Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dont care- just curious what make this is

Comment

• The motor looks like the Thor, but the forks look like the R-S behind it.
      Eric Smith
      AMCA #886

Comment

• the sign looks to be handmade
        rob ronky #10507
        www.diamondhorsevalley.com

Comment

• Originally posted by exeric View Post

The motor looks like the Thor, but the forks look like the R-S behind it.
          it looks like a reading standard. maybe around 1910 i think that is when they had the carburetor forward. tank decal looks to be the shape of reading standard.
          rob ronky #10507
          www.diamondhorsevalley.com

Comment

• I thought Reading Standard because the front downtube is straight and the decal. But it looks like the tank at the front does not go as close to the neck as Readings that I have pics of

Comment

• Rob wins 1910

Comment

• 2 other Worlds Greatest Team postcards Ludlow[Yesterdays] and Weishaar[Vintage Mounts]-are any others known?

Comment

• www.motorcyclecannonball.com

Comment

• notice the fork is closer at the top,unlike the other pics,parallel.Is that just compression from 2 people?

Comment

• I found this photo many years ago, and still have not been able to find out any information on this bike or the company that may have built it. Is it a rebadged bike? Does it have any relation to the sewing machine company? In what city was is manufactured?
                      www.motorcyclecannonball.com

Comment

• That's a great photo Lonnie! I don't know if those machines are related to the one in this ad (different years or models ???) but I figured I'd post it. It's from the October 1913 issue of Motor Cycle Journal of Canada and Bicycle Review. I'm thinking that Tommo fella may have some insight.

Cory Othen
                        Membership#10953

Comment

• Hello Jurasic / c.o. , the Singer Motorcycle Company , started life in 1874 as a bicycle maker and started making Motorcycles (or three wheelers) in 1901 with this in the front wheel , also made solos as this pic . nothing to do with the sewing machine company ! Also see http://cybermotorcycle.com/gallery/singer/index.htm , click on the thumbnails to see larger pics , best wishes , Ken
                          Ken

Comment

• I am familiar with the british made Singer motorcycles. The Singers in the pic look American to me. Schebler carbs, and Corbin rear hubs, larger wheels. I have yet to find a British Singer that resembles these bikes. Also these bikes are called "The" Singer.
                            www.motorcyclecannonball.com

Comment

• You're quite right Jurassic , teach me to look properly !! yes , obviously American , also noticed the bike at the back looks as though it's had a head-on !! Be interesting to find out more , thanks for being more observant , Ken
                              Ken

Comment

• It looks like there's more digging to do. I guess we are in the same boat Ken. I didn't look all that closely either!!!
                                Cory Othen
                                Membership#10953

Comment

Working...
                                X