No announcement yet.

Turn Signal Canceling - Any options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why put the starter relay in the nacelle, Panz4ever?

(Unless its to hide it from the judges, of course...)

....Cotten
    Last edited by T. Cotten; 07-17-2021, 12:58 PM.
    AMCA #776
    Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

Originally posted by T. Cotten View Post
      Why put the starter relay in the nacelle, Panz4ever?

(Unless its to hide it from the judges, of course...)

....Cotten
      Think I mis-stated what I meant to say. The relay is under the battery box & very visible; the circuit breaker is also under the battery box on the right side.

Tom my 65, once complete, will never see the inside the inside of of a jusge's circle at an AMCA meet. I am taking it back to stock, as close as I can afford & want. That said there is just enough that is not stock/correct to get the judges panties all bunched up.

Comment

I run mine upside down, on the kicker studs, Panz4ever!

But still, how many judging points is hiding it in the nacelle worth. Folks?

That should make a ninety-nine pointer a hundred and one.

....Cotten
        PS: I guess that's only a joke among '65 owners.
        Last edited by T. Cotten; 07-21-2021, 02:15 PM.
        AMCA #776

Comment

Use horn buttons for your turn signal switches one on the right and one on the left. You will never have a problem with leaving you turn signals on ever.
          Carl
          http://www.carlscyclesupply.com

Comment

Originally posted by Carl Olsen View Post
            Use horn buttons for your turn signal switches one on the right and one on the left. You will never have a problem with leaving you turn signals on ever. Carl
            Where ya gonna put them, Carl?

There's already a horn button on the left, and '65s already had a starter button on the right.

Gets crowded.

....Cotten
            PS: Back to the nacelle lights, Folks,..

When asked, a MOCO employee who was there during '65 production told me much of that sort of final assembly was left to the Dealerships.

So the only way a '65 could be AMCA perfect is if it is still in the crate.
            Last edited by T. Cotten; 07-25-2021, 03:34 PM.
            AMCA #776

Comment

Give it a rest and check the name on the post.
              Carl
              http://www.carlscyclesupply.com

Comment

Originally posted by Carl Olsen View Post
                Give it a rest and check the name on the post.
                Carl
                I'll never give the AMCA judging system 'a rest', Carl!

It has already destroyed more History than it could ever preserve.

....Cotten
                PS: My browser must be infected? The names are the same.. .. .
                AMCA #776

Comment

I see you having two possible solutions to your problem. The first is a mechanically complex problem that involves integrating new and old technology. When your bike was built whether or not it had turn signals or not when they were put on they just had a flasher can much like what is on cars of a similar age. What later Harleys had/have is a turn signal canceling device. I don't know how original you want to keep the bike but it might be possible to work one of these devices in to your bike. What happens is that the signals turn off automatically after a short period of time, so you don't look like you forgot. The down side to this is getting caught at a long light where you need to turn the directional on more than once. The other method for fixing your problem is equally complex for different reasons and involves behavior modification and reminding yourself to turn off the dang signal. I am not sure which solution is harder. The TCU (this is what Harley calls the device) has all the wires from all four turn signals running into it and if you are adding it on it can be located anywhere. From the factory Harley decided to put it behind a plastic protector down by the wheel.

Comment

Working...
                  X