No announcement yet.

Detroit Motorcycle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pete, Martin must have seen me at Oley that year that we had too much gin, and Harley Davidson mud wrestling at the bottom of the hill.

Comment

I, and others, were once threatened with expulsion from a model specific internet list for straying off subject, specifically, discussing cheap beer on a Honda CBX chat list. Shame on us.

So. rather than risk the wrath of the keepers of this fine forum, I suggest we keep to motorcycles.......

That said, I like a quality beer while sitting in the garage smelling, touching, looking, and dreaming about old bikes. The occasional cigar slips in there too.

Didn't this start with a pic of a Detroit? Pretty bike.

Comment

Rickeieio, you've been here long enough to know how easy it is to get sidetracked at this forum. That's what I love about this club and motorcycle people in general. Anyone who has been riding for awhile has great stories which I think goes part and parcel with the love of motorcycles. I think the kind of person that is attracted to motorcycles is someone that is curious about all facets of life and willing to try risky things with the knowledge of failure or pain. It's the human element that makes motorcycles so much fun.

Comment

That what Rick said except with the quality Beer and (cheap?) cigars..........

Comment

rickeieio,see that was the problem, Honda, no red blooded MCer would fault you for talkin about BEER!!! if that the case then I wouldnt want to be there! Keep smilin !

Comment

You guys are freakin halarious. - Jist ave at 'er!

Comment

Ive known dave leitner for over 25 years. No one knows more about pre 1915 motorcycles then him. Ive seen and talked to him about his restorations and he always would tell what and how he was doing on them .Its impossible for anyone to criticize him. Anyone in the pre 1915 circle knows every step he's taken along the way to completion. If you payed attention on the detroit ,you would know this. Anyone who saw its debut and heard it running was smiling . ---- jealousy is an evil force. ----

Comment

Mike Teri's '15 racer before photo

Originally posted by motorheadmike
                  Ive known dave leitner for over 25 years. No one knows more about pre 1915 motorcycles then him. Ive seen and talked to him about his restorations and he always would tell what and how he was doing on them .Its impossible for anyone to criticize him. Anyone in the pre 1915 circle knows every step he's taken along the way to completion. If you payed attention on the detroit ,you would know this. Anyone who saw its debut and heard it running was smiling . ---- jealousy is an evil force. ----
                  Hey Red, cool down man! Nobody has ever disputed Dave's knowlege. He was representing his straptank as orig at Oley a few years back, like you were with your '15 Harley racer. I would expect you to have his back, as birds of a feather flock together. Here are some before and after photos of the '15 racer that had for sale... obviously not even the same bike. It looks like the before picture was one that you took out of a book. The forks have changed. Bars have changed. Frame is shorter for short-couple. Position of the hand pump on the tank is different. Rear fender is different. And who would restore an old bike like that? I know you wouldn't, yet you tried to give your racer some history. Welcome to the discussion. Everyone has a skeleton of some sort in their closet!
                  Attached Files

Comment

Mike Teri's after photo

Same bike? I think not!!!!!!!!!!!
                    Attached Files

Comment

vin

look at the poor job on the vin re-stamp
                      Attached Files

Comment

tanks

Look at the height of the tanks at the rear. The "before" photo is a '13 tank. The "after" photo is a '15 tank. Nice try, Teri.

Comment

martin

I am glad I don't know you because I would be ashamed to hang out anywhere near you. you would probably put down my hair, clothes,shoes and what ever else your heart desires to point out.

what do you do when not on this site putting down 'fellow motorcycle enthusiasts' throw stones at glass windows???, walk through wet cement?? steal candy from infants???

besides a "menstral-cycle" what have you worked on to be proud to bring to shows and spend countless hours bragging about at the meets?????

Idea for ANOTHER GREAT TV SHOW have martin drag a camera around to every museum in the world and every enthusiasts house pointing out how many "fake" motorcycles are in existance - at any point we would get to see some fantastic looking antique motorcycles

aka HAWG

Comment

You are right, Hawg. I have been way too negative, but let me tell you a little story.

About ten years ago, I bought a restored bike from an "Upstanding, well-known collector in the AMCA". He represented the bike as all original parts before the restoration. Three years ago, I brought the bike to Wauseon. The guy that restored it for the previous owner introduced himself out of the blue. We had a nice chat. He proceded to tell me some history on the bike, including that the sheetmetal, the fork, and part of the frame were all made by him. He was very proud of his work, as you could not tell from original. He was quite the craftsman. I was fooled. I thought I could pick out reprod parts a mile away, but I had been duped. So, I intend to expose every repro bike that I know about so that some dumb SOB like me isn't duped again. So, yes, your idea of a little show makes a lot of sense. I don't have a personal vendetta against anyone except liars.

Comment

wow,i cant tell either
                              Attached Files

Comment

And from jurassic comes his latest creation. Rip anybody off lately, junior?

Comment

Working...
                                X