*M.A.D.*

280016A1-A2BE-4BDE-B31C-E1E367553661_1_201_a.jpeg

F21732B5-2B00-4A30-AE67-191EA90D2C20.jpeg
    0000FE76-BDEC-47B3-AC2C-30961CE5A4CF.jpeg

70F48F88-FC1E-44A2-8E09-F89ADE60656F.jpeg

Leave a comment:

• exeric
    replied
    A flat tire, out of oil, what else plagued that Henderson ? . . . Oh yeah, prohibition, and the great depression.

Leave a comment:

• Rubone
    replied
    Originally posted by exeric View Post

I doubt that is William Henderson as he was consumed with making ACE a success, and was well finished with Excelsior/Henderson. Also, he was killed in Sept. of 1922. I am guessing the Henderson is a '21-'23 K model based on the headlight and long tank configuration. Those are hard years for me to guess as the changes were very small. That is a terrible way to fix a clincher tire since the Henderson fender could be rotated thus allowing the wheel to be wrangled out the back. Clinchers are difficult to mount, and very hard to get the flaps to overlap around the inner tube under the best of conditions.

Thanks for posting that Henderson picture, JoJo. I've not seen that picture before so I'll be delighted to add it to my Henderson K folder.

p.s. What do think that can in the foreground contains?
    That rectangular can has a Mobiloil label on it.

Leave a comment:

• exeric
    replied
    Originally posted by JoJo357 View Post
    I doubt that is William Henderson as he was consumed with making ACE a success, and was well finished with Excelsior/Henderson. Also, he was killed in Sept. of 1922. I am guessing the Henderson is a '21-'23 K model based on the headlight and long tank configuration. Those are hard years for me to guess as the changes were very small. That is a terrible way to fix a clincher tire since the Henderson fender could be rotated thus allowing the wheel to be wrangled out the back. Clinchers are difficult to mount, and very hard to get the flaps to overlap around the inner tube under the best of conditions.

Thanks for posting that Henderson picture, JoJo. I've not seen that picture before so I'll be delighted to add it to my Henderson K folder.

p.s. What do think that can in the foreground contains?
    Last edited by exeric; 04-09-2024, 02:56 PM.

Leave a comment:

• droptopford
    replied
    Originally posted by badger34 View Post

I'm hoping there was an exhaust cutout because a tailpipe is visible exiting under the rear bumper, otherwise the Lake Pipes were just decorative and that would be a bummer.
    I noticed the tailpipe too. Just assumed there would be some sort of cutout/reroute to the side pipes. Can't picture those hard core hot rodders running dummy pipes. And no heat shields!

Leave a comment:

• badger34
    replied
    Originally posted by droptopford View Post
    Not bike related but I like the straight side pipes on the 59 Ranchero.
    I'm hoping there was an exhaust cutout because a tailpipe is visible exiting under the rear bumper, otherwise the Lake Pipes were just decorative and that would be a bummer.

Leave a comment:

• Rubone
    replied
    Originally posted by droptopford View Post
    Hence the comment with the picture...

Leave a comment:

• droptopford
    replied

Leave a comment:

• BigLakeBob
    replied
    tumblr_nxx3zjmmZo1sh016ho1_1280.jpg tumblr_nxysh8OyyH1sh016ho1_1280.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Jarek
    replied
    Indian in Paris, 1930s 3_1_0_14_3627_159369.jpg 3_1_0_14_3627_159373.jpg

Leave a comment:

• JoJo357
    replied
    Originally posted by C.Flint View Post
    Great pictures of the Hendersons by JoJo, Especially #3823. These dapper gents have decided to patch the rear tube without removing the rear wheel from the bike. When I need to remove a tube, the force required to get the tire bead outside the rim seems greater on modern rubber than would be possible sitting in the dirt with short tire spoons. At least someone remembered to bring refreshments, too.
    Thanks Chris. It appears to me that the gentleman fixing the flat is, William G. Henderson?

*M.A.D.*

16CC6DB2-C2BD-4ECE-9470-F45E0A779CCE.jpeg
    AF947B59-411A-4EBB-A7A8-6A3558CB0B26.jpeg

40B82924-81C8-4471-97E3-E27A6F0DD1BB_1_201_a.jpeg

Leave a comment:

• Rubone
    replied
    Originally posted by jcrawford View Post
    ...and what about the Beemer?
    My BIL on his new R75. We rode up to Banff, back down into WA and the World's Fair in Spokane from ABQ NM.

Leave a comment:

• jcrawford
    replied
    ...and what about the Beemer?

Leave a comment:

• Rubone
    replied
    Originally posted by duffeycycles View Post
    Very Cool to come up with that one Badger.Hopefully Matt Waksler has that pic to go with the bike.
    Here is a bike a friend built in the '80s.Superglide chassis with Knuck motor.
    Knuckle Glide.jpg
    I built a bike similar to that for my then wife in the winter of '73 for a trip we were planning. Here we are on top of Beartooth Pass in Aug 74, the Knuckle is in the foreground. In a '64 frame with a 72 Superglide fork assembly. 47 EL built as a 68 incher. My Pan/Shovel Stroker behind.

Last edited by Rubone; 04-08-2024, 01:15 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X