X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EricOlson
    replied
    Originally posted by Steve Slocombe View Post
    I wonder if it is the same bike in the Cycletow pictures? The rear view shows a 1932 California license plate but the side view seems to show the one-year 1930 twin tube muffler. The 1930 twin headlights became illegal in several States after night time accidents, and were replaced with the 1931/2 Motolamp. Could it be the same rider, although one photo does show two bikes?
    If you zoom in on the front fender skirt you can see "No. 1" on the twin and "No. 2" on the single. It looks like they worked in a pretty good sized garage, so it makes sense they may have had more than one bike.

Service department, Cycletow service, Southern California, 1932 5.jpg

Leave a comment:

• BigLakeBob
    replied
    334_%20Excelsior.jpg

Leave a comment:

• BigLakeBob
    replied
    317fb85bad1de2ff56033fda6d9c0131_zps4ddfdc96.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Steve Slocombe
    replied
    I wonder if it is the same bike in the Cycletow pictures? The rear view shows a 1932 California license plate but the side view seems to show the one-year 1930 twin tube muffler. The 1930 twin headlights became illegal in several States after night time accidents, and were replaced with the 1931/2 Motolamp. Could it be the same rider, although one photo does show two bikes?

Leave a comment:

• Rubone
    replied
    Originally posted by exeric View Post
    You see a number of pictures of owner made fender skirts on H-Ds and Indians from those days. I think it was partially inspired by aviation wheel skirts, and the 'streamline' styling trend of that time. The fender skirts really improve the looks of that 30.50 H-D.
    1936 Junior "Sky King"
    DCP_2401.JPG

Leave a comment:

• exeric
    replied
    You see a number of pictures of owner made fender skirts on H-Ds and Indians from those days. I think it was partially inspired by aviation wheel skirts, and the 'streamline' styling trend of that time. The fender skirts really improve the looks of that 30.50 H-D.

Leave a comment:

• PaulCDF
    replied
    How do I get a job application to work with Cycletow Service?
    Chicks dig the uniform

Leave a comment:

• T. Cotten
    replied
    zzcycletowlady.jpg

cycle-tow trainingwheels.jpg

....Cotten

Leave a comment:

• EricOlson
    replied
    Originally posted by Steve Slocombe View Post
    Picture 1969 looks like a 1931/2 Harley C model 500 cc flathead with the flat lens Motolamp. Only about 1500 made.
    There are a number of pictures of the Hollywood Branch Cycletow Service. Maybe taken for advertising? Interestingly, I have some that look like they also used a 45 twin with a dual headlight set-up. (Not actually sure what the bigger bike is, but I'm sure Steve can identify it).

Cycletow in front of residences, Southern California, 1932 2.jpg

Cycletow in front of residences, Southern California, 1932 1.jpg

Service department, Cycletow service, Southern California, 1932 1.jpg

Service department, Cycletow service, Southern California, 1932 3.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Steve Slocombe
    replied
    Picture 1969 looks like a 1931/2 Harley C model 500 cc flathead with the flat lens Motolamp. Only about 1500 made.

Leave a comment:

• T. Cotten
    replied

zzca80796f9.jpg

Della Crewe Sept 1915.jpg
    Della Crewe Sept 1915

...Cotten
    Last edited by T. Cotten; 01-07-2022, 07:57 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Rubone
    replied
    Interesting seeing those parade duty 45s

Leave a comment:

• ammorest
    replied
    Steve, the 1929 and 1930 KJ headlight is side mounted like the 1931 as opposed to the bottom mount of the twin Solar lights. Not sure who made the 29 and 30 KJ headlights but the parts book for the Henderson Deluxe pre 1929 lists C.M. Hall Company of Kenosha, Wisconsin as the headlight maker. That light is a big one similar to the one on the 1931 KJ. Can't find any identifying the maker on my headlight. Looks like Harley and Henderson both realized those small headlights didn't do the job and both switched to the bigger Motolamp in 1931.
    Dave

Leave a comment:

• JoJo357
    replied
    *M.A.D.*

fullsizeoutput_188b.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_1889.jpeg

Leave a comment:

• BigLakeBob
    replied
    376ce2a2b86ec542a62188c6a07c059d.jpg

Leave a comment: