No announcement yet.

1936 vld

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's one on ebay, the only difference between it and mine is that mine says "74 and 80 Twin Models." Same items, diagrams, etc. on the same pages and the price ain't bad.
    Rich
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-HARL...-/301088542673
    Rich Inmate #7084

Comment

Thanks again everyone for the input. Jim, the "chain oiler" is really the only thing mechanically that has me stumped. All of our W models have the crankcase vent/chain oiler on the left side case and almost directly out from the rear engine mounts. Steve's book describes the path of the oil very well, but I'm not seeing where exactly the oiler/vent pipe spits out of the left case. Am I reading something wrong here?

Mike

Comment

C.O. it says its for the 45".

Comment

Originally posted by skidshoe View Post
          Thanks again everyone for the input. Jim, the "chain oiler" is really the only thing mechanically that has me stumped. All of our W models have the crankcase vent/chain oiler on the left side case and almost directly out from the rear engine mounts. Steve's book describes the path of the oil very well, but I'm not seeing where exactly the oiler/vent pipe spits out of the left case. Am I reading something wrong here?

Mike
          The oil doesn't come out of the crankcase... but a tube that runs from the right side. OK.... let me say it this way. The tube comes out of the bottom of the right side timing case and then makes a 90 degree turn and goes over to the left side sort of under the engine mount bolts. Then it pops through the inner primary chain cover, and ends just under the rear footboard mounting stud. It comes through a hold and will "breath" a mist of oil on your chain. This was all well and good during those dirt road days, but it really isn't needed anymore. On the '36 oil pump there is a screw that adjusts the amount of oil that goes to the chain. This is done by removing the thin washers from under the screw head. By removing the washers, you will slow down the oil that goes to the chain. I have removed all but one of the very thin washers.

Hope that helps
          Jim

AMCA #6520

Comment

Thanks, Jim. That absolutely makes sense and clears up the mystery holes on the cam cover. Can't wait to find all the parts I need and get this project together. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
            X