How Many Knuckleheads still kicking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey guys question
    If a Knucklehead has a UL # then it is a UL bottom(flathead) end with El or FL heads/jugs correct. True Knucks were only EL or FL ?

Chris H- I have looked at your site and will continue Thanks
    "you gonna sit there and argue ......or FISH " Claude Leadbetter

Comment

Originally posted by fxcw64 View Post
      Hey guys question
      If a Knucklehead has a UL # then it is a UL bottom(flathead) end with El or FL heads/jugs correct. True Knucks were only EL or FL ?

Chris H- I have looked at your site and will continue Thanks
      No, not anywhere near correct. If it has a UL number it is almost 100% a restamp. The bottom ends are totally different and although it is possible to build such a hybrid, it is outside the ability of most and is not at all a common engine. The total existence could be counted on one hand.
      Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Wow Thanks Rubone you saved me from looking like a fool !! And you are correct I was mislead and that is straightened out with your help- the guy thought because the years were the same he had a knucklehead and gave me that # and I was confused since I had never known of a UL Knuck but figured it was the equivalent of people doing a Pan head/Shoval bottom.
        I guess I should have been able to figure this out since UL and WL are all either 74'' or 80'' correct ? and the early Knucks were 61'' cubic inches !!

Plus I never saw the heads on said bike it was just a pic !!

Comment

U and UL=74SV UH and ULH=80SV. W, WL, WLA, WLC, WLJ, WLH, G = 45. E, EL =61 OHV, and F,FL, FLH, FLE = 74OHV
          Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

This might help.

http://www.techsweb.us/hdvin3761.html

Comment

You guys are awesome !!! Thanks

Comment

Hey guys question
                As Robbie says, knucklehead and UL and engines are completely different.
                A few four cam knuckles have been built.

Comment

I can see now how wrong my original assumption was with the UL and EL hybrid --So for someone like me that sounds like alot of machine work putting heads on a bottom end that uses 4 cams instead of the single cam set up it came with!!!
                  I really can't wrap my head around that .....The angles seem all wrong WOW
                  Unless you just machine the covers to go over the ..........nope thats not it ------so do you just machine the UL heads to accept Knucklehead covers ???

Rubberband brain stretched to limits LOL -thats a headscratcher you got there 1950Panhead

Comment

Originally posted by fxcw64 View Post
                    I can see now how wrong my original assumption was with the UL and EL hybrid --So for someone like me that sounds like alot of machine work putting heads on a bottom end that uses 4 cams instead of the single cam set up it came with!!!
                    I really can't wrap my head around that .....The angles seem all wrong WOW
                    Unless you just machine the covers to go over the ..........nope thats not it ------so do you just machine the UL heads to accept Knucklehead covers ???

Rubberband brain stretched to limits LOL -thats a headscratcher you got there 1950Panhead
                    Look here for some insight.t http://victorylibrary.com/45MAG.htm

Comment

Working...
                    X