X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T. Cotten
    replied
    Your first big problem, Harry,...

Is that is a pre-'29 Schebler bowl assembly, bowlnut included.

It could be 'convinced' to work, but you are better off trading it to somebody who needs it more (unless you want to go early 101 "correct" some day), and putting together a "common" Linkert sidebowl assembly.

The HS needle is also Schebler, but probably would "run". (You are going to want to put the LS spring collar beneath a good spring, not above it... Note that it seems to be the proper "fat" one,.. what's left of it.)
    The frozen and boogered gallery plugs, and all the other fasteners as well, come out easier with focused heat upon the fastener only.

Welcome to my Hell, Harry!

....Cotten
    Last edited by T. Cotten; 04-11-2020, 03:01 PM.

Leave a comment:

• pisten-bully
    started a topic Linkert M741-1 rebuild

Linkert M741-1 rebuild

Figured I go with a new thread on this carburetor that came with my 101 Scout. I was going to send it away (and I may still !) but after asking Cotten who he might suggest, he suggested I go for it myself, so here we go. (full disclosure.... I may have failed as many times on carburetor rebuilds as I have been sucessful, but live and learn I say.)

Here's what I am starting with, a dirty old 741 with a cork float that was mostly dust:

First thing I discovered is that the bowl appears to be Schebler, it's brass and doesn't seem to have a replaceable needle seat?

The float needle is still there, but without being able to replace the seat I'm wondering how to get a good seal?:

Then the low speed needle isn't connected to the adjuster knob, broken?

The throttle disc with a little light showing, and the shaft is actually not wobbly at all:

And finally, not sure if this is a plug or is it a jet? Either way, going to take some finagling to get it out of there:

As I said, it's really, really dirty and I can't get the discs out so I'm still working on disassembly/cleaning.
    Last edited by pisten-bully; 04-11-2020, 01:02 PM.
Working...
X