No announcement yet.

Frame Restoration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I agree with HTR Steve, and thank you for sharing your knowledge, and experience. In the past, a lot of talented people have kept their know-how a secret and that is how the art gets lost. I believe you are a true enthusiast because you share, and apply what you know with people who appreciate it. As for the value of your repair; good, genuine rigid forks are quite expensive now so the repair is very important, and a good value for us welding impared enthusiasts.
    Eric Smith
    AMCA #886

Comment

• I could comment but it would be probably just be a scrambled version of what Eric said. Very well done Steve and thanks again for sharing this kind of work with us.
      Cory Othen
      Membership#10953

Comment

• Originally posted by exeric View Post
        I agree with HTR Steve, and thank you for sharing your knowledge, and experience. In the past, a lot of talented people have kept their know-how a secret and that is how the art gets lost. I believe you are a true enthusiast because you share, and apply what you know with people who appreciate it. As for the value of your repair; good, genuine rigid forks are quite expensive now so the repair is very important, and a good value for us welding impared enthusiasts.
        Quote from Eric
        (I agree with HTR Steve, and thank you for sharing your knowledge, and experience. In the past, a lot of talented people have kept their know-how a secret and that is how the art gets lost.)

Thanks to all, for taking the time to post you'r appreciation of my efforts, and also to the people who emailed me directly.*
        I,m laid up with this confounded Ross River fever at the moment.
        One thing that I took for granted all my life, but now cherish when it comes around, is energy.*

I never took on an apprentice to pass my trade on to.*
        But I can placate myself, knowing that I have passed most of my frame experience to Craig at Tennessee Frames and the guys at Oceanbeetle in Japan.*
        Both groups have traveled over here to Australia and have been taught the correct methods in frame manufacture and frame restoration, and both groups purchased a new jig from me.
        Oceanbeetle are still setting up, but hope to be in operation in the near future.
        Craig is now operational in Tennessee. He spent a long time building a purpose made building to house his new venture in. *He recently completed a batch of frame restorations, and*is now in the middle of a production run of new frames, using our fully machined castings and pre bent tubes.

My frame manufacture knowledge is also in their hands now, *so there doesn't *need to be any fear of the information being lost when I retire shortly.

Which brings me to the important question...Anybody with vim and vigor interested in a world wide based business?
        See email contact below.
        Regards Steve
        Steve Little
        Upper Yarra Valley. Victoria.
        Australia.
        AMCA member 1950

Comment

• I feel for you Steve I've had the tick ittis twice,it takes the fun out of everything.Doctors are quacks when it comes to diagnosis of tick bites...pretty simple if have been bit and you start crapping bright green with very high fever,heart racing 200mph,side with bite going dead..........let's see ,treat you for a heart condition ,put you on treadmill spread it some more.Anything but give you antibiotics -Quack like a duck..enjoy your retirement and thanx for the info on frame ID and repair

Comment

• Steve, Wishing you a speedy recovery! Feel Better.

Comment

Working...
            X