No announcement yet.

Fuel Shut-Off Rod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will say this about the issue I mentioned with Carl's shutoff kit.It only happened in the first couple of months after install.I have ridden both of mine many times since without ever having them hard to open under same heat/cool.I would buy Carl's kit again in a heartbeat.

Comment

While I wait for Carl's reply, Folks,...

Why not exhibit the very first PEEK Linkert floatvalve!

PEEK floatvalve.jpg

fitty dollas

...Cotten
      AMCA #776
      Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

Since I started this melee, I should probably chime in on two points:

#COTTEN, yes, the tool works on the 65 highway tanks. That's why I have it, and was my first use of it several years ago. And miraculously, that fuel shut off works fine with the original parts after tweaking the tanks with the tool before they were painted. The tool has plenty of thread on both parts to accommodate the slight variations in vertical size between the 45 tanks and the 3 and 5 gallon panhead tanks.

On the #### tipped rods, I had first found them on Carl's site, or maybe saw them mentioned on another forum, several years ago and made a mental note to get one for my Servi Car, but it had slipped my mind when I recently Googled and found the "vitron" one advertised elsewhere. Since I'm already woefully over budget on this thing, I'm making do with what I have for now, but that setup from Carl's will be my first upgrade to both the FLH and the Servi Car if any issues develop.

John
        Last edited by JSB55; 08-05-2023, 03:07 PM.
        Ride it like you can fix it!

Comment

UPDATE: Now that it's all back together, I can confirm that tweaking with the fuel rod alignment tool made my fuel shut off *much* easier* to open and close by hand. Still has good flow, and now shuts off completely. No leaks so far. Soaked the rod and seat in carb cleaner while it was apart, so that may have helped, too.
          Ride it like you can fix it!

Comment

That's great to hear, John!

How hard did you beat on it?

....Cotten
            AMCA #776
            Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

Working...
            X