No announcement yet.

old photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No one can claim you didn't try Ken...

Cory Othen
    Membership#10953

Comment

• Thanks Cory , I have at long last managed to download large pics in 'practice posting' BUT most of my pics are in Picasa but do not know how to work that so have downloaded some to Photobucket and it works OK , so hopefully in the future I can put larger ones on here , trying again ?? hope it works , nice young ladies !!!!!
      Ken

Comment

• Ken, I wonder if you copied the URL instead of the Image Code? The girls photo stil looks like a thumbnail version.
        Pisten Bully is Harry Roberts in Vermont.

Comment

• a rare model.
          www.motorcyclecannonball.com

Comment

• Originally posted by jurassic View Post
            a rare model.
            A beautiful picture. Is that a 1912?
            Be sure to visit;
            http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
            Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
            Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

• Originally posted by pisten-bully View Post
              Ken, I wonder if you copied the URL instead of the Image Code? The girls photo stil looks like a thumbnail version.
              Hello Pisten Bulley , that is th actual size on my computer , a small pic , IF you'd like a larger one , I'll take one and post it , don't know why it's so small , I think it's an old one on my computer and I used to take them small size or had to resize smaller to send once but did get the hang of puttting larger pics on as practiced on 'Practice Posting' thread , Ken
              Ken

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris Haynes View Post
                A beautiful picture. Is that a 1912?
                Agreed...awesome photo!!! I'm gonna guess 1909.
                Cory Othen
                Membership#10953

Comment

• No its a 1911 but that is not what makes it rare. If you look close you will notice that most everything on the bike is a little different than a standard 1911. It's the 26 inch model. It has 26 inch wheels, and a thinner tank, bigger toolbox,etc. Most everything on the chassis is different.I think they were made for smaller riders.
                  Originally posted by c.o. View Post
                  Agreed...awesome photo!!! I'm gonna guess 1909.
                  www.motorcyclecannonball.com

Comment

• A few 1912 Henderson pictures, and an Indian from Motorcycle Illustrated of Aug. 8, 1912
                    Eric Smith
                    AMCA #886

Comment

• Welcome back Jurassic. I wonder if that 12 year old boy on the modified Indian knew he could get a Jr. sized H-D?
                      Eric Smith
                      AMCA #886

Comment

• On the other end of the spectrum; I wonder if H-D made a husky boy model?
                        Eric Smith
                        AMCA #886

Comment

• Talking of boy riders , remember these ?? Ken
                          Ken

Comment

• One for Indianut

Comment

• Originally posted by jurassic View Post
                              No its a 1911 but that is not what makes it rare. If you look close you will notice that most everything on the bike is a little different than a standard 1911. It's the 26 inch model. It has 26 inch wheels, and a thinner tank, bigger toolbox,etc. Most everything on the chassis is different.I think they were made for smaller riders.
                              Well.. that just goes to show that there's still some learnin' to do! Thanks for the lesson!

Originally posted by exeric View Post

On the other end of the spectrum; I wonder if H-D made a husky boy model?
                              That fella needs 32" wheels....

Originally posted by Ken Lee View Post
                              Talking of boy riders , remember these ?? Ken
                              Yup.... nowadays they'd call 'em Cannonball Kids!!!

Great 'Drome shot Duffey!!!
                              Cory Othen
                              Membership#10953

Comment

• Originally posted by exeric View Post

On the other end of the spectrum; I wonder if H-D made a husky boy model?

Charles Weatherhead, pictured in the photo above, was a rural carrier on RFD 7 in Elkhart, Indiana, noted for delivering his mail on his Harley-Davidson motorcycle. He was employed as a rural carrier from sometime between 1905-1910 to sometime prior to 1920 when he became a postal clerk. He was also an agent for the Harley-Davidson motorcycle in Elkhart, Indiana, circa 1910-1912. His WWI draft registration described him as medium height and "stout". He was the Indiana State High School Champion in the "Hammer Throw" (131 feet) for the 1903-1904 track season.

My "Harley-Davidson, Charles Weatherhead" sign dates from the 1910-1912 period. The sign measures 53" X 18".

Last edited by talbot-2; 12-31-2012, 08:16 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X