AMCA Verification of Member Data??????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kieth,

I just read your update about this topic on the AMCA home page. THANK YOU for the well written summary and clarification of events on this topic! I would encourage everyone to read this. Hindsight probably shows that this mule should have been in front of the cart! Thank you also for your efforts on this project and sorry you're getting beat up over it.

I was planning to call and update my info to the bare basics anyway and will still do so. I'm still not clear on the cost to purchase a simple directory, if available, or exactly what that will include. I'll work through that with the phone call.

Bottom line, all I need is a simple soft bound roster with names and contact info! I don't want a fancy directory like a school year book, but maybe I should get one and at swap meets I could lug it around and have all my buddies sign it, just like high school. Then I'd never look at it again and my kids can throw it away later!

Gene Harper

Comment

Folks,

I try to find an advantage to everything, if I can.
      Since I could only be listed as an individual, I uploaded a photo of my shop mascot, and entered my company name as the caption.

Since I have no interest in purchasing the roster, I consider it free exposure.
      (Not that I need it! But it lets folks know Liberty still exists...)

....Cotten
      AMCA #776
      Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

I just wonder why a simple roster like the previous ones couldn't have been offered like the annual calanders in the magazine for a nominal charge. If they were pre-ordered like the calenders the known amount to be printed would be known and cause the club no loss. Not brain surgery. The business doing this current program is like most modern businesses. Selling you something you didn't even know you even needed until they offered it to you.
        DrSprocket

Comment

I agree with Rich! If it ain't broke don't try to fix it! I got enough of that with my bikes! A simple roster like we used to do seems like what most folks want any way and if I have to pay in advance like I do for the calendar then so be it. Like I said in a previous post I have been on this topic for the last 3 years at several meets and road runs and this is what we get? I hope that going forward this same mistake is not made again. I know not everyone in the club uses this forum but I do think it accurately represents the sentiments of a large portion ( majority) of the club membership. So to Keith, Lonnie and the rest I say see the responses posted and please learn from this. If folks want the "yearbook" let them pay for it but for the rest of us that use this as a tool as intended by the warning that came with them about "appropriate method" of use lets get back to the simple roster format we had before. Respectfully!

Tom (Rollo) Hardy
          AMCA#12766

Comment

Yes, I was extremely disappointed after my call to the member verification hotline. I had no idea is was a sales pitch with people who know nothing about AMCA. I do like the rooster but for over $100, I told them they could keep it. Then they kept offering me easy payments instead if I like. This is one big boondoggle for AMCA.
            Craig (Delaware)
            Delaware Bay Chapter
            Perkiomen Chapter
            AMCA Member #1011

Comment

On another note, not to change the subject - I'll probably post a query as a new topic.

I love my AMCA magazines. I have lots of back issues. I wish there was a periodic update to a DVD edition so I wouldn't have to
              keep all of the paper copies. As far as I know there was only one set issued a good while back and it has never been updated.

Wondering if it was also a loss and had poor sales - but I would definitely buy a CD/DVD set of all back issues of AMCA magazine to date.

That would be something worth pairing with a stnadard/updated edition of the previous membership roster that gets appended yearly or periodically.

Just a thought.
              Ray
              AMCA #7140

Comment

Just a note, I am new to this club a was very disappointed in paying 15 bucks for a use less phone book. It did not give any information, but numbers I had no idea who to call, so I pitched it.
                I at least thought it should have been categorized under makes and models. Just my point of view.

Comment

Its a carved bone in the digital age.

Why not an on-line roster, that is voluntarily edit-able, and update-able?

I don't even have a cellphone, so I'm probably the prime customer demographic, but its obvious that any hardcopy publication better be a screaming work of art, at a tenth of the projected price..

Nobody will want to buy it, nor contribute, unless it caters to their vanity.

....Cotten
                  AMCA #776

Comment

Originally posted by ryan View Post
                    Just a note, I am new to this club a was very disappointed in paying 15 bucks for a use less phone book. It did not give any information, but numbers I had no idea who to call, so I pitched it.
                    I at least thought it should have been categorized under makes and models. Just my point of view.
                    The AMCA has not collected any information on member's makes and models of motorcycles that they own or are familiar with for many, many years. Probably because of the concern, in this day and age, over the possible illegal use of the information by unlawful people.
                    AFJ

Comment

Far above, you gotta be kidding, 115.00 for the directory, the last one was 8 dollars

Comment

Originally posted by 36 knuck man View Post
                        Far above, you gotta be kidding, 115.00 for the directory, the last one was 8 dollars
                        Thanks 36 Knuck man!

That reminds me why I didn't get 'the last one' either.

....Cotten
                        PS: Are any of the first rosters ""collectible"" yet??
                        Last edited by T. Cotten; 06-08-2017, 11:08 AM.
                        AMCA #776

Comment

Speaking of old rosters, does anyone have any from late '70's early '80's. I'd like to find my original membership number.
                          Be sure to visit;
                          http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
                          Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
                          Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

Chris I have a 1988 directory that has your # as 3674, I don't know if that is what your are looking for, thanks, Larry

Comment

That is my current number. I was a member in the late '70's and let my membership lapse. When I renewed they gave me a new number.
                              Be sure to visit;
                              http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
                              Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
                              Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

Chris, I checked my 1982 membership roster and you are not listed. Even if you were they don't list a members membership number just name and address. I joined in 1982 and my number was #2176. That changed though when I became a National board member. If you joined in the late 70's you had to be below #2000. Hope that helps.
                                DrSprocket

Comment

Working...
                                X