1913-ish Pierce Single project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1913-ish Pierce Single project

After several months, my Pierce Single frame has finally arrived safely to my garage in California. This frame was discovered by a friend of mine who found it while traveling through Massachusetts. My plans are to repair the obvious rust damage, and to track down a good Pierce single cylinder motor.

I am very new to antique motorcycles so I expect this will be a learning experience for me. The bike is in extremely rough condition but thankfully no worse than I had expected.

I am guessing that it is a 1913 model based on the serial number and what I have learned about the year/model differences, but please correct me if this does not sound accurate.

I’m sure I’ll have plenty of questions moving forward, but I’ll also post more photos here as I make progress!

1AA9A16B-739A-438B-B331-A797EE1942C7.jpeg

2F635092-FE5B-4C17-BA82-1A3976B554C0.jpeg778B193B-9AD9-4097-874D-AB2F68766485.jpeg Some oil-soaking and torching helped free up that fork steer tube from the bearing cups. Also, I was able to get that threaded upper bearing cup free.

9F6FBE5E-7593-4F57-A6F3-125441A13B4F.jpeg

Comment

Nice!!!!
      Did the Mass owner have any history or background details on the Pierce?

Comment

Not much history unfortunately. It was pulled from a property that was getting rehabbed when it was offered to him. There was no opportunity to speak with the old owner or dig for other parts.

Comment

Wow, that's a serious project to undertake! Good for you and good luck. My suggestion is to be very patient and persistent, keep good notes and build a network. You will be surprised at what may turn up.

Comment

Wonderful and good luck with it. If you get a chance check out the So Cal chapter facebook page. The IMS motorcycle show was this weekend and there was a fantastic Pierce single there, I took several photo's of it. There on the facebook page :-) Also there is a guy who rides one every year at the Pasadena HCCA run, which is coming up in Dec, he is almost always there riding it around, I would try to make it if I was you .

Comment

Good info.. thank you!

Comment

These are fantastic when done. I have been up close on one lately and it’s stunning. Do a little research on which magneto you need. I may be able help source one.

Comment

I believe the correct magneto is a “Herz” as i’ve only seen this type if mag on Pierce singles. Thanks for the help!

33B70E56-5D9D-4CA0-A90E-709362ED05F9.jpeg

D7D3740A-1164-43C1-9252-BB20225DB08D.jpeg

Comment

Pretty sure I can get you one but I don’t know what to charge you! Haha! I will check this weekend. I am helping a friend clear out a lot of early, early parts. By the way I think we already connected over a V8 manifold a couple/ few months back.

Comment

Email me at fouracescycle@aol.com and include your cell phone number. I will be in touch.

Comment

the HCCA run was today in Pasadena, did you make it ? the guy was there again with his Pierce single. I got info for you, check your messages

Comment

I did, thank you! That was Carl who brought his Pierce motorcycle out this year and I did in fact get the opportunity to speak with him. Thanks for the heads up.. it worked out great. Also, the Holiday Excursion is a terrific event.

Comment

right on, glad you made it and got to talk to Carl

Comment

Working...
                            X