• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by duffeycycles View Post
    Robbie's right,look at the headlamp page, 1954 BT parts book
    looks like it comes from top down

img359.jpg
    I think we are discussing two different things here. The only reason I am interested in this topic is because I am at the point on my 48 EL project where I am installing the the headlamp and associated parts and would like to get it right.

The bolt in question is the one that JGBrown showed in his original post. This one:

Screenshot 2023-12-04 074528.jpg

Part # 4000/066 is the bolt that fastens the headlamp bracket to the top of the fork, here:

top bolt.jpg

Again, I cant seem to find the reference for the bolt that goes here:

bottom bolt.jpg

Thanks gents!

Comment

Originally posted by gitguy View Post

I think we are discussing two different things here. The only reason I am interested in this topic is because I am at the point on my 48 EL project where I am installing the the headlamp and associated parts and would like to get it right.

The bolt in question is the one that JGBrown showed in his original post. This one:

Screenshot 2023-12-04 074528.jpg

Part # 4000/066 is the bolt that fastens the headlamp bracket to the top of the fork, here:

top bolt.jpg

Again, I cant seem to find the reference for the bolt that goes here:

bottom bolt.jpg

Thanks gents!

As I posted, it is 4000. Now I'm done here.
      Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Sorry,I get it now ! bolt not shown anywhere. I still agree with Robbie 4000 / 066

Comment

Is this the actual parts listing reference to the 4000/066 bolt for the retainer?
          bolt for retainer.JPG

Comment

Yes, that is the fastener Robbie is referring too.
            there is quantity (2) required as shown in the parts book. One goes on the handlebar mount tab and the other goes on the spring bushing retaining plate.
            IMG_20231206_175155600.jpg Technical writers make errors back then and nowadays as well. Today, most service literally is electronic so revisions are easier, verse paper revisions years ago that were supposed to be added as an insert. Regardless, yes it's not clear with the tech writers layout design and omission in areas but Robbie is correct, use part number 4000, two times.
            Hope this helps,
            Duke

Comment

Originally posted by dukekleman View Post
              Yes, that is the fastener Robbie is referring too.
              there is quantity (2) required as shown in the parts book. One goes on the handlebar mount tab and the other goes on the spring bushing retaining plate.
              IMG_20231206_175155600.jpg Technical writers make errors back then and nowadays as well. Today, most service literally is electronic so revisions are easier, verse paper revisions years ago that were supposed to be added as an insert. Regardless, yes it's not clear with the tech writers layout design and omission in areas but Robbie is correct, use part number 4000, two times.
              Hope this helps,
              Duke
              Thanks Duke.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubone View Post

As I posted, it is 4000. Now I'm done here.
                I just asked for a reference in the parts book and apparently you couldn't find one all you could respond with was "it is 4000 now I'm done here". Last time I checked responses were voluntary. No need to get smarmy.

Duke came up with a plausible explanation. Thank you sir.

Comment

Working...
                X