BIKES AND SUPPORT TRUCK STOLEN Cannonball 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wideglide38 View Post
    I don't suspect eBay cares what is sold on their site. They have no knowledge/history of items sold there. Their sole purpose is an outlet and to collect fees upwards of 20% (for non-volume sellers) + 4% for Paypal - all for never touching or handling any items. They will assist police by providing listing details and info of the owner's selling account and buyer's account if contacted by police (only - not by the victim). I hope all the scoots, tools, etc are found before . . . . . . . William

P.S. Below is a link to ebay's customer service page regarding stolen property:

http://ocsnext.ebay.com/ocs/sr key in "stolen property".
    Thought it would be worth a try...

Saddest part is people's lifetime work and livlihoods being robbed from them. The feeling of having a motorcycle stolen is like none other. I had my motorcycle stolen from inside a locked garage in 1971; felt gutshot for days. I'm glad we have a worldwide brotherhood. Short of aggressive and competent policework, the fellowship of the brotherhood is the best chance for getting these bikes, tools and parts back to their owners. Very sorry to hear this happened to Jon, he has been a great help to me with my 27 JD project.
    Steve Swan

27JD 11090 Restored
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClUPIOo7-o8
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtuptEAlU30

27JD 13514 aka "Frank"
    https://forum.antiquemotorcycle.org/...n-Project-SWAN
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNRB...nnel=steveswan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSDeuTqD9Ks
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwlIsZKmsTY

Comment

sounds like ( from facebook posts ) one trailer found with the 4 bikes at a port in seatle wa ready to be shipped over seas.
      all spares and tool are still missing
      cannonball poster on back painted over
      no other to report as of right now

aka HAWG
      1914 EXCELSIOR BELT DRIVE SINGLE
      1914 excelsior belt drive single carcuss
      1940 indian chief military
      1965 sportster xlch
      1969 sportster xlch bobber
      1971 bsa A65 chopper
      1969 harley ss350 sprint
      1960 harley topper
      1963 harley topper
      H model whizzer on cheiftain bicycle
      H model whizzer on schwinn bicycle
      1949 harley model 125 bobber project
      1959 harley model 165
      1960 harley super 10
      1974 indian 70cc dirt bike
      EXCELSIOR - ALWAYS MAKES GOOD

Comment

Just got word from Buck Carson. The four bikes have been recovered at the Port of Tacoma! All of the bikes are intact, but riffled through. All the spares, tools and luggage are still missing.

Bill Wood
        Last edited by wlwood; 09-24-2014, 06:11 PM.

Comment

Great news! I hope they also caught the thieves !

Comment

Wow, that's fantastic news!!
            William Edwards, AMCA #10035

Attend the 2019 Southern National Meet at Denton Farmpark, NC, 17-18 May 2019
            http://www.amcasouthernnationalmeet.com/

Comment

Thanks for the updates- Please keep them coming!
              Rich Inmate #7084

Comment

Originally posted by harleytoprock View Post
                Great news! I hope they also caught the thieves !
                I will second that, hopefully Shelby will get his possessions back also.
                Bob Rice #6738

Comment

KOMO-NEWS: TACOMA, Wash. -- A number of vintage motorcycles that were stolen from a group of cross-country motorcycle riders in Tacoma have been recovered in Seattle, police said Wednesday.

A truck, trailer, five vintage Harley Davidson motorcycles and equipment totaling more than $250,000 was swiped from a hotel parking lot in Tacoma.

All the equipment belongs to a team of eight riders who had just completed the 4,000-mile Cannonball Endurance Run from Dayton Beach, Florida to Tacoma.

"To go thousands of miles was just an amazing journey, and to come here and be savored, then to get up and see (the motorcycles) are gone is devastating," David Lloyd, whose vintage Harley Davidson bike was inside the trailer, said Tuesday. "It's just killing the victory."

The truck and trailer full motorcycles and equipment was parked on the second level of the parking garage at Hotel Murano in downtown Tacoma. The truck, trailer and one of the vintage motorcycles belonged to Jon Neuman, who traveled from Texas for the run. He says when he got up Tuesday morning and looked out the hotel window everything was gone.

"This was very organized," said Neuman. "For them to get that truck out of the parking lot in a short window of time with no evidence left behind - that is a professionals doing it."

But they got the good news that four of the motorcycles were found Wednesday afternoon. Seattle police say a witness spotted the trailer in the 2700 block of 7th Place South and called police.

Officers arrived and opened the trailer to find four stolen Harleys. Detectives will be dusting the bikes for fingerprints in the hopes of tracking down the thief or thieves.

If you have any information on the theft, you're asked to call Seattle police.
                  Rich Inmate #7084

Comment

From Mike Carson's facebook

"To those who stole the CCM Cannonball motorcycles. I now know that you received my warning on FB and that you have returned the truck, the trailer and the four motorcycles. However, this is not over. You still have my Team's tools, spares, luggage and my teammates leather jackets. You seriously screwed up when you left the trailer at the Port of Tacoma. We have clear camera pictures of you from the Port. The police have your fingerprints. You are being hunted on the ground right now. This is your last chance to walk away free. Leave the rest of our Teams stuff in a safe place and call me personally at 281-705-5634 and we will call the dogs off. If you do not comply, you will taste Texas justice. That is a promise. Thank you for cooperating so far. We just need you to cooperate a little more in order to walk away free."
                    Al Cournoyer
                    1942 WLA Boober
                    1928 JDL Super Sport In progress
                    Member #23154

Comment

Absolutely awesome !!! Very happy the bikes were found. I have a feeling everything will be recovered.
                      Adam

Comment

Al, Congrats to all team members for their recovery!! Such great news!! I must admit that's one helluva notice to the perps!! Hope they wise up and comply.

