X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thus the term "mudgaurds"

Comment

• American Motorcycles Norway

You only need one horse power to get home when your engine fails.

Sverre
      http://AmericanMotorcyclesNorway.blogspot.com
      And then there is the idea that we are here on earth to get a certain amount of things done before we die.
      This is a great theory.
      If it is true, I am so far behind that I will never die...

AMCA-3489

Comment

• Comment

• Scott,

What track is that?
          David Morrill
          Sylacauga, AL. USA.
          AMCA #15284

Deadly Dave's Blog
          Sharing the Lost Stories of Early American Motorcycling.

http://dlmracing.blogspot.com/

1921 Harley-Davidson Model J Racer

It will break a hundred, if you drop it from a plane!

Comment

• small print reads Los Angeles Speedway in the lower right corner

Comment

• Thanks Scott, got to clean my glasses!
              David Morrill
              Sylacauga, AL. USA.
              AMCA #15284

Deadly Dave's Blog
              Sharing the Lost Stories of Early American Motorcycling.

http://dlmracing.blogspot.com/

1921 Harley-Davidson Model J Racer

It will break a hundred, if you drop it from a plane!

Comment

• 1902 Orient Pacer

Comment

• Well Scott.......... ain't that shot a dandy? Can you imagine the sweat those outfits could produce? A fella might smell like an old pair of work socks after a race!
                  Cory Othen
                  Membership#10953

Comment

• Racing outfit

Originally posted by c.o. View Post
                    Well Scott.......... ain't that shot a dandy? Can you imagine the sweat those outfits could produce? A fella might smell like an old pair of work socks after a race!
                    Actually those outfits are most likely made of unthreated whool from the sheep. I am not sure how to explain in correct english, but this whool is still containing the lanolin that is there when on the sheep and then the sweat is absorbed by the whool and voila you feel dry and there is no smell. As you see from the pic the outfits are knitted in such a way that there is lots of air in them, this improves the "non sweat" effect.
                    Those guys that went to the north pole and such in the early days by ski used the same thing (I would imagine skiing to the north pole produced some sweat too :-) ).

Regards
                    Sverre
                    http://AmericanMotorcyclesNorway.blogspot.com
                    And then there is the idea that we are here on earth to get a certain amount of things done before we die.
                    This is a great theory.

AMCA-3489

Comment

• That was a very sensible reply Sverre. I should have known better............
                      Cory Othen
                      Membership#10953

Comment

• Whool racing outfit

Cory,
                        I only know as I have a friend that worked in a very small museum factory with spinning sheep whool traditionaly on machines from late 1800`s. They made several products (like these outfits) that couldnt be made by modern production techniques and machinery. As both of us drive motorcycles in most any condition even at winter he got us one each simmilar to as shown in the picture (w long legs tough).
                        I tell you, you are never cold when you drive and if you have to push your bike you dont get sweaty hence you stay warm after pushing too.
                        But, one look rather crazy in the moment from when the whool suit is on to the motorcycle outfit cover it up for other to see :-)))
                        What I am trying to say is that I hardly think one would impress the ladies in such a whool suit (one even smell sheep).

Did you have any idea in what bike is pictured in post 933
                        Sverre
                        This is a great theory.

AMCA-3489

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott Parker View Post
                          I didn't know Frank Zappa's grandfather rode a pacer.
                          Eric Smith
                          AMCA #886

Comment

• “I didn't know Frank Zappa's grandfather rode a pacer”
                            Thanks Eric. After a day at the buildings department dealing with jack asses. You just made my day. I’m still laughing. Bob L
                            AMCA #3149
                            http://www.thegoodoldmotorcyclepartscompany.com

Comment

• Originally posted by sveger View Post
                              Cory,
                              I only know as I have a friend that worked in a very small museum factory with spinning sheep whool traditionaly on machines from late 1800`s. They made several products (like these outfits) that couldnt be made by modern production techniques and machinery. As both of us drive motorcycles in most any condition even at winter he got us one each simmilar to as shown in the picture (w long legs tough).
                              I tell you, you are never cold when you drive and if you have to push your bike you dont get sweaty hence you stay warm after pushing too.
                              But, one look rather crazy in the moment from when the whool suit is on to the motorcycle outfit cover it up for other to see :-)))
                              What I am trying to say is that I hardly think one would impress the ladies in such a whool suit (one even smell sheep).

Did you have any idea in what bike is pictured in post 933
                              Sverre
                              I can recall old time trappers telling tales of such wool undergear. They didn't worry much about impressing the ladies........

As for post 933....... ya got me stumped there. I have no idea what that machine is....
                              Cory Othen
                              Membership#10953

Comment

• Originally posted by exeric View Post
                                I didn't know Frank Zappa's grandfather rode a pacer.
                                I have to agree with Bob........ that right there is what I call funny!!
                                Cory Othen
                                Membership#10953

Comment

Working...
                                X