Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rubone
    replied
    Cast Indian tools were made by Vlchek, along with lots of other period tools for a variety of makes. The hammer/tire spoon is for clinchers. Stamped tools by H-D and Indian both appear to have been made in house.
    image_26904.jpgimage_26905.jpg
    Last edited by Rubone; 01-16-2021, 07:48 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Rubone
    replied
    Originally posted by Jim View Post
    Thanks Cotten, none of my tools say Indian... so that would leave them out. I can't make out what the words are on my tool wrap. I searched the numbers, but that didn't show any results worth mentioning. But, it's a cool set I have nevertheless. I'll have to look closer at my pliers to see what "words" are on them.
    Over the years I have acquired many pouches, most of which are Military for other uses repurposed to H-D. Most H-D pouches are a simple flapped bag (all oil treated OD canvas), the exceptions being some of the late WLA types, none of which have the "wings" like your pouch.

Leave a comment:

• T. Cotten
    replied
    About your screwdriver, Jim,..

It looks like maybe its a knob at the base of the blade, instead of a crimped collar. Does it unscrew to release the blade?

Are there two ends to the blade?

....Cotten
    Last edited by T. Cotten; 01-16-2021, 06:06 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Jim
    replied
    Thanks Cotten, none of my tools say Indian... so that would leave them out. I can't make out what the words are on my tool wrap. I searched the numbers, but that didn't show any results worth mentioning. But, it's a cool set I have nevertheless. I'll have to look closer at my pliers to see what "words" are on them.

Leave a comment:

• T. Cotten
    replied

Hi Cotten, I just measured it and that adjustable wrench is 7". I wonder if Indian Motorcycles used that type of pouch? I have no clue! I just thought it was H-D because of the wrenches.
    Awesum, Jim!

The pouch appears military. The similarity of the small chainbreaker and pliers with Rubone's las pic is poignant, no doubt.

Indian kits were hodge-podges too:

Chieftoolkit2.jpg

Fire-fighting still comes to mind.

....Cotten

Leave a comment:

• Jim
    replied
    Originally posted by T. Cotten View Post
    How long is the adjustable on the right, Jim?

My collection are all eight to nine inches, but yours looks shorter, which is delightful if it is.

(Note how the one in Rubone's last pic is whacked.)

The octagonal spanners suggest hose or bung fittings to me,..

....Cotten
    Hi Cotten, I just measured it and that adjustable wrench is 7". I wonder if Indian Motorcycles used that type of pouch? I have no clue! I just thought it was H-D because of the wrenches.
    Last edited by Jim; 01-16-2021, 09:27 AM.

Leave a comment:

• T. Cotten
    replied
    How long is the adjustable on the right, Jim?

My collection are all eight to nine inches, but yours looks shorter, which is delightful if it is.

(Note how the one in Rubone's last pic is whacked.)

The octagonal spanners suggest hose or bung fittings to me,..

....Cotten

Leave a comment:

• Rubone
    replied
    I bought this took kit years ago... but I'm not sure what year Harley it's from. Is it a WLA kit? OR did they just use a olive drab roll for all bikes? Also another picture of two "flat" wrenches... ??
    100_0430.JPG
    100_0433.JPG
    100_0431.JPG
    That does not look like an H-D pouch. It could be MilSurp and repurposed by a previous owner. the tools are a bit mixed as well with a couple missing from kits I am aware of. Still cool though!

Misc toolkit tools.
    . DCP_2781.JPG

Leave a comment:

• Jim
    replied
    I bought this took kit years ago... but I'm not sure what year Harley it's from. Is it a WLA kit? OR did they just use a olive drab roll for all bikes? Also another picture of two "flat" wrenches... ??
    100_0430.JPG
    100_0433.JPG
    100_0431.JPG
    Last edited by Jim; 01-14-2021, 06:30 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Rubone
    replied
    45 rear axle wrench. DCP_4557.JPG

Leave a comment:

• Rubone
    replied
    Carburetor cleaning and bushing installing/removal tools DCP_2265.JPG

Leave a comment:

• 41craig
    replied
    Piston Pin Pusher Tool 11910-X ( missing the handle, guide pin, and pusher collar. CIMG1954.JPGCIMG1955.JPGCIMG1969.JPG

Leave a comment:

• Rubone
    replied
    Crankpin and shaft nut wrenches assorted sizes.
    DCP_3990.JPG

Leave a comment:

• 41craig
    replied
    Inlet Housing Nut and Crank Case Bolt Wrench 11903-X for 1929 and earlier big twins. CIMG1944.JPGCIMG1945.JPGCIMG1946.JPG

Leave a comment:

• 41craig
    replied
    Ignition Timing Gage 95882-63 for gaging top dead center. CIMG1929.JPGCIMG1930.JPG

Leave a comment:

Working...
X