• Show
Clear All

Similar to this?

Al Cournoyer
    1942 WLA Boober
    1928 JDL Super Sport In progress
    Member #23154

Comment

Don't forget to check Craigs List. That is turning into a major 'fencing' site and being local to the SeaTac area... you may be surprised what shows up there.

And make sure that the serial number of your S&W gets entered into the NCIC database of stolen firearms. That could well show up much faster than an engine...

Cheers,

Sirhr

Originally posted by shelbyinparadise View Post
      Thank you William, I have been overwhelmed by the number of phone calls of support both for me and my team mates. The theft occurred in Tacoma, so Police report was taken there on Bikes, Truck and Trailer, The empty truck was recovered in King County, so Sheriff office involved, and trailer and bikes were recovered in Seattle, so the police there are involved. Because of the Pistols stolen in luggage and truck, it has been raised to an officer safety status, and the FBI is involved because of the value and interstate nature of this event.

Our worry is that Because of the recovery of part of the load (4 of 5 Motorcycles, Truck and Trailer), now comes the hard part of finding the spare parts, extra motors. All personal items are gone, luggage hand tools, special items each carried. I came home with only what I was wearing plus one dirty tee shirt and one pair of dirty blue jeans. Two soft bags with all my everyday summer and winter clothes ( we thought we would be working on Bikes in the snow if necessary) plus all the souvenir tee shirts from the trip are gone.

As far as helping me with pictures of tools, on ebay there is a van norman boring bar 777 tool kit #281426487544, it is smaller than my master kit but gives good pictures of what it looks like. Mine had 777 written with a felt tip marker on the top lower right corner and has Beam brand new inserted off set and standard modern boring tools and extra inserts. My fix it tool box has mostly brand name taps, tap holders (8), all American made, craftsman socket sets (3), Chapman gun screwdriver set, assorted special punches, files, needle file set, a new S&S flywheel balance arbor shaft, pliers of all sizes, brass and steel punch set, special screwdrivers and picks,and most important my factory WWll Linkert Carb tools, clean out set updated for all models. 3 to 4 Micrometer, Strarett or Charftsman, I will have to check which set is missing one, 3 to 3.5 inside Brown and Sharp internal micrometer. Very long list of small tools in Black Plastic tool box with lift out tray, and two clear small parts boxes snapped into top of box.

Thanks to Mike Carson and everyone looking, I am Humbled by the effort. Shelby

Comment

Ribeye Cow is watching Craig list among others, and the Tacoma Police followed up with a call once they were sure my luggage was not in trailer. A loaded .38 with extra ammo got their attention, they were quite serious that it was an officers safety issue.... But Washington cities are getting ready to pass stricter gun laws, so I doubt that I will ever get it back. It was a present for my 60th birthday at Eustis by a great friend in 2007 so it was special, but only one of many on hand.

Originally posted by sirhrmechanic View Post
        Don't forget to check Craigs List. That is turning into a major 'fencing' site and being local to the SeaTac area... you may be surprised what shows up there.

And make sure that the serial number of your S&W gets entered into the NCIC database of stolen firearms. That could well show up much faster than an engine...

Cheers,

Sirhr

Comment

I do not personally know Shelby, but I know a man with skills needs tools. The tools a man has history with, and is familiar to, can never really be replaced if lost, but there are more good tools out there. If someone with the time would be gracious enough to manage a fund to help Shelby out, I pledge the first 100.00 towards helping him fill a tool box. If you can't afford a cash donation, maybe you have some extra tools around to pass along.
          Kyle Oanes AMCA # 3046

Comment

Originally posted by koanes View Post
            I do not personally know Shelby, but I know a man with skills needs tools. The tools a man has history with, and is familiar to, can never really be replaced if lost, but there are more good tools out there. If someone with the time would be gracious enough to manage a fund to help Shelby out, I pledge the first 100.00 towards helping him fill a tool box. If you can't afford a cash donation, maybe you have some extra tools around to pass along.
            I'd pledge $100. i don't know Shelby and he doesn't know me, but i know what it feels like to be have a motorcycle stolen (violated.) i've never had my nuts pulled up through my mouth, but that's how i'd describe the feeling.
            Last edited by Steve Swan; 09-26-2014, 10:03 PM.
            Steve Swan

27JD 11090 Restored
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClUPIOo7-o8
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtuptEAlU30

27JD 13514 aka "Frank"
            https://forum.antiquemotorcycle.org/...n-Project-SWAN
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNRB...nnel=steveswan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSDeuTqD9Ks
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwlIsZKmsTY

Comment

I would be happy to also help out. Shelby PM me a more detailed list of specific taps, tap holders, specific sockets, needle files, style of 3-4" mic you prefer, etc. I own a small machine shop and can help in this area.
              Bob Rice #6738

Comment

i can replace some of the tools, i believe i have an extra Starrett outside mic set
                Al Cournoyer
                1942 WLA Boober
                1928 JDL Super Sport In progress
                Member #23154

Comment

Kyle, you have really hit the nail on the head with how a craftsman respects his tools, my Dad's tool and die makers tools, all the special tools I have bought to work on Mechanical Restorations to Harleys, were my best friends that I could depend on to produce quality work and results. I would compare my "Fix it Tool Box" like a Doctor' bag, he takes his best to a emergency, and on the Cannonball we were doing emergency repairs so the riders could be on the road the next day. Cheap Foreign tools are a joke and cause more problems than they cure. Did we take too many spares? Ask someone we gave a part to so he could ride another day, Just like we did on the Cherokee Road Run this Spring, We had most every part to get people going and in multiple quantities.