Comment

As the owner of a chipper and a backhoe, I would be more than happy to offer Mike Carson assistance in administering some Texas Old Testament Justice!

Glad they got some of it back... now, hopefully, we'll hear that they got the rest.

Sirhr

Comment

Originally posted by BigLakeBob View Post
                            I will second that, hopefully Shelby will get his possessions back also.

All of the bikes belonged to Cherokee Members of the Carson Team and had bikes, spare parts and riders hand tools in the trailer and at last word only 4 of the five motorcycles plus trailer were recovered in Seattle. I just talked to Greg McFarland, who had just been told his bike was safe but all loose parts and tools were taken from saddle bags. Greg had flown out earlier with his luggage, so was on pins and needles to find out any news. He reports that all of Jon's Spare Bike and extra rebuilt or new spare parts, all of the JD tools and regular hand tools he brought for him and Jessie Law to use on JD's, are gone as well as Big Swede's luggage and spares. David Lloyd had 4 crates of Parts including a extra motor plus many spares. All gone.....

Thanks for the comment about me, Bob, I took a very large hit, all uninsured but irreplaceable anyway. I had tools I bought and collected from my apprenticeship in the Steel Mills in South Chicago when I was 18, some of my Dad's tool and Die makers tools, and of course all the special H-D tools I collected for the past 45 years that I had made into my mobile "fix it" tool box I took everywhere I went to a Motorcycle event. This time it hit real hard because I brought my Van Norman tool box from my 1942 Boring Bar to use on the Bar in the Carson Team Machine shop. Model 777s red box with modern inserted blind hole cutters and all of the cat paws and other special tools.

Flying home today I had got word that the Trailer was found while I was in Denver but they had not been allowed to see it on the inside yet, but by the time I got to Dallas I found out that everything of mine was taken except what I had on and my computer bag. Every Carson or Harley tee shirt as well as all the clothes Gloria had packed, Gone, Two Cameras, Gone, My 38 S&W Stainless Revolver, Gone, all my tools and Spare parts taken to help on the ride, gone. Right now I am Numb as well as my Team mates, But I think I am Done, Just one kick in the nuts too many, I must be getting old. Shelby

Comment

Shelby, Hopefully Mike Carson's FB offer will result in your prized tools and other belongings being returned. In the mean time, would you have any photos of these items/tooling, etc. . . . . it would be very helpful as members scour flea-bay. . . . I certainly will search out those pages looking for you! William

Comment

Originally posted by wideglide38 View Post
                                Shelby, Hopefully Mike Carson's FB offer will result in your prized tools and other belongings being returned. In the mean time, would you have any photos of these items/tooling, etc. . . . . it would be very helpful as members scour flea-bay. . . . I certainly will search out those pages looking for you! William
                                Thank you William, I have been overwhelmed by the number of phone calls of support both for me and my team mates. The theft occurred in Tacoma, so Police report was taken there on Bikes, Truck and Trailer, The empty truck was recovered in King County, so Sheriff office involved, and trailer and bikes were recovered in Seattle, so the police there are involved. Because of the Pistols stolen in luggage and truck, it has been raised to an officer safety status, and the FBI is involved because of the value and interstate nature of this event.

Our worry is that Because of the recovery of part of the load (4 of 5 Motorcycles, Truck and Trailer), now comes the hard part of finding the spare parts, extra motors. All personal items are gone, luggage hand tools, special items each carried. I came home with only what I was wearing plus one dirty tee shirt and one pair of dirty blue jeans. Two soft bags with all my everyday summer and winter clothes ( we thought we would be working on Bikes in the snow if necessary) plus all the souvenir tee shirts from the trip are gone.

As far as helping me with pictures of tools, on ebay there is a van norman boring bar 777 tool kit #281426487544, it is smaller than my master kit but gives good pictures of what it looks like. Mine had 777 written with a felt tip marker on the top lower right corner and has Beam brand new inserted off set and standard modern boring tools and extra inserts. My fix it tool box has mostly brand name taps, tap holders (8), all American made, craftsman socket sets (3), Chapman gun screwdriver set, assorted special punches, files, needle file set, a new S&S flywheel balance arbor shaft, pliers of all sizes, brass and steel punch set, special screwdrivers and picks,and most important my factory WWll Linkert Carb tools, clean out set updated for all models. 3 to 4 Micrometer, Strarett or Charftsman, I will have to check which set is missing one, 3 to 3.5 inside Brown and Sharp internal micrometer. Very long list of small tools in Black Plastic tool box with lift out tray, and two clear small parts boxes snapped into top of box.

Thanks to Mike Carson and everyone looking, I am Humbled by the effort. Shelby

Comment

Working...
                                X