No announcement yet.

33-36 VL Oil Pump & VL Information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks sny. I've just been tinkering with this rig. Was thinking of a pot to change speed but motor only runs at 1725 rpm resulting in an engine speed 3450 rpm. I assume this is cruising speed.

I have some other plans for a pressure gage and graduations on clear tube to measure oil flow.

Comment

Greg,
      Nice test rig. Please post more as you progress. I'm sure you are using what you have available though your "pot" comment made me think of a speed controller and DC motor (maybe add tachometer). It would be nice to see what volume and pressures are created at different R's.
      William
      William Edwards, AMCA #10035

Attend the 2019 Southern National Meet at Denton Farmpark, NC, 17-18 May 2019
      http://www.amcasouthernnationalmeet.com/

Comment

Dear Guys, it's not a circulating oil system, so I wouldn't expect much or any oil pressure. Usually the 1934-36 VLs run on the oily side and the chain oiler can be shut off.

Comment

Oil pump should be back pressured by resistance of oil galleys and small clearance of rod bearings. There should be a measurable pressure rise, even if small.

Comment

Steve, I considered this further and you are correct on my rig. I'm not simulating the galley friction and just exhausting to ambient, so I won't measure much pressure if at all. Have to measure in inches of mercury or water.

Comment

Working...
            X