No announcement yet.

Dads Sport Scout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your father would be proud. Nice work! Now the fun part.
    DrSprocket

Comment

• Great job! Looking forward to the ride report
      AMCA #41287
      1971 Sprint SS350 project
      1982 FXR - AMCA 98.5 point restoration
      1979 FXS 1200 never done playing
      1998 Dyna Convertible - 100% Original
      96" Evo Softail self built chopper
      2012 103" Road King "per diem"
      plus 13 other bikes over the years...

Comment

• Well, she's a runner. Can't post videos here I guess but I posted one on my Instagram ( flfd7 on the gram ).

Key off, full choke, two priming kicks, half choke, key on, and she started first kick! ( believe it or not ).

Now messing with the carb and clutch hope to ride this weekend.

dads scout.jpg

Comment

• Fantastic, Joe. You certainly earned a ride and you're getting plenty of good vibes from your Father for putting in all the effort you did. I spent today working on my Sport Scout which was a schizophrenic experience, but glad I got a lot done and can now sit back and feel good about the negative, and positive B.S. That is a nice camera angle and I can see the value in the color scheme. I also see how smart it was for someone at Indian to put the chrome strips in front, and behind the teardrop emblems for 1941. Happy for you.
          Eric Smith
          AMCA #886

Comment

• Joe- ajj you need now is a wardrobe outfit in white... You'd look great in a Memorial Day Parade !! A great "restoration" story, with a very personal emphasis on your fathers motorcycle. I think you've captured the essence of what this hobby means to so many of us. Thanks for taking all of us along for the ride. You deserve the compliments. C2K

Comment

• Thanks everyone. Yes, while certainly patriotic the color scheme is, uh, unique. When my father purchased this bike back in 69 I think it was

PICT0232.jpeg

(here is a picture of it when he first got it, note the Commander horns!)

He got a package deal, two 41 Sport Scouts and parts for $650. The other bike is a mirror image of this one, Indian red bike with Seafoam blue skirts and tank panel. He called them his circus bikes cause of the paint jobs.

I was fiddling with the bike last night hoping to have it ready for a local car show this morning but in the end decided not to rush it, get it running just right. Also, I haven’t ridden it yet so don’t want to take any chances.

So I rode my Scout bobber (ex TROG bike) down to the show instead.

IMG_9861.jpeg

Weather getting a little raw anyway. I’ll fiddle with it some more later.

Comment

Working...
              X