, 10:01 AM.
      AMCA #776
      Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

At one point they decided to use old numbers not being used.I'm 1544,many asked me how old I was when I started ! Joined in '94 after many years as spectator at Davenport

Comment

Originally posted by duffeycycles View Post
          ...I'm 1544,many asked me how old I was when I started ! ...
          Uh oh.

I need a new number.

....Cotten
          AMCA #776

Comment

I too joined the same yr.as Duffy and got # 2472

Comment

I threw that stink'n card away

Comment

A few years back some of the elite officers of club managed to get expired low numbers assigned to them. Mine is original.

Comment

Kunzog!

My buddy wasn't an officer.

...Cotten
                  PS: And I need three digits added to mine.
                  I ain't no geezer, I joined as a baby.... Couldn't even walk.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by T. Cotten; 06-10-2017, 01:34 PM.
                  AMCA #776

Comment

I joined sometime in the early 80's. Never really cared about my number.
                    Craig (Delaware)
                    Delaware Bay Chapter
                    Perkiomen Chapter
                    AMCA Member #1011

Comment

K...someone in charge needs to tell these folks to quit with the yellow cards. Got another one yesterday and it clearly states that "verification of member information is now due for all AMCA members". It further states in bold letters that the information is due within the next five days. I did not join the AMCA to be dogged by a telemarketer (for lack of a better term) trying to get me to spend money on somethinhg I have no interest in.

When I called I was told I would have to provide my personal ID# (on the card they sent me) to them in order to be removed from the mailing list. If I did not I would keep getting these cards. I bluntly informed the person that I would not provide any information and that future cards would be shredded.

You people running this project need to quit this crap.

Comment

Got my 2nd card yesterday, it joined the first card in the trash.
                        Rich Inmate #7084

Comment

I also got my second notice card today and I did call but rebuffed the woman on the other end trying to sell me the new book. I plan on bringing this up at the presidents meeting at Wauseon ...again. I would like to have roster like we used to with no extraneous information included. Just name, AMCA # and contact info. ,if the member wants to give it. If not so be it. If you expect privacy or anonymity in this day and age forget it. If someone knows your name and state they can find you and with Google earth and can see where you live. Even if you live way back of the beaten path
                          I don't like it but that is the facts. I want to go back to what we had as I think a lot of members do and if it costs a few bucks more or we have to order in advance so we don't over print then so be it. It needs to be paperback so you can take it with you.
                          JMHO
                          Tom (Rollo) Hardy
                          AMCA#12766

Comment

Originally posted by panz4ever View Post
                            K...someone in charge needs to tell these folks to quit with the yellow cards. Got another one yesterday and it clearly states that "verification of member information is now due for all AMCA members". It further states in bold letters that the information is due within the next five days. I did not join the AMCA to be dogged by a telemarketer (for lack of a better term) trying to get me to spend money on somethinhg I have no interest in.
                            I'll second that along with the emails telling me to do so.
                            Bob Rice #6738

Comment

Mine is in the trash also, I dont need my member data verified!

Comment

I'm beginning to question whether I even need the membership.

Comment

Working...
                                X