Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you for the support, wish I could get notifications for this so I know when someone posts here. Reedsleyer, I did go to the Blackhawk swap meet in Davenport. It was my first time and there were some great people there that I got alot of nice goodies from. I work full time as an Engineer for Webster County IA. I also am a volunteer fire fighter.

Rubone, I actually have the handlebars but I don't have the risers for it.

thank you all for being supportive, Ill have to make sure to check here often!

Here is a current photo of the build. I'm rebuilding the tranny right now.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

"Rubone, I actually have the handlebars but I don't have the risers for it"

I mean the factory springer bars, not the rubber mounts. The bars pictured on your bike are '48 and earlier. The '49-'52WL rigid mount bars have different controls on them.
      Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

I'd like to clarify, the handlebars currently on the bike are pre 1948 kit style with grips.

I have the actual 1949 bars but I don't have the grips, internals, or risers to put them on the bike.

Comment

Originally posted by rangofox View Post
          I'd like to clarify, the handlebars currently on the bike are pre 1948 kit style with grips.

I have the actual 1949 bars but I don't have the grips, internals, or risers to put them on the bike.
          OK, more clarification. The OEM standard bars do not use any type of riser, they look exactly like those '48 bars EXCEPT for the grip sleeves, spirals, etc.
          Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Now I see, thank you for clarifying. I appreciate your help. Is it possible to change the grips to the 49 standard?

Comment

Originally posted by rangofox View Post
              Now I see, thank you for clarifying. I appreciate your help. Is it possible to change the grips to the 49 standard?
              No, the bars are made differently.
              Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Working...
              X