No announcement yet.

1912 HD Belt Twin (AKA EVIL TWIN)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well at least you didn't get arrested for something stupid....like no head light.
    Louie
    FaceBook >>>Modern Antique Cycle
    Blog Site >>> http://louiemcman.blogspot.com/
    YouTube >>> LouieMCman

Comment

Abridged version:
      You got shitty with him and he didn't like it.
      www.motorcyclecannonball.com

Comment

Originally posted by jurassic View Post
        Abridged version:
        Yup... noticed the badge too late.

Joe, that's just a plain ol' bummer. I nearly got arrested in Eureka CA one time due to a gas station incident. I lucked out and after an incident with sirens and high speed police cruisers I got a cop that was willing to listen. Mind you he didn't try to grab me and was wearing a uniform!

Alright Louie... are you telling us you've been arrested for "no headlight"!!!

O.K. back to regular programming....

Last edited by c.o.; 09-25-2013, 10:36 PM.
        Cory Othen
        Membership#10953

Comment

Originally posted by jurassic View Post
          Abridged version:
          Lonnie

I maintained my composure throughout the entire event.

I don't respond well to inappropriate treatment especially by strangers who don't offer the courtesy of identifying themselves when disrespecting and abusing me. Remember he was undercover and didn't identify himself as an officer, I thought he was the station manger ! Your abridged version does not fit the incident. The gas station was cheating me out of nearly thirty dollars and this cowboy did not listen.

joe

Comment

I would still be in jail.....

Comment

Bob

Because I maintained my composure the cop changed his mind and did not jail me, his original intention. He did remove the cuffs for the last 30 minutes or so and then sent me on my way (catch and release program). We debated while he had me cuffed correcting his false statements and lies. Basically, I stood my ground without getting out of character.

The cowboy softened up when he realized he was wrong about me.

joe

Ok, Corys turn to post.
              Last edited by Slojo; 09-26-2013, 08:22 PM.

Comment

Page 82 of the Ghost build displays grinding the I.D. of the flywheels on Leo's Parker Majestic ID grinder . Leo has since sold that machine, time for a new plan.

joe

Comment

"Alright Louie... are you telling us you've been arrested for "no headlight"!!! "

Nope, not me!
                  Louie
                  FaceBook >>>Modern Antique Cycle
                  Blog Site >>> http://louiemcman.blogspot.com/
                  YouTube >>> LouieMCman

Comment

Louie

WAY TO FUNNY !!!

joe

Comment

Originally posted by Slojo View Post

I maintained my composure throughout the entire event.

joe
                      Joe, that's a testament to your character. I'm fairly level headed most of the time but I can't say for sure that I would have held my "composure" in that sort of situation.

O.K. let's catch up with the photos already!!!!

"Pre silver braze assembly. Making sure everything fits and aligns prior to Tony's arrival."

Cory Othen
                      Membership#10953

Comment

Alright it's time for a diversion. No motorsickles here but interesting nonetheless in my estimation!

"Does this stuff interest anyone? I always wanted a convertible just not my house. We are back on the cabin project where we left off four years ago, this time a whole new roof and some replacement rafters. The new rafters are cut from my woods and are made from maple, we removed two rotted oaks from the cabin rafters.

The roof rafters and pine boards will no longer bear the weight of the new roof system I developed. The weight will be distributed on the 2 X 10s laying flat on top of the gable walls with 24' span 10" Z channel used as stringers, insulation then corrugated steel on top to match the barn.

It is typically dark inside the cabin due to the window placement and trees blocking the sun. When in the cabin you feel like a mushroom but not today. Interesting note is the cabins two previous owners raised mushrooms here.

I can finally stand up off center in the loft without hitting my head on the ceiling.

joe"

Cory Othen
                        Membership#10953

Comment

Lets get through the roof project first.

We pealed the roof boards off the back side off my cabin and replaced four of six rafter. The new roof boards are machined as the old boards, ship lap, meaning they overlap in a similar fashion as shingles. Completing the roof back side Friday evening we covered it for the weakened with a heavy gauge tarp once used to cover the barn prior to putting the top on.

Back to the Twin

Other than silver brazing the frame is finished, time to finish flywheels. Setting up the Monarch to cut the pinion and sprocket shaft tapered holes is simple as rotating the compound rest and indicating parallelism of the cross slide to the taper on a matting shaft. It is important to get this process right, to do so you must have the dial indicator used for the set up and the cutting tools vertically on centerline of the spindle. If you miss center height your tapers will not be correct. Off center above or below will reduce your tapered angle and bell mouth the shape of the tapered hole that you are boring and in this case grinding into the flywheel.

Yes grinding, grinding the taper gives a better contact surface for a firmer grip of the shaft by the flywheel. Leo sold the I.D. grinder used on the Ghost flywheels. Without an I.D. grinder improvisation with a pencil grinder mounted in the tool post on the Monarch to finish the tapered bores. The flywheel is indicated for concentricity and axial true, total indicator reading (T.I.R.) is less than .0005". Next, with an industrial diamond dress the grinding wheel prior to "dusting" about .0005" per side from the machined bore.

Fenders were pulled from the inventory to prepare them for the build. They look good, both fenders are original and the front fender's only flaw is some surface rust. The rear fender is also nice, although it has been worked on in the past.

joe

Comment

Cory Othen
                            Membership#10953

Comment

Run,
                              Before anyone did anything on o motorcycle Carl Stearns Clancy Did it all on a 12 Henderson. To have History on your side. You bet I would.carl-stearns-clancy-1913-road-his-motorcycle-around-the-world-adb867c0-sz546x600-animate.jpg

Comment

Hey,
                                Stay out of Jail. I want you at your best.

Mark

Comment

Working...
                                X