Clear All

• jcrawford
    replied
    ...and what about the Beemer?

Leave a comment:

• Rubone
    replied
    Originally posted by duffeycycles View Post
    Very Cool to come up with that one Badger.Hopefully Matt Waksler has that pic to go with the bike.
    Here is a bike a friend built in the '80s.Superglide chassis with Knuck motor.
    Knuckle Glide.jpg
    I built a bike similar to that for my then wife in the winter of '73 for a trip we were planning. Here we are on top of Beartooth Pass in Aug 74, the Knuckle is in the foreground. In a '64 frame with a 72 Superglide fork assembly. 47 EL built as a 68 incher. My Pan/Shovel Stroker behind.

Last edited by Rubone; 04-08-2024, 01:15 PM.

Leave a comment:

• duffeycycles
    replied
    Very Cool to come up with that one Badger.Hopefully Matt Waksler has that pic to go with the bike.
    Here is a bike a friend built in the '80s.Superglide chassis with Knuck motor.

Knuckle Glide.jpg

Leave a comment:

• badger34
    replied
    In 1954 Springfield Mile,52KKX8 was ridden by #97 Charles Carey from Rockford Illinois
    Charles Carey

cc97.jpg

Leave a comment:

• duffeycycles
    replied
    In 1954 Springfield Mile,52KKX8 was ridden by #97 Charles Carey from Rockford Illinois

Leave a comment:

• badger34
    replied
    In '64,Roeder was riding 52KKX8 the same bike that Resweber had won championships with.The "Duck Bike"
    The bike must have still been running out of Ralph Berndt's stable. Here's George Roeder (center) and Ralph Berndt (right) with a #94.

rbgr94.jpg

Leave a comment:

• C.Flint
    replied
    Great pictures of the Hendersons by JoJo, Especially #3823. These dapper gents have decided to patch the rear tube without removing the rear wheel from the bike. When I need to remove a tube, the force required to get the tire bead outside the rim seems greater on modern rubber than would be possible sitting in the dirt with short tire spoons. At least someone remembered to bring refreshments, too.

Leave a comment:

• duffeycycles
    replied
    In '64,Roeder was riding 52KKX8 the same bike that Resweber had won championships with.The "Duck Bike"

Leave a comment:

• badger34
    replied
    +1 KR's are beautiful machines!

Here's another KR Daytona bound and also a second 1st gen Ranchero hauler, this one with Lake Pipes. Ralph Berndt and Carroll Resweber loaded up for Daytona.

rbcrdaytonaranchero.jpg

Leave a comment:

• BigLakeBob
    replied
    tumblr_nxzfmyZ1Go1sh016ho1_1280.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Steve Slocombe
    replied
    Those KRs are brutes. Here's my 60KR2029. They came out in 1952 but were still sold new through to 1966, and competitive for years after. It is always a thrill to see them still being raced at Wauseon. This one carries Brad Andres' race number, but surely only as a tribute. 60kr01b.jpeg

Leave a comment:

• JoJo357
    replied
    Originally posted by badger34 View Post
    Do you know if this is George Roeder's #94? I would say Daytona due to palm trees and large fuel tank.

Yep Badger, the 'Flying Farmer' at Daytona.

*M.A.D.*

Leave a comment:

• badger34
    replied
    Do you know if this is George Roeder's #94? I would say Daytona due to palm trees and large fuel tank.

Leave a comment:

• JoJo357
    replied
    *M.A.D.*

9396B242-4DB3-4678-8054-F6B4AA4F7B41.jpeg

A41F5F7C-BE34-415B-8519-A2299D6D7876_1_201_a.jpeg

1237CCFC-4A4F-4793-9FAF-ED9B0FDBDCD0.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_2e3d.jpeg

122469481_4602406376467940_7827849566385677289_n.jpg
    Last edited by JoJo357; 04-07-2024, 06:01 AM.

Leave a comment:

• exeric
    replied
    Great picture, Bob, and thank you. The motorcycle is a 1916 (or real early '17) J electric based on the rear stand, and deep frame indents in the rear fender. I think the wheel disks look good on that bike, and obviously, it was painted a different color than the last standard 'Renault' gray of 1916 and earlier. I guess the building behind the students was under Contruction. or a hurricane had blown all the siding off. Love these pictures that allow a viewer to speculate.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X