J B Weld or locktite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• J B Weld or locktite

Want to replace bushings for clutch lever on servi but one side is washed out some. hole is ,504- .520 bushing o.d. is .500. Will J B Weld do the job and if so which number? I see there are a lot of them listed. How about Locktite? Many moons ago we used a lot of them but can not remember which one for steel to cast. Help has always been great coming from you guys. Hope to hear more. Thanks

buy a new clutch lever.
    rob ronky #10507
    www.diamondhorsevalley.com

Comment

I worded it wrong. Bushings go in the sprocket cover. The lever pivots on them. It looks likes that cover is had to find.

Comment

There are a few servi-car sprocket covers on Ebay right now. It just depends on what year you are working on. Also, Throttle Masters in Chicago used to have a lot of servi-car parts.
        Craig

Comment

I have a complete assembly available. I would have to inspect it to see the condition of the bushings. Let me know if you are interested.
          Attached Files
          Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Robbie, it is a 69 with electric start. Thanks for the offer. Part no. for cover is 34871-64. 64 being the first electric start.

Comment

Originally posted by jug View Post
              Robbie, it is a 69 with electric start. Thanks for the offer. Part no. for cover is 34871-64. 64 being the first electric start.
              No problem, that one may be tough.

Sounds like weld it and rebore it.
              Last edited by Rubone; 10-19-2019, 05:44 PM.
              Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Colony and Flatland have the bushings you need

Comment

RCamp, I have new bushings. Just need to make the one lose hole fit better. thanks

Comment

Have not used J B Weld but I seen stories of it for other things like sealing nipples. Is it not good to use for this problem? Some of these parts are hard to find and very pricey. Help!

Comment

Originally posted by jug View Post
                      RCamp, I have new bushings. Just need to make the one lose hole fit better. thanks
                      I am not familiar with the assembly, Jug,..

But usually its easiest to true up the hole, and then cut an oversized bushing to fit.

...Cotten
                      AMCA #776
                      Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

Thanks for all the ideas, Guys. Best deal yet. I have a new cover coming. Not taking any chances.

Comment

Not a reply to this thread only but for all the answers I got from you people the last couple years doing my 69 servi. Thanks to all. Happy Thanks giving

Comment

Working...
                          X