Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Attention Any Board Member Here.........help Our Club!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steve, You can also add my name to that list if you need anyone else.
    ------------
    Steve
    AMCA #7300

Comment

Dear MGD. There are a lot of points there and you should expect a statement after the Board meeting next week.

On the library, there are two things going on. The Virtual Library Project is taking shape under the leadership of Larry Barnes. Over the last year we have been digitising all kinds of key documents kindly donated by Club members - mostly George Yarocki. These should be available to Club members in a matter of weeks, in a bolt-on to the Club website. There is some great stuff there, mostly say 1000 brochures and manuals on 15 US-built makes 1900-1953.

On a physical library, we bought a ton (2400 pounds actually) of surplus magazines from the British VMCC and shipped them to the USA. They are now being sent to the AACA Library in Hershey where, as you say, they will be sorted and racked for a reasonable charge. I don't know exactly what is in there, but there are a lot of Brit magazines from the 1980s which are not very collectable, plus some nice 1945-50 mags and a few pre-WW2 brochures. There is a lot of duplication, and the AACA will include extras in their October 2009 sale, so I hope we have a few dollars coming back. Best regards.

Comment

Working...
      X