No announcement yet.

32E Generator Repair/Restoration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rebuilding VS Restoring. Who does the best restoration? Not only working well but looking like NOS?
    Be sure to visit;
    http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
    Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
    Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Haynes View Post
      Rebuilding VS Restoring. Who does the best restoration? Not only working well but looking like NOS?
      Restoration VS Conservation is one step higher.

...Cotten
      PS: I can bring 'cores' to Davenport...
      AMCA #776
      Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

Originally posted by gitguy View Post

I would be interested t know more about Paul Benassi's electronic voltage regulators. Does he have a web page another way to reach him?

Thanks!
        Hi all, fyi, I developed a very robust Regulator as an embedded solution, it means, that unit we can install in any original DelcoRemy cutout relay housing/chassis.
        It's available for 6 or 12 Volt and is designed up to 150 Watt, 20 Amp. at 6 Volt no problem, e.g. for police generators necessary. Also, I've LEDs for headlamps
        available, they need only 8 Watt and have 1600 lumens. Install it instead your filament bulb, no additional electronic necessary. If you are intarested give me a PM.
        George AMCA 2781

3 Photos

The above was copied from a 9/22/21 post 6V LED Conversion. Contact George and he can get you in touch with Paul, they work together. Their units will fit inside any original voltage regulator or cutout housing. I have about 9k miles on one on my pan, it is a 12v housed in an original 6v regulator shell. It is sealed with the original gasket so it does not get wet. Very happy with their product.
        Bob Rice #6738

Comment

Chris, my 32E was rebuilt by Rich Brown (in our magazine). Worked fine, and looks very good. I supplied my painted end cover, and I wanted to keep the original riveted on tag so that is on me. I need to go with the source BigLakeBob cited for a modern cut-out, and LED lights sounds like a brilliant (groan) idea.
          Eric Smith
          AMCA #886

Comment

Dale did an awesome job with my 32E Generator. Service was fast and very reasonable in price. If it last as long as the last 1 he did for me someone else will be riding my bike. I wanted the original tag left as is so that is on me. Thank you Dale 32 E Generator (3).jpg 32 E Generator (4).jpg 32 E Generator (2).jpg
            You do not have permission to view this gallery.
            This gallery has 3 photos.

Comment

Working...
            X