32E Generator Repair/Restoration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 32E Generator Repair/Restoration

I am wondering if Dale Cashman who back in the late 90's was from the Virginia Beach Area is still working on and restoring Generators. If he is I was also looking for a possible current contact number or email for him if anyone can help me out. Thanks
    Last edited by Austy; 06-22-2024, 09:39 AM.

I will look to see fi I can find it but it should be in the magazine. He is in Texas now I believe. I had him do 3 for me a couple years ago and we had others who added theirs to the pile, .for a total of about 6. We arranged to give them to him at Wauseon. Took a couple weeks and we got them back.

Tom (Rollo) Hardy
    AMCA #12766

Comment

I’ve had good luck with Dick Lynn out of Ny. Fast, reasonable and no problems. PM me if you want his number.

Comment

Phone # for Dale 1-573-754-6294 , remember depending on where you call from the time difference. I think it's Winnsboro Texas.

Tom (Rollo) Hardy\
        AMCA #12766

Comment

Paul Benassi has rebuilt about 15 generators for me. fast, high quality & affordable.

Comment

Originally posted by knucklehead 61 View Post
            Paul Benassi has rebuilt about 15 generators for me. fast, high quality & affordable.
            I second Paul's work. He has done 5 generators for me over the years with no problems

Comment

Thank you Rollo I was able to make contact with Dale today. FYI, he is now in Missouri
              Last edited by Austy; 06-26-2024, 05:06 PM.

Comment

Just for added info, Rob from Retro-cycle did a conversion from 6V 3 brush to 6V 2 brush on my 57 with the electronic cut-out replacement. Has worked fine since he did it 5-6 years ago or so. He just did a rebuild on my 68 genny and I went home, put it in and works perfectly. So if you are on the east coast I highly recommend him. Nice guy also.
                D. A. Bagin #3166 AKA Panheadzz 440 48chief W/sidecar 57fl 57flh 58fl 66m-50 68flh 70xlh

Comment

Howdy chaps,

I did what Mr. Bagin did with the 32E on my 41 FL, u can view the sequence of mods at my gallery below commencing with the install of a Quick Start 2000. The foundation of this conversion is the superb VTronic regulator. You will need to fuse it, no mechanical breakers. As I run all LED’s for low system load, I’ve fused the regulator at 10amps and the system at 15. Some would bypass this mod and just go to Cycle Electric under the premise a generator of this vintage is not reliable. Generators of this era are very overbuilt having had to deal with third brushes creating excess heat by overly duty cycled operation. With electronic regulation they are loafing, brushes last longer, commutator segments far less blackened and worn.

https://petergz.smugmug.com/Motorcyc...41FL/i-466wFK5
                  Cheerio,
                  Peter
                  1950 Vincent - A Red Rapide Experience

Comment

Working...
                  X