No announcement yet.

California Motorcycle Clubs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's another. These were clubs that hung out at the All American Bar, home of the Boozefighters. Anyone with info on these clubs would be appreciated.
    Attached Files

Comment

• Yellow Jackets MC

Hello Jed,
      This is a real interesting thread, but no one ever said any more regarding your question on the Yellow Jackets. There is a book called "Motorcycle Jackets" by Rin Tanaka, that has several pictures of early cycle club sweaters, including the Yellow Jackets, Galloping Gooses and others. Unfortunately not much useable historical info is included in this book, but some good photos. Also the owner of several of the sweaters shown in the book has a website, and could possibly provide some more info.
      Doug.

Comment

• go to http://www.amazon.com and enter the author's name, Rin Tanaka; these books are available ...$$ ...bill

Comment

• The author, Rin Tanaka, is prolific. He has documented the motorcycle scene with books on T-Shirts, helmets and The Jacket. Type the name into a eBay search. ...bill

Comment

• Modesto MC

While looking on David Wassermans superb web site I noticed he had for sale a belt buckle. The Buckle had a skirted Indian motocycle on it with 'Modesto Motorcycle club' in enamel blue and yellow.

Comment

• I have some of Rin's books. I enjoy them, but $70 bucks for a book is tough to justify. That's money for parts! He does have a nice collection and access to nicer collections. I'm trying to find some history to go along with the photos. Rin's books are limited on that. One of the Harley collectable books has a nice shot of the "North Los Angeles Motorcycle Club" sweater. It is in Mike Parti's collection. He is a nice guy and a well of knowledge. Let's keep this thread going, I'm enjoying some good conversation that's not too technical for my pea brain

Comment

• here is a cool one. . . .

from So. Cal. Howdy Jedd, how you been since we spoke yesterday?
                Attached Files

Comment

• Very nice Pasadena MC Sweater. Now this is what I'm talking about Let's get some more pics. Thanks Wes.

Comment

• here is a time honored classic. . .

I am sure the Checkers are still around. Kinda a non-traditional set of "club Colors." Couple of different variations
                    Attached Files

Comment

• here is a slightly diff Checker

Mike Burke, one of the more famous Checkers
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Nice.
                        Thanks Wes.

Comment

• here ya go Jedd!

I m back in town, ill get goin on that stuff

Comment

• Dave you are my hero. Those are beeeuuuutiful. Where did ya find them?

Comment

• Originally posted by Flathead Jedd
                              Sounds cool sludge. How about posting a pics
                              Sorry this took so long Jedd....all the bike pics posted on this thread look great....here's mine.
                              Attached Files

Comment

• Nice Sludge. Just as they should be. No one has responded in a while. Maybe we need some more bike pics.

Comment

Working...
                                X