sdreat yoke clamp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sdreat yoke clamp

Can someone tell me how the seat yoke clamps are to be installed on a buddy seat/t- bar. Bought a repro set and have my idea of how to install them but it doesn't seem to be right. Set consists of a 3/16 plate, a 3/16 upper clamp, the sprung steel lower clamp and two square headed bolts and nuts. Any help is appreciated! Mike

Palmer's resto book has some good pics. What year is your bike. Are you talking about the clamps to hold the helper springs? Mike

Comment

The bike is a 49 FL and I have Palmers book but it is hard to make things out. Right now I have the plate on top, the heavy clamp next and then the sprung steel clamp. All this is mounted below the seat T with the wing nut bolt in the rear hole, the shorter bolt in the next hole and a nut and bolt at the front holding the whole mess together but not going through the seat T. Sound right? Thanks! Mike

Comment

I think you have it right. It has been a while since I had one of that style assembled. I think the square head actually is kept form turning by a little flange, or something. The bolt heads all go on top. Now you have to make sure you have the right yoke, and fender clip. Mike

Comment

Thanks for your help. A buddy of mine also thought it was correct. Everything seems to work well---the helper spring yoke snaps in so I guess I'll call it good. Thanks again! Mike

Comment

Originally posted by dec241949 View Post
            The bike is a 49 FL and I have Palmers book but it is hard to make things out. Right now I have the plate on top, the heavy clamp next and then the sprung steel clamp. All this is mounted below the seat T with the wing nut bolt in the rear hole, the shorter bolt in the next hole and a nut and bolt at the front holding the whole mess together but not going through the seat T. Sound right? Thanks! Mike
            If memory serves me correct, it is the heavy clamp on top, spring plate underneath, and then flat plate on the bottom. I believe the bolt with the wing nut is the one closest to the opening.

Comment

A friend sent me this stuff when I was scrounging parts and pieces for my buddy seat.

Cory Othen
              Membership#10953

Comment

Thank you, Cory! As usual, you can be relied upon to provide the straight "skinny!" That official 1946 document leaves not a shadow of a doubt about how the question posed is to be answered. Thanks!
                Gerry Lyons #607
                http://www.37ul.com/
                http://flatheadownersgroup.com/

Comment

No problem Sarge... If I've got the info, I'm happy to share....
                  Cory Othen
                  Membership#10953

Comment

Thanks Cory! The picture along with the reference arrows was very helpful. Mike

Comment

You are most welcome Mike! I'm glad it was of some use to you.
                      Cory Othen
                      Membership#10953

Comment

Working...
                      X