Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

me to jedd, i need those, so bid high!

Comment

See thats the bad thing about ebay, those emblems will go for more then what you will prolly find em for on a swap.
      Especially now that we got a couple guys looking at em.
      Make sure you bid high, how dumb!

Comment

talk about bidding high Check this one out.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...9846777&rd=1,1

If the link doesn't work it's #230119846777

Comment

Originally posted by oddmystic
          See thats the bad thing about ebay, those emblems will go for more then what you will prolly find em for on a swap.
          Especially now that we got a couple guys looking at em.
          Make sure you bid high, how dumb!
          easy there tiger ,your startin to sound like martin.all that was ,was a shot at a little humor.
          if i remember correctly the last set of these emblems went for close to $200. you wont see tom bidding near that much on 'em.
          on top of that , im trying to get a chief up and runnin , and wl tank emblems are not a real priority now.(dont have a clue why i am explaining myself here )i guess my point is TAKE A BREAK!
          jedd, i hope ya get a shot at those emblems ,and i,ll be willing to bet they are not the last set out there.good luck,tom

Comment

Let's not fight now kids. I got the joke Emblems are the least of my worries today until I get the motor fixed. I'll bid anyway..ha..ha, cuz I'm stupid like that. There is a certain amount of validity to the comment about ebay. Unfortunately less and less good stuff is showing up at swap meets due to ebay, but over $200 for a ignition switch! Wow!

Comment

It might sound strange to you guys but I love it when I see things like this being sold for big bucks. All of us that have basements or attics full of these type parts could hit it big someday selling them on the bay.
              Theses parts could end up being more valuable than our 401K's. -Steve

Comment

i like this thread....bobbers, rockabilly, cuffed jeans, bike clubs. i got into bobbers while restoring my 47 knuckle. i was having a hard time finding a decent rear fender (i couldn't deal with the vtwin repos made in BFE) but i had an original one where the sides and hinged piece were rotted, but from the trim up all was solid. long story short i removed the sides and put the hinge piece on the shelf, made my own tail light and plate frame (used a points cover from an early shovel fit with a red guide turn signal lens). at this point i decided that anything that didn't make the bike go forward or comply with the law wasn't needed. it's a lot of fun to mix in some parts from other year/makes of bikes or even toss in some car parts.

Comment

Sounds cool sludge. How about posting a pics to see your handy work? You use the old thought process. Get the bike running, let it idle, start removing parts, when it dies put the last part back on and bingo you got a bobber!

Comment

As for you, Ohio-Rider, I hear what your saying, but.....and I do mean but. I do not have a basement full of anything. Heck living in California I don't even have a basement. Unfortunately, I haven't been around long enough to have picked up all these parts when no one gave a hoot about them. So with every build I do, I have to find the parts one at a time. With ebay in full swing I can and have found most everything, but paid wayyyyy tooooo much. Your 401 K could potentially stop a younger generation from building, preserving and restoring the bikes we all love so much. Just an editorial, please don't hate. Still need tank badges

Comment

I've got to agree with Jedd on this one. I'm in the same boat. Us young bucks get what we can when we can and usually pay too much for it. But were doing what we love and trying to stay in the game anyway we can............ it's always nice to see more bikes rollin' down the road........ By the way I've been to two swapmeets in the last two weeks and came home with absolutely zilch for old stuff. E-bay is definitely effecting the swapmeets....... a guy has to save and hit Davenport I guess.......

Comment

I look at e-bay as entertainment, like a big swap meet in your house, you have to be real patient to get a deal on e-bay, but they are out there, Ive got a few but you cant get caught up in the excitement at the end of an auction or youll get bit, it has also hurt the swapmeets in that when you make some vender a reasonable offer he comes back with [YOU KNOW WHAT I CAN GET FOR THAT ON E-BAY] so why are ya here? Spike

Comment

There are some (very few) deals on ebay. Usually if someone mistypes a brand or doesn't know what they've got. I like to buy Buco items, but I only seem to be able to buy "Baco, Boco or Buto" items. Their mistypes and my dumb luck help occassionally. I know the big swap meets still have the good stuff, but I'm not retired and unable to take off and travel across the country to buy the right tank badges, so I guess I'll be patient and hope for the ebay auction for a set of "Hardley Pathead Tunk Bodges"

Comment

Hey I just thought of something. What are we talking about again. Does anyone have any info, photos, club sweaters, etc? I still want to know about 40's clubs and bikes, so lets get back to that and stop making me all depressed on what I can't afford. My Flathead is dead after 1250 miles and I'm sad about that. Crankpin, I think. I don't have the nerve to take apart the lower end. The shop that built the motor hopefully is going to stand by it. We'll see. Anyone got any more old bobber photos? Post them up if you do.

Comment

Sorry I don't have the tank badges your looking for. If I did you would certainly be welcome to them. After I reread my first post about attics and basements full of parts I realized that my statements where misleading.
                              Do many of the old timers have a bunch of old parts laying around? Yes we do. The reason there laying around is because, for the most part the parts aren't useable. They are just parts that have been replaced some where along the line and we can't bring ourselfs to throw anything out. I mean some of the prices I see on e-bay for some things I would call scrap just amazes me. But any of you guys are welcome to look thru my scrap pile anytime. Just bring beer and we can work something out.

Now back to bobbers. Here was my setup a few years back. Its a 56 panhead with 48 springer. 21" front and 3" open primary and home made exhuasts.

Anyone remember the "choosen few" or the "pagans" motorcycle clubs? They where big around here in the late 60's.

Comment

Beautiful bike. When was it built? I've heard of the clubs, but don't know too much about them.

Comment

Working...
                                X