Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hello everyone,

my name is Jeffrey Fox and I am from Iowa, a little about myself:

I am 30 years old and I have always had an appreciation of motorcycles since I was young. My father had acquired a 1949 Harley WL before I was born and never had the time or money to rebuild/restore it. He has passed it onto me because of my interest in motorcycles. I currently also have a home hobby motorcycle shop. I am currently building the 1949 Harley WL and I am happy to start including myself in this forum, any wisdom is definitely appreciated.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 4 photos.

Welcome, Jeffrey!

We are here to help you avoid making mistakes,

(If that's possible with a vintage machine...)

....Cotten
    AMCA #776
    Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

Welcome, it looks like a good project, with a great back story too.

I hope you can do a build thread on it.
      AMCA #41287
      1971 Sprint SS350 project
      1982 FXR - AMCA 98.5 point restoration
      1979 FXS 1200 never done playing
      1998 Dyna Convertible - 100% Original
      96" Evo Softail self built chopper
      2012 103" Road King "per diem"
      plus 13 other bikes over the years...

Comment

Welcome, looks like you have a great start there!
        Pisten Bully is Harry Roberts in Vermont.

Comment

Nice looking project. Good luck with the rest of the build. Jerry

Comment

Hey Jeff, looking forward to following your build.

Comment

Welcome to the forum. Does your Dad live close and have any interest in the motorcycle? Possibly you both could spend quality time doing it together? I did that about 25 years ago with my Dad, he lived only an hour away but would spend the weekend and work on the bike together. I was about your age. Good luck with the build, look forward to the progress. I suggest getting Bruce Palmer's books if you already don't have them, they are advertised in our club magazine.
              Bob Rice #6738

Comment

Thank you, my dad does not live close, he has stopped by when he can and we're making memories as we go. I do have Bruce palmers books. They have been a great help.

Comment

welcome jeff.great project

Comment

Hi Jeff, I am a new member like you and I am just trying out the forum to see if I can navigate around. Did you go to the big meet in Davenport? I wish you luck in putting together your bike. I was a member 20yrs ago and I know this is a great community of folks that want to help you enjoy vintage motorcycling

Comment

Originally posted by reedsleyer View Post
                      Hi Jeff, I am a new member like you and I am just trying out the forum to see if I can navigate around. Did you go to the big meet in Davenport? ...
                      Davenport is still weeks away, Reedsleyer!

http://www.chiefblackhawk.org/

(But it looms over me like a storm; Cancelled last year, it promises to be more than I can handle, even though most of our overseas visitors will be regrettably missing.)

Welcome all,

....Cotten
                      AMCA #776

Comment

Hi Jeff I have never been to Davenport. 20 years ago it was the biggest meet but when I was at Wauseon this year folks said that Wauseon was bigger. IDK. I suppose I should look up the dates. Was thinking of going to the Maryland chapter meet in the fall. Is there racing at the Davenport meet like at Wauseon? I know.. I could look it up if I was a more motivated individual. What do you do for fun besides dumpster diving and looking for vintage bike parts? I am going on a big ride for a couple of days in Virginia next month. A friend and I are trailering down as our bikes are not the new hot thing (not quite vintage but almost Lol) but I guess it's lots of twisty fun. My name is Liz, by the way. reedsleyer has been my internet nic for many years. I acquired in the 80's and is a weaving term for poking the warp threads on a loom through the item that beats down the weft threads which is called the reed. (I am a sometime fiber artist).

Comment

Welcome Jeff, nice project. 45s are a lot of fun, although the days of 45s being the "cheap to restore" H-Ds are long gone. Good luck on your project and good luck finding a correct set of '49 style handlebars at some point.
                          Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

And welcome again, Liz!

Doesn't everybody dig in dumpsters?

(It would be a better world if they did.)

....Cotten
                            AMCA #776

Comment

Greeting's Jeffrey. You might want to look up section--'Member Bike Builds', entitled--'Pa's 42 WLA Build'.
                              Great Luck on the Build.

*M.A.D.*

Comment

Working...
                              X