X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost pic

Comment

I like your bike, jurassic.

I just don't like 16" rear wheels period on anything but stock bikes anymore...
      But that's just me
      And

Hell yeah, 12 volt rules, if you actually want to ride, that's the only way to run it.

And I'm all about oil pressure gauges! Its nice to know that you got oil movin

I tend to agree about pissin people off with it! I knew that the moment I cut the relay boss off my knuck cases on a band saw that people would be BUMMED about it!

Don't get me started on bates seats though...

Comment

Dave disregard the short wheelbased Indian four. Urban myth..at least me owning it. No word yet on the crank pin. I like the choppers, but.....more bobbers! I agree with Dave...18" wheels are more pleasing to my eye. More early club stuff! 40's racing! Hill climbs! Gypsy tours! I know some of y'all got the pics...let's see them.

Comment

motorcycle clubs

we are having an exhibit at the museum in sturgis with almost 50 early club vests.this is one from california.
          Attached Files

Comment

club vest

another one from santa maria,we are looking for any history on these clubs
            Attached Files

Comment

Very cool colors. I truley do appreciate them and what a cool exihibit to see. I would however love to see more early stuff. 40's and 50's. Stuff mostly done on sweaters or painted on jackets. I want to find stuff on the clubs that raced and had fun. I just don't want to get into the "outlaw" thing. It causes too many "issues." But.......post more pics cuz there are really cool!

Comment

Re: Lost pic

Originally posted by sveger
                The fat 16" donut up front needs to be replaced with a stock 18" to make this bike look right. Right now it looks "top" heavy and clumsy. Plus its handling would improve too and ain't that what bobbing 'em was about?

My 2 cents.

Comment

i agree with you...personally id rather see a 18 in the back and a 19 up front...

thats the one thing, even though i had a 51 pan with a 16 up front with no fender for years, that i cant stand anymore

the whole japanese deal is big and the 16 with the fattest rubber possible is their deal..

but

i cant deal with 16' tires anymore...
                  unless i am trying to be bone stock...
                  id even swap out the 16's for 18s on a stock rigid pan...

****, i still need to order your book!

Comment

hey Jurassic!

even though jedd is lookin for earlier stuff...

post EVERY PICTURE of old club colors you took!!!!

anybody have a picture of an actual "Coffin Cheaters MC" set of colors???

that is still my favorite name for a club ever...

Comment

sabotuers

unbelievably i found these two colors separatly,in two different states.the leather one has chimp on the front name tag.
                      Attached Files

Comment

riverside

i believe this one is very early,one percenter patch on front.
                        Attached Files

Comment

oakville

does anyone have any idea where oakville is?? this one looks to be 50's.
                          Attached Files

Comment

barons

death barons
                            Attached Files

Comment

Oakville CA. Would be my guess.

18s are good.

We had some interesting clubs around here in the 50s. I'll ask around and see if anyone still has a jacket.

One club from the 50s consisted of 5 or 7 guys who all rode Vincents. A speedy bunch they must have been.

Sure hope you've got a Booze Fighter jersey for that show.

Comment

Are the "Grip Twisters" painted on or sewn? Nice pics guys. Lets keep em coming.

Comment

Working...
                                X