No announcement yet.

the first Harley's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is getting really good! Sounds like were on the verge of having the history on another six-bolt!!! Great stuff fellas!!!
    Cory Othen
    Membership#10953

Comment

• Originally posted by c.o. View Post
      This is getting really good! Sounds like were on the verge of having the history on another six-bolt!!! Great stuff fellas!!!
      Darn tootin!

We're got it in the bag thanks to Lonnie and Lonnie, Sr. However, as one mystery is now solved, the other remaining early H-D mystery becomes even more tantalyzing and profound!
      Herbert Wagner
      AMCA 4634
      =======
      The TRUE beginnings of the Harley-Davidson Motor Co.

Comment

• so when can we expect a rough outline of what you have discovered?
        www.motorcyclecannonball.com

Comment

• original battery box

Comment

• It shows that machine has seen some care over the years to be in such good shape. It's always nice to hear the stories behind these old bikes. With Herb on the case it looks like we'll have another tale to ponder. I'm glad your posting this stuff Lonnie......from this far away I'm learning something with each picture!
            Cory Othen
            Membership#10953

Comment

• www.motorcyclecannonball.com

Comment

• Harley

Looks like I have a seat similar to the 1905. Anyone need one?I need a troxel seat for the 11' Yale, anyone have a seat to swap?one that fits on a 7/8 seat post, the one I have fits a smaller diameter post, as it is an early one.This seat is not too great, has a decent tear near the nose, but overall good on an original display bike or maybe a rider?let me know.
                Dave
                dmk441@yahoo.com
                Attached Files

Comment

• toolbox

alot of the parts on the florida bike were stored in this bad ass old tool box along with these strange tools
                  Last edited by jurassic; 05-30-2009, 05:56 PM.

Comment

• Those look like instrument tuning tools to me, piano,harp, something along those lines.
                    Maybe a previous owner was an instrument tuner?
                    Robbie
                    Last edited by Rubone; 05-30-2009, 06:15 PM.
                    Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

• I was going to say they were the tools of an alien examiner of human . . . . nether regions.
                      Eric Smith
                      AMCA #886

Comment

• Originally posted by c.o. View Post
                        It shows that machine has seen some care over the years to be in such good shape. It's always nice to hear the stories behind these old bikes. With Herb on the case it looks like we'll have another tale to ponder. I'm glad your posting this stuff Lonnie......from this far away I'm learning something with each picture!
                        Yeah, isn't that battery box a gem? The bracket looks like bronze and is rather a work of art in itself. I wonder if that was something the boys made or if that was an off-the-shelf item? Earl is good on stuff like that.

Yep, whoever owned that bike took good care of it. Must have had extreme sentimental value to him.
                        Last edited by HarleyCreation; 05-30-2009, 08:25 PM.
                        Herbert Wagner
                        AMCA 4634
                        =======

Comment

• Originally posted by Rub View Post
                          Those look like instrument tuning tools to me, piano,harp, something along those lines.
                          Maybe a previous owner was an instrument tuner?
                          Robbie
                          You can't get any warmer than that!

Lonnie, if Rub is right, then I've just upped my theory results to 100% correct!
                          Herbert Wagner
                          AMCA 4634
                          =======

Comment

• Originally posted by HarleyCreation View Post
                            Yeah, isn't that battery box a gem? The bracket looks like bronze and is rather a work of art in itself. I wonder if that was something the boys made or if that was an off-the-shelf item? Earl is good on stuff like that.

Yep, whoever owned that bike took good care of it. Must have had extreme sentimental value to him.
                            i too thought the battery box was a work of art ,much nicer than any of the repops,quality work

Comment

• also in the tool box

Comment

• Piano parts!!
                                Robbie
                                Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Working...
                                X