I ask everyone to hold off and lets see if Jon's insurance, will cover the loss for all the team members possessions lost, if not found in a reasonable amount of time. My contact info below.

Thank you all more than I can say for thinking of us!!!!!!!! Shelby Withrow, Membership and events director Cherokee Chapter, shelbyinparadise@compuwise.net 940-748-2555, www.Cherokeeamca.org Join us, we travel and try to have fun

Comment

Originally posted by shelbyinparadise View Post
                    . A loaded .38 with extra ammo got their attention, they were quite serious that it was an officers safety issue.... But Washington cities are getting ready to pass stricter gun laws, so I doubt that I will ever get it back. It was a present for my 60th birthday at Eustis by a great friend in 2007 so it was special, but only one of many on hand.
                    did you have an out of state carry permit? you may find out how strict Washington state gun laws are. I BELIEVE EVERYBODY SHOULD HAVE THE RIGHT TO CARRY. you better pray some crackhead does not shot somebody with a few bucks for a lawyer. that whole tofu coast does not have reciprocity with many states if any. i would call the nra monday first thing. if you had an non resident carry permit then your good and wont need to worry.
                    Last edited by rwm; 09-26-2014, 07:57 PM.
                    rob ronky #10507
                    www.diamondhorsevalley.com

Comment

I really did not want to get into a discussion about the firearm but the door opened. First, I am a strong believer in the 2nd. Utah permit works for Washington but that's about it for a non- resident permit. Washington does issue non-resident permits, a lot of states do not. Oh, and I would worry if someone gets whacked with that firearm. Lawyers can do wonders with negligent loss of a loaded firearm.
                      Last edited by D.A.Bagin; 09-27-2014, 06:03 AM.
                      D. A. Bagin #3166 AKA Panheadzz 440 48chief W/sidecar 57fl 57flh 58fl 66m-50 68flh 70xlh

Comment

Originally posted by D.A.Bagin View Post
                        I really did not want to get into a discussion about the firearm but the door opened. First, I am a strong believer in the 2nd. Utah permit works for Washington but that's about it for a non- resident permit. Washington does issue non-resident permits, a lot of states do not. Oh, and I would worry if someone gets whacked with that firearm. Lawyers can do wonders with negligent loss of a loaded firearm.
                        With due respect, Please do not hijack this thread, it is too important. How you get negligent loss of a loaded firearm, out of a secured gun in luggage, in a locked trailer, is beyond me. Just for the record I am a Legal resident of Utah, Texas, and Florida. The pistol from the truck, owner had permit and in compliance with all federal law while traveling. Enough said. Shelby
                        Last edited by shelbyinparadise; 09-27-2014, 11:57 AM. Reason: grammer

Comment

Shelby, I did not hijack the thread at all. Rob went in the direction of responsible firearm ownership. I just went a bit further on that subject. I did not leave a loaded firearm unattended and without personal possession, you did. How much fun would it have been to come upon the persons responsible with this very unfortunate situation and get a third of an ounce of your possessions returned to you in a most unwanted manner. I think you would rather have it in your possession and if law allows defend your property. If you want to discuss this further please pm me. I am happy for you that you do have a permit that allows you possession in Washington. So do I. I am a extreme supporter of the right to bear arms according to law so do not think I am some anti by any means. I believe the ammo and firearm has to be separated and unloaded according to federal law when travelling in non-permitted states and the owner has to be present even in permitted states, but as I said, feel free to PM me on this subject.
                          Last edited by D.A.Bagin; 09-27-2014, 05:52 PM.
                          D. A. Bagin #3166 AKA Panheadzz 440 48chief W/sidecar 57fl 57flh 58fl 66m-50 68flh 70xlh

Comment

I do Not see the point of PM, A Firearm securely locked in trunk of car, or in this case locked in a secure trailer, under stacks of other luggage, surrounded by strapped in Motorcycles is just as legal as the one checked in luggage on flight home in locked case with knives. Are you next to suggest that if I had carried all my possessions to the hotel room I would have prevented a Thief from committing a crime of Stealing all my possessions and returning home with nothing but my medicine bag and computer? Should I have had the Truck and Trailer put in Hotel safe overnight for security? I am still trying to finish additional Police report and you are being of no help getting my Teams possessions back with your tangent. Shelby

Originally posted by D.A.Bagin View Post
                            Shelby, I did not hijack the thread at all. Rob went in the direction of responsible firearm ownership. I just went a bit further on that subject. I did not leave a loaded firearm unattended and without personal possession, you did. How much fun would it have been to come upon the persons responsible with this very unfortunate situation and get a third of an ounce of your possessions returned to you in a most unwanted manner. If you want to discuss this further please pm me. I am happy for you that you do have a permit that allows you possession in Washington. So do I. I am a extreme supporter of the right to bear arms so do not think I am some anti by any means.

Comment

This thread is about stolen and hopefully recovered motorcyclists' property, not gun laws. It WAS hijacked.
                              Rich Inmate #7084

Comment

Thank you Richard and God Bless, Now I will P*ss off someone else with that.
                                Hold your Bible, Guns and Freedom close, less they be taken away. Shelby

Originally posted by frichie68 View Post
                                This thread is about stolen and hopefully recovered motorcyclists' property, not gun laws. It WAS hijacked.

Comment

Working...
                                X