M74 carb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M74 carb

Hello everyone, I have never used the M74, and now I want to install one for my replica Panhead. Do you have any suggestions?Is the adjustment very complicated? What should we pay attention to?

Start with the service manual. No, it's not complicated, there are only 2 adjustments, the same 2 on every Linkert Model M since 1933.
    You want the latest one, M-74B (says so on top).
    Is the engine and exhaust stock?
    The Linkert Book

Comment

Linkerts tune easily, Freeman...

...When all things are in order.

Seventy year old carburetors suffer wear, which affects tuning.

Some wear is alleviated by simple hardware replacement, but thorough remedy is quite involved.

Have you obtained the carburetor and manifold?

....Cotten
      AMCA #776
      Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

Originally posted by kitabel View Post
        Start with the service manual. No, it's not complicated, there are only 2 adjustments, the same 2 on every Linkert Model M since 1933.
        Great. I've been looking for the manual. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by kitabel View Post
          The engine is a duplicate 74 cubic inch and the exhaust is the original.

Comment

Originally posted by T. Cotten View Post
            Linkerts tune easily, Freeman...

...When all things are in order.

Seventy year old carburetors suffer wear, which affects tuning.

Some wear is alleviated by simple hardware replacement, but thorough remedy is quite involved.

Have you obtained the carburetor and manifold?

....Cotten
            Not purchased yet, my engine matches a 38 cm zenith carb.
            I don't think it's easy to use. Is the caliber too small? Any buying suggestions? I don't know anything about the comparison.
            But I really want to experience the charm of M74.

Comment

Originally posted by Freeman View Post
              Not purchased yet, my engine matches a 38 cm zenith carb.
              I don't think it's easy to use. Is the caliber too small? Any buying suggestions? I don't know anything about the comparison.
              But I really want to experience the charm of M74.
              If your motor runs with the Zenith Bendix, Freeman,

Then please use it to make certain the rest of the machine is in order before making the change.

Nearly any 1½" Model M Linkert can be applied, if thoroughly refurbished.

Manifolds however, can be a concern; What vintage of cylinder heads are you running?

....Cotten
              AMCA #776

Comment

If your motor runs with the Zenith Bendix, Freeman,

Then please use it to make certain the rest of the machine is in order before making the change.

Nearly any 1½" Model M Linkert can be applied, if thoroughly refurbished.

Manifolds however, can be a concern; What vintage of cylinder heads are you running?

....Cotten
                I will take pictures and send them as soon as possible. I can't describe the text clearly.

Comment

Sorry, it took me so long to come back. I didn't receive my M74. I was cheated. I bought it in ins.

Comment

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                    This gallery has 3 photos.

Comment

Your photos are too small to view, Freeman,...

...Cotten
                      AMCA #776

Comment

Freeman;
                        Sorry to hear you were cheated.
                        In your search for a Linkert M74 carb please remember:

"Classified Ads

AMCA members that have registered to use this community forum can list free classified ads here. Please email a copy to our Ads Manager at ads@antiquemotorcycle.org with your membership number, so that it will be included in the magazine also. Neither The Antique Motorcycle Club of America, Inc. (AMCA), nor The Antique Motorcycle Magazine warrants or assumes any liability or responsibility for the quality, accuracy, completeness, legality, reliability or usefulness of any information, product or service represented within the magazine, newsletter or on the AMCA’s website. . . . "

No guarantee but perhaps. . . perhaps a safer venue. All the Best.

Comment

Your photos are too small to view, Freeman,...

...Cotten
                          The picture is big, but it is small when it is sent up. Now we are appealing, within 90 days, paypal

Comment

Originally posted by PaulCDF View Post
                            Freeman;

"Classified Ads

AMCA members that have registered to use this community forum can list free classified ads here. Please email a copy to our Ads Manager at ads@antiquemotorcycle.org with your membership number, so that it will be included in the magazine also. Neither The Antique Motorcycle Club of America, Inc. (AMCA), nor The Antique Motorcycle Magazine warrants or assumes any liability or responsibility for the quality, accuracy, completeness, legality, reliability or usefulness of any information, product or service represented within the magazine, newsletter or on the AMCA’s website. . . . "

I don't understand it. Is it recommended that I buy it in the forum?

Comment

Originally posted by PaulCDF View Post
                              Freeman;

"Classified Ads

I see. I need to submit the registration to open it.

Comment

Working...
                              